Old 01-04-2009, 12:51 PM   #1  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Default At Home Support Jan 4-10 Kicking off the new year

Well chickies I look at this as my first official week of the new year. I have set my goal for the month (which by the way is not as lofty as my year end goal I did not make) I want to be at 150 by Jan 31. It seems so simple yet I have yet to lose more than 3 pounds in one month. so this is a biggie for me this would be 5.5 pounds in a month.

My wi was this morning and I was so suprised to have lost 1lb...not sure how that happened since I did not work out and drank much to much wine.

I feel so energized and so ready to move forward. Do any of you feel that way? Or is this just the first of the year bubble that we experience with a new years resolution?

Please let me know what your new years goals are and you monthly goal it will be fun to compare them and track
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 01:26 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 354/252/180

Height: 5'5

Well, I am excited about beginning again. I am coming off maintainace knowing that I can actually control being a lower weight! That really excites me and motivates me to lose more.

I would like to lose another 50 pounds this year. Last year, I lost 50 lb in 6 months, but I know some was water - I think now that I'm hitting the fat, it will be a bit slower - so, I hope to be 225 by Jan 1st. In order to do this, I need to lose about 4-5 lbs per month. I'm ready to get started losing again!

Anyone trying any new recipes this week? Hope everyone has an OP day!
texscrapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 02:26 PM   #3  

Oh - I also forgot to add this in!

Since we have a few new to WW @ Home it may be helpful for us to post our regular grocery list items. I know there are several "great finds" that I have come across thanks to other posting them. Here's what I always buy - I'll try to put pt values for processed stuff if I remember them off hand!

Mushrooms - 0
Cucumbers -0
Lettuce - Iceburg, Bibb, green leaf, and romaine- 0
Carrots - 0
Tomatoes - roma and cherry - 0 to 1 depending on amount
Green Beans - in season - 0
Snow Peas - 0
Potato - 2
Strawberries
Watermelon
Bananas
Grapes - red and white seedless
Apples - red and granny smith
Oranges
Green Beans
Broccoli
Corn
Pickles (0)
Refried Beans (1)
Black Benas (1)
Pinto Beans(1)
Black Eyed Peas (1)
Egg Beaters (1)
Regular Cheese - mozerella and cheddar
Laughing Cow Wedges (1)
Babybel Cheese (1)
WW or Frigo Light String Cheese (1)
Yoplait Light Yogurt (2)
Breakstone 2% Cottage Cheese
Daisy Low Fat Sour Cream (1)
1% Milk (2)
Fiber One Oat and Chocolate Bars (2)
Quaker 90 cal granola bars (2)
Fiber One Original Cereal (0) - I grind and use to faux fry foods
Raisin Bran
Grits (3)
We raise cattle, so I don't buy beef, but we do eat it!
Boneless Skinless chicken breast
Shrimp
Deli ham and turkey - I found one that is 1 pt for 2 oz so ask for nutritional values!
Pork Loin
Chicken Broth
Progresso Zero Point Soups
Pureed Pumpkin
Hunts Spaghetti Sauce (1)
Quaker Mini Rice cakes
Jello or Hunts Sugar Free Pudding (1)
Pretzles
Popcorn Kernals
Mission Carb Balance Tortillas (1)
Natures Own Double Fiber Bread (1 pt for 2 pcs or 0 pts for 1 pc)
Wish Bone Salad Spritzers (0)
Soy Sauce
Terriyaki Sauce
Parkay Butter Spray
Choice Ramen Noodles (5)
Ronzoni Pasta

That's all I can think of for now!
Old 01-04-2009, 03:38 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 240/171.8/150

Height: 5'10"

Thanks for the grocery ideas! I think I've done pretty well but my challenge is going to be that my thin husband refuses to be supportive and wants the same unhealthy dinners as always. I've been working with portion control and keeping grilled chicken on hand for nights when he and my son are having fattier meats. Like tonight they are having Jambalaya with sausage and I will have leftover veggies, rice, and grilled chicken. As of this morning I had lost 3 lbs but today I did eat lunch at McDonalds (hopefully I will walk another hour tonight to bring todays total to 1 and a half hours and that will offset it) so who knows what the final number will be tomorrow morning which is my official weigh in.
Michelle
chelley123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 07:08 PM   #5  
Work in Progress

WOW big list texs!

I also add TVP 1/2 Cup cooked 1pt (use it instead of ground beef they will never know)
Quiona 1Cup cooked 4pts
Couscous 1 Cup cooked 3pts

These are great low point foods that taste good and I found my DH and Kids like it just as well as there counter parts ...white rice, ground beef etc.
Old 01-04-2009, 08:57 PM   #6  

Height: 5'7"

Hey all! Doing well, still on-plan. I'm starting to get over this horrible cold.

I'm actually looking forward to getting back to work tomorrow & getting out of the house!! I am so bored being home sick!

So I've been reading the other message boards & there seems to be lots of confusion about the new Set Points on the Momentum Plan. How are you guys using this feature?

I'm using it whenever, like tonite I made speghetti w/ whole wheat pasta & 93% Ground Beef. Counted 5 points for the beef & 6 for the pasta 'cuz I didn't feel like weighing & measuring. Fixed myself a plate & called it good.

Also had fruit salad today which I just counted as 2 as it was made up of a bunch of different fruits that all had 2 set point values.

I like this new freedom, but the other posts are making me think I'm not using this feature correctly. Thoughts?
ChefsGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 10:10 PM   #7  
Work in Progress

Jill I have been reading the posts too and to be honest I am confused to say the least. I know what the core list is since I have the complete food companion book. But I don't understand the 'set points' and how that works

Maybe someone out here can spell it out in crayon for people like me. I need it to look like ok chickie here it is 1. you do this, 2. you do this and so on LOL
Old 01-04-2009, 11:43 PM   #8  

Jill- I thought that that was the way it worked to (ho you said) but some folks are saying thats wrong. i think I will continue to use the set points how I am now. especially since I don't do it often.
Michelle
Old 01-05-2009, 07:14 AM   #9  
I just wanna be me :-)

S/C/G: 265/224.6/141

Hi all.............I am ready to recommitt and join you guys in doing weight watchers at home...........I am really excited and ready to work hard.......i started off a few years ago with a great loss about 60lbs.........and now I have gone up some again and refuse to gain more.........so help me kick my butt and go in the right direction.......I also signed up for the discovery health body challenge........but not following their menu......so that meant setting an 8 week goal...........I set mine for a 20lb loss............lofty....but hopefully doable...........Mare
exercisebimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 07:38 AM   #10  

Well, I am glad to be back to our regular routine today. DH went of to work this morning, and I am drinking my tea, chatting to you guys, and then I'm hitting the exercising. Today is my strength training day - It seems so easy at first, but then those muscles begin to let me know they are being used!

I work today, soI'm packing a portable lunch - but the upside of that is the kiddos all go back to school! The big boy starts back today and the twins start 3 days a week again. Man, I love my ids, but I am SO ready for school to start!

JR - I can't help with the new plan stuff - I tried looking at it and it confuses me too much, so I'm sticking with what has been working for me. I am continuing to eat my points and follow the healthy guidelines - I am making sure to get in the right number of fruits/veggies, milk/dairy, and healthy oil each day.

Nancy - You'll have to excuse my food ignorance, but are cuscous and quinoa whle grains? We just used up the last of the white rice and if I could find something better to replace it with I'd be happy! The boys don't care from brown rice, so one of these may be a better option for us.

chelley - When I started WW, my hubby wasn't interested. I have never been one to cook more than ne meals, so since I am the "cook" around here, I made what I would eat for dinner - everyone else ate it as well OR they could have PB&J if they didn't like it. The result was that my family began eating healthier and DH dropped a few pounds. I would just cook what is on your plan and tell the crew that this is what is for dinner!

exercise - We're glad to have you here! WTG on setting a beginning goal - you can do it!

Well - I hope you all have a great OP day, drink lots of water, and move your bodies!
Old 01-05-2009, 07:54 AM   #11  
I just wanna be me :-)

S/C/G: 265/224.6/141

Hi Tex.......Thanks for the welcome!!! I am ready to get started back into the routine of life too!! My kids have a delayed start today due to icy roads......so we packing lunches and getting ready to be out the door now.......I will post some of my day later.........Mare

Last edited by exercisebimbo; 01-05-2009 at 07:54 AM.
exercisebimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 09:15 AM   #12  

good morning

nancylmm- i would say 8 lbs but in reality i'll settle for a good 4 lb loss by jan 31st. i think we havve have that beginning of the year energy. i just need to work on keeping it.
i plan to walk this morning. the weather is ok and i'm hoping to do about 50 min.
and gl with that loss!

texas.. your stats look good. good work!

michelle- good morning!

jill- i haven't been on the other site in a while. i need to goo see what the new dea is a about.

exercise..- hi & welcome!
bluemommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 09:35 AM   #13  

WHOO-HOO!!! I lost 3.4 pounds this week!!!!!
Michelle
Old 01-05-2009, 11:39 AM   #14  
Work in Progress

First let me say welcome to exercise we always like to see new faces

chelly--omg 3.4 lbs! that is terriffic! I would fall over and faint if I lost that in a week

texs you attitude about meals is right on for the family and couscous and quiona are both grains/rice. They taste best if cooked with chicken or veggie broth. Then add some veggies like carrots, onion, greenbreans...you know the stir fry stuff for something different...I even put the quiona in my egg beaters for a little protien

blue we will make our goal and do the dance!

I am at work right now too, packed in my breakfast burrittos and soup for lunch. And if I can just get my head wraped around the thought of going home ot exercise tonight I will be happy LOL it is so hard to get back in a routine when you skip for two weeks.

will check in with you all later
Old 01-05-2009, 01:20 PM   #15  

Height: 5'7"

Welcome Mare!

Speaking of healthy oils….what do you guys could as a healthy oils besides the cooking oils? Do olives, salad dressings, nuts etc. count? I’m thinking more along the line of healthy fats.

Am back at work today. I’m still pretty sick, but it’s good to be out of the house. I feel almost like a person again. Man, this sinus infection has really knocked me down!

Michelle that is an awesome loss! Good for you!!

Last edited by ChefsGirl; 01-05-2009 at 01:21 PM.
ChefsGirl is offline   Reply With Quote