South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2009, 06:25 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Tuesday's Twitterings

Good morning! We're expecting a bit of winter today, so I'm preparing to either come home early or spend the night. Either option is fine with me. The girls have been begging me to stay overnight for a while now. I know how their minds work, they like to pile into the bed and snuggle with me.

I'm just shaking my head at myself today. After getting through the holidays and staying on plan so well, yesterday I succumbed to a bag of baked Lay's potato chips! Of all things. I don't even like them normally, but they did hit the spot at the time. That was my only stray, though, and I was right back on track with supper.

Time for some oatmeal with chopped apple and walnuts for breakfast!
Old 01-06-2009, 06:51 AM   #2  
no longer single

S/C/G: 225/220.5/150

Height: 5'5"

good morning, funny even without working i'm up early...sure theres school today but i was up before the alarm. i guess i got up before 5 for so long i can't get out of the habit, most days i can fall back asleep but still its stuck.

anyways, my first week is going good,no problems anyways. i'll be heading out for a docotors appointment thats 90 minutes away that should be fun.
Old 01-06-2009, 06:59 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Cottage, the temptation troll was here too. Rob came over for a chat and we drank Scotch. We should hang up our Mod hats. (At least we admit it.)

Some final de-Christmassing is on the agenda today and I just may go to the city for a little shop. I have a book store gift card burning a hole in my pocket and have also decided to buy a wee toaster oven. It's so silly to turn on the regular oven for one serving. I have some pinto beans that I over-cooked on Sunday and may make a soup with them to use up some turkey bacon and frozen spinach. I am really into soups in winter but ignore them completely the rest of the year.

Now I'm off for oatmeal with chopped apple and walnuts for my breakfast!

Hope your Tuesday is terrific and productive.

Lifting my at Me4life. I hope your drive is OK - that's like me going to Ottawa for a doc appointment!
Old 01-06-2009, 07:18 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 283-261/198/140

Height: 5'2"

hi all,

Back to normal routine and there is little time in the morning to stop. Yesterday was tiring. Everyone came home drained and ready to eat. To bad no one wanted to cook!! Oh well life is back..

Will try to check in again

Have a great day and a safe one
Old 01-06-2009, 07:37 AM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Chicks I have a new favorite coffee - Red Eye Express. How can you not love that?!

Cottage - Potato Chips were always my weakness. I always had a thing for fat and salt. It's great that you could just put that behind you and get back on track again instead of writing off the whole day. Have fun with the girls. Will you have internet access if you get snowed in there?

Me - I know what you mean-I can't even manage to sleep in on weekends anymore. Hope your drive is without any icky weahter

Ruth - I gotta admit that on New Year's Eve I decided to have a shot of Bailey's. It was worth every horrid little calorie and sugar gram. Have a good drive.

Phx - Have a good day

It looks like that storm is headed our way tomorrow too. I'm actually getting sick of work at home days that I don't get to plan ahead!

Yoga restarted yesterday, always a good thing. I'm working with the wellness coordinator of the larger agency in our building to pull together a lunchtime workout a few days a week. I think we are going to start with the WATP 2 mile strength DVD. It's the right length, a good workout and accessible for those who haven't been working out. It would definitely be a great addition to my life to get a workout in at lunchtime. Some days it feels like all I do is work, cook, eat, clean and workout! It would be nice to get a little flexibility about that workout time.

Hope all is warm and cozy in your world today
Old 01-06-2009, 07:52 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks!

Ruth and Cottage - **GASP** heh heh heh....that's the joy of SBD - you splurge occasionally, and get right back on. Is this when I admit I had a couple of days with SF ice cream, but with my homemade toasted pecan sauce?!?!

Cyndi - Wow. you're SO ambitious!!

Sunflower and me4 - have a great day!

Me - Hmmm....pretty boring day . Things are really slowing down and work, and I'm sure it won't pick up today because of the weather. Might give me a chance to run to the Y for a workout! It's so much more difficult getting those workouts in in the winter.

Just put a roast in the crockpot for carnitas...it smells heavenly!!
Old 01-06-2009, 08:10 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Cyndi, it's not that we'll get snowed it, we're supposed to get iced in. YUCK! But then it's supposed to warm up and melt away early tomorrow, so I hope that happens.
Old 01-06-2009, 08:15 AM   #8  
Come on Spring!

Carnitas! I just Googled them and am going to make them for supper. I ended up doing a small roast for dinner last night and it'll be a great way to use up leftovers.
Old 01-06-2009, 08:16 AM   #9  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Morning chicks. I quick hello for me this morning. Had a fundraising meeting last night that had my headspinning and is still spinning this morning. Atleast it did make me eat. Speaking of eating I must get my breakfast have not had it yet and it is 915. Hope you all have a great day. I will pop back in at nap time for the wee ones then I will have more time to chat.
Old 01-06-2009, 08:24 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

This is the recipe I'm using....it's delish!

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Ronaldo....aspx?prop31=1
Old 01-06-2009, 08:37 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Morning everyone! Wish I had time to sit and chat, but I've got some errands to run before work and the dishes still need to be done! I hope to be back to post personals after lunch, but we'll see what the workload is today.

Hope everyone stays warm and safe and has a wonderful day!

~Kim
Old 01-06-2009, 08:51 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 144.4/137/120

Height: 5

Well aren't we a chatty bunch this morning? We had a bit of ice this morning and all the schools are on a delay. The temp is right at freezing so its one of those mornings when you just aren't sure what you are driving on.

So over christmas we downloaded Tetris for the Wii, I'm not much of a gamer and when I do I prefer the "old school" type games. It has an option to play it with the wii fit. Last night I finally got around to trying it with that option, you move left and right to move the pieces, squat to turn them and lean forward or back to drop them. Well let me tell you for a silly little game my legs were burning! Not to mention watching DH do it made for a good belly laugh, so I guess I worked legs and abs lastnight! I am too easily amused.

Much to do at work today, no more holiday excuses!

Hope you all have a great and safe day!
Old 01-06-2009, 09:02 AM   #13  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Happy Tuesday!

Just a quick checkin to see how everyone is doing.

Hmac I read your post yesturday - we are in the process of adopting a baby girl that is 4 days old

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 01-06-2009, 09:10 AM   #14  
Come on Spring!

Four days old! Wow! We love new babies here in The Beach.
Let us know as soon as she arrives in your arms.
Old 01-06-2009, 09:22 AM   #15  
Heather-Nic

S/C/G: 293.5/248/220

Height: 5'7"

Good morning all!!! Happy Tuesday!

Cottage - A sleep over sounds like so much fun! If you have to stay at least you have some company to snuggle with.

me4life - Hope the drive to the Dr's isn't too bad. Good luck!

Ruth - I love our toaster oven, particularly in the summer when I don't want to heat up the whole house. I thoroughly endorse your purchase of one.

Phxsnflwr - Glad to hear things are back to normal. Hope you found something healthy to eat!

Cyndi - the WATP2 (walk & tone) is actually my favorite of her routines. Good length, accessible, and depending on the weights you use, it can be extremely effective. Good luck trying to get that started at work.

Twynnb - The carnitas recipe sounds really good. Thanks for sharing!

LC - Hope you had a good breakfast!

Kim - Here's to getting all your errands completed!! Hope its a good one!

Steph - I think that your Tetris game sounds like a great idea! And a lot of fun. Glad to hear it was a good workout!

Gonnabe - That's great news. I hope all works out.

Me - Yesterday I could not get warm....I know I'm a California wimp, but it was cold. Today's supposed to be more of the same. It makes me really wish that I had planned for soups this week instead of salads. Oh well what's a girl to do. Tonight the Biggest Loser starts up again. I'm hoping this group of people are much better than the last group. And I'm really hoping that the 19 year old boy does amazingly well. Other than that, it should be a quiet night.
Have a wonderful day, ladies! BLESSINGS!
Closed Thread