Old 01-04-2009, 08:51 PM   #1  

Default Lost

How many of you have just felt lost. My grand plan was to buy some Alli and begin using it. After purchasing it a few days ago, I started making note of how I eat. I really don't eat a high fat diet. My problem is late night snacking and love of candy. I'm going to return the Alli. Is it feasible to start with not eating after 8pm? My daughter bought me some exercise video's for Xmas (I asked for them). I plan on trying them and going to the gym in my complex to walk for 30 minutes 5xweek if not daily. Diet, I'm kind of lost but my plan is to purchase some slimfast to keep in the fridge, lots of fruits and veggies as well as baked chicken or fish, no late not eating and kick the candy.

It's not fair to blame weight gain on anyone however. This time last year, I was already eating on the same plan listed above and walking (inside/outside the house) then I got serious with a man (moved in together). (Did I mention I had lost 20lbs when I met him.) I was excited about my weight loss and shared my difficulties with him and as the relationship progressed asked him to support me in my efforts. What I received from him were late night homecooked meals of pasta with heavy cream sauce, cheeses and anything fattening. I could always have said no but "I kid you not" it was every night. He actually discouraged me from my morning walks at the track. I won't get into the many methods of discouragement. I recently ended that relationship and I'm living on my own again, thank goodness. That was the first time I have ever lived with a man except for my ex-husband.

Anyway, as I'm typing this post/vent - I realize that I do know how to lose weight. I've also learned that a persons mate should support them in more than just words and I have to love myself enough to stand for what I need. Continuing the love affair with fat only endangers me.

Thanks for letting me vent.

Last edited by nicky_r; 01-04-2009 at 08:53 PM. Reason: typo
nicky_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 08:54 PM   #2  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

wanted to mention you sound like you are on the right track with what you need in a significant other..if you are going to make YOURSELF a priority, then just do it..don't let anyone or anything get in your way...

for me, I have had to get rid of the excuses...it's not my hubbies fault that he can eat and not gain weight..it isn't my children's fault since they always have snacks around...it's my weight, my journey and ultimately MY choice

most of weightloss will happen on your plate...it takes one mile of running to burn 100 calories (one apple) ....you food choices sound on track...whole foods and high quality protein

Last edited by Thighs Be Gone; 01-04-2009 at 09:01 PM.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 09:14 PM   #3  

Default Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thighs Be Gone View Post
wanted to mention you sound like you are on the right track with what you need in a significant other..if you are going to make YOURSELF a priority, then just do it..don't let anyone or anything get in your way...

for me, I have had to get rid of the excuses...it's not my hubbies fault that he can eat and not gain weight..it isn't my children's fault since they always have snacks around...it's my weight, my journey and ultimately MY choice

most of weightloss will happen on your plate...it takes one mile of running to burn 100 calories (one apple) ....you food choices sound on track...whole foods and high quality protein
Thanks. The post was just me venting, I wasn't trying to say my weight gain was his fault (and by the way he was 5'4 and well over 240). I realize that my weight cycle is on me and it is all about making the choices that affect you inside and out.
nicky_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 09:56 PM   #4  
Ready to hit the beach!

Height: 5' 8"

You don't sound lost to me! I mean that in a nice way. You have a plan, you have identified what you need to change, you have a positive outlook on being successful. You can do this and we are here to help in anyway we can!
Good luck and hope to hear of your successes soon!

C
Onmyway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 01:09 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 249/215/165

Height: 5/5

Nicky hold your head up high and pat yourself on the back for realizing that you should come first. As for men they think that everyone can eat like they do. As if we could LOL!
gigglez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 07:06 AM   #6  
Begin againer

S/C/G: 235.6/221.6/185

Height: 5'7"

This seems like a good place to find our way out (of bad habits/choices) together! I too (re)found 3FC while looking for a "easy" solution. All we need is within us. All we have to do is get it out. Be it poor support, junk food, or negative emotions. I believe we'll do great with a little help from our friends.
forme01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 08:33 AM   #7  
Eternal Optimist

S/C/G: 172/166/Fit & Healthy

Height: 5'7"

Nicky, you have a great attitude and sound ready to start getting healthy again. You go, girl!

One thing I've realized is that, when I'm watching my diet, hubby loses his eating buddy. Eating is such a social thing, I think our lifestyle changes can be lonely for our partners. Especially if they like it as much as we do/did!
Pinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 10:31 PM   #8  
Jamaica Bound

S/C/G: 213/173/150(170 by 6/18/09)

Height: 5'5"

Default Sounds Like Your Heads On Straight Now

Sounds like you have it figured out. You were detoured for a bit, but you can straighten you life back up. And 20 pounds is a fantastic loss, you can do it again. Hang in here with all the wonderful people and you will get the support to get back to the weight you are comfortable with! Hugs hun!
Shannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 11:10 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 258/ticker/135

Height: 5'3

Don't be lost with dieting. Try thedailyplate.com (it's free!) and helped me loose almost 80 pounds.
Melody2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 05:21 PM   #10  
Jamaica Bound

S/C/G: 213/173/150(170 by 6/18/09)

Height: 5'5"

Smile Fasting

The first time I heard the doctor call it fasting I was surprised. But he said that you need to fast 3 hours before you go to bed. Just meaning that if you go to bed at 10 at night then don't eat anything after 7 that evening. I also learned that you can't consider laying in bed watching tv as not going to sleep yet. Apparently your supposed to be up and moving around in your typical evening manner. It has helped me a lot by knowing this. Good luck hun!
Shannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 12:17 AM   #11  

Good for you for taking matters back into your hands. I also don't think you sound lost you know exactly what you need to do and how to succeed 20lbs is an awesome accomplishment.
Bigmid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 06:51 AM   #12  

I don't think you sound lost either! Small changes in make all the difference. Healthy choices over high fat no nutrition choices. Add another vegetable to a meal - eat a piece of fruit for a snack - walk walk walk. You can do it! We all tend to put our needs last on our list - but over the past year I have managed to turn to both my husband and my kids and actually use the word "NO". They were very surprised at first but now take it all in stride!
cybersis is offline   Reply With Quote