Old 01-05-2009, 08:00 AM   #1  

Height: 5' 10"

Default Weekly Chat - Jan 5 to Jan 11th 2:):)9

New pages

OK, my cute 2009 didn't work. Meant to have it look like

Last edited by blessedwithsarah; 01-05-2009 at 08:00 AM.
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 08:47 AM   #2  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Thanks Paula you tried your best.It probably does work on the header.

Looks like the ice and white stuff is melting,but before it really out of here where I can walk I'm going to use my Treadmill for the first time in ages. Leo got me a portable DVD player ,and now I will be able to look at a movies while walking on my treadmill.

I weighed-in this morning as its my official W-I day and I lost 1.5. to my surprise. I experimented by going int o a higher point range and if worked. I was afraid that I wasn't eating enough and just going up to 1500 calories per day I think did the trick.Will continue eating in that area & see what happens next week.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 11:38 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Hey chickies! It's been toooo long!!

Hope you all had a great Christmas and New Year. I was not able to achieve my goal of maintaining through the holiday, but I guess I could have done worse. I gained 3 pounds, but was able to continue some exercising during my break. We are back at school today. I have cooked for the week and have my freezer stocked, and I will meet my walking buddy at 6:30 in the morning. I now have seven pounds to go to meet my goal, so here I go!!!

Wish me luck!
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 12:11 PM   #4  

Maryann, congrats on the loss!! Are you going to continue at the higher range? If its working.......

Sloan, WELCOME BACK! I've missed you! Hope you had a wonderful Holiday season. 3 pd gain is not too bad, you'll have it off in no time.

Got to run, BBL
Old 01-05-2009, 06:58 PM   #5  
focused and aiming

Paula, thank you for giving us some new pages today. And 2009? The one in your post is adorable.

Maryann, congratulations on losing. Getting to eat more points? I like that.

Sloan, your gain was less than half the average. You did well.

We went to the fitness center today. I did 45 min Life is good.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 09:09 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Hi Everyone,

Paula Your 2009 is cute any way. Thanks for the new pages.

Maryann CONGRATS on the 1.5 lb loss. I think I found them + because today is my WI day too and I was up 2.5 lbs. I am re-evaluating what I'm doing and going to pick more SF foods especially fruits and veggies. I've been thinking about how I lost down to 174 lbs about 5 years ago and that is how I ate back then. Didn't eat many carbs etc back then either. So I think I have to make my Momentum more Simply Filling foods.

Sloan I am pretty new here myself by a month or so and look forward to getting to know you.

Sandra, Rhonda, Coco and others
pattygirl63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 12:34 AM   #7  
focused and aiming

Trish, that's not a big gain. You did well.
Old 01-06-2009, 08:27 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Rhonda
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 08:54 AM   #9  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Thanks Ladies for your congrats.I have no idea if it was the upping the points that caused the loss.But thinking back when I was going to the meetings my leader keeps on telling me to use only 20pts [1000c] and I either stalled or gained. Than when I moved myself to the core I was eating more and I was losing .2 or.5 slowly but I was losing. Now that I'm doing the Momentum or Flore at home and I'm adding more points I'm not as hungry as I was previously. Last week my average point range were 25-30pts[1250-1500c] This week I'm going to lower it a bit from 24-29[1200-1450c] and see if I get the same results.

SLOAN-I think it was had to maintain over the holidays I gained 2lbs but as soon as I was home and OP again I lost the 1.5 of the gain.So I have .5 to be back to where I started the holiday. You can do this also. There a lot of factors that might have caused the gain other than food. Hang in there you'll see a loss again.and you be down to your goal very shortly.

PAULA-Yes I will continue to see how far I can go,before a gain starts.I have to find my correct calorie intake in order to get this 1st & 2nd 10% off me.

SANDRA-I have to find out how to get this poundage off.My doctor told me at my age I should start losing,he recommended me to stay around 1200c but Its not working so I decided to add more pts and see .You're luck that your swim.I never got back in the water after a wild wave knocked me over as a child and I still afraid of the ocean or a pool.

TRISH-You'll lose it again.I believe that the grainy carbs are what did me in also. I filling up with veggies & fruits and I see the difference.Don't get me wrong I do eat grainy carbs but I watch the portions.1/2 c is not 3/4's or a cup its has to be measured.

Have a great morning

beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 11:12 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Ladies,

Sandra Thanks for the encouragement. I know 2.5 lbs isn't much and could be meds, salt I could have gotten etc. Just tired of losing the same lbs over and over. Time to keep going. I never learned to swim and never would get into a swim suit since I gained so much weight.

Maryann I agree with you about the carbs. I'm doing Momentum and mostly eating the good carbs, but I've always had to watch the amount. So while I'm eating them because I believe they are important, I'm still think I'm going to have to learn to limit them and measure them. Also, I have to be careful with the salt so I am trying to learn to use spices for flavor rather than salt.

Everybody have a good day.
pattygirl63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 07:06 PM   #11  
focused and aiming

Maryann, WW online recommends I eat 22 points a day. That's not much. Today I've had 26 and am satisfied. I don't like using the WPA's, but looks like that's what I'll be doing. Twenty-two seem to disappear quickly some days.

Trish, I hear you on losing the same pounds again and again. I've been doing the same. I find that I tend to get comfortable at a certain weight. (Wayyyyy over goal) and when I gain 5 or more pounds, I get "uncomfortalbe" till I re-lose them. Then I fall into the trap of "comfort." I need to lower my comfort zone.

We went to the club today and for 45 minutes then did the sauna for 5-10 minutes. I may do tonight while watching bl.

Rhonda, how's your day going? I got a brochure in the mail today with lots of flower goodies. I'm going to look it over in a few minutes and may order some more for the new beds.
Old 01-06-2009, 07:33 PM   #12  

Hi Everyone
BEACHBUM on the loss. That is awesome.
PATTYGIRL I have to be careful with the carbs. And I really have to watch the salt. I need to drink more water.
ONTARGET That is great you swam for 45 minutes. Bet it felt good.
Am thinking of everyone.
It is raining here. Was suppose to get some ice. But it didnt come. Thank goodness.
Well I maintained this week. So will take it. Figured I would be up. Eating the kruat and pork for new years. So will have to try and get more water in this week.
Well I better get off here for now.
Just checking in for a few.
Have a wonderful evening.
Oh is anyone attending the meetings. Have you got the week 5 book yet. It is about setpoint values for food. I am having a hard time understanding that one. Said you would use those like if you went out to eat. Or at a special occasion. Like wedding or a banquet. Will have to reread my book. And see if I can make sense of it. If not. Guess I will have to try and talk to my leader on Monday. We had several join last night. So didnt get a chance after class to talk to her.
coco

Last edited by coco99; 01-06-2009 at 07:38 PM.
coco99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 10:15 PM   #13  
focused and aiming

Coco, you're right--just keep chugging that water. I did enjoy . Tonight I did 20 min while watching Biggest Loser. That felt good, too.
Old 01-07-2009, 07:42 AM   #14  

Coco, I don't have the week 5 book yet. But my understanding of the set points is that if you can't weigh or measure, you use set points on filling foods. You still should eat a "portion". I've used it at home for lean meats. It basically estimates a higher point value for your item. For example, chicken breast is 1 point per ounce. If you use set points, its 5 points for your "serving"

HTH
Old 01-07-2009, 07:43 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Hi All:

I'm just checking in quickly. The first few days back at work have been full of things I don't like. I'm having to deal with people behaving badly, and I don't like being a disciplinarian. Lots of good things also, but I've been really swamped.

But, I have gone to the gym twice: Sunday afternoon and last night. I've been on the and both times. Not for long, but at least 20 minutes each. I hope I keep this up. The class there is getting way too crowded for me, and that is a disappointment.

My eating has been mostly OK. I did have two pieces of the world's best bruschetta last night, despite my "no bread" vow. Oh well!

Our weather continues to be crazy. It is snowing, sleeting and raining all at once it seems.

Got to run now...

Rhonda
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote