Old 01-03-2009, 09:06 PM   #1  
It'll all be worth it...

S/C/G: 245/Ticker/120

Height: 5'4

Default OT: online dating

what do you guys think of it? Does it ever really work?

I've had my profile on a site for ages and it scares me a little tbh. But there's this guy I've been pming and he seems lovely, all the guys have been weird before this...even got one saying "hey, have you got big t*ts?" charming But this guys seems really sweet. But I'm not investing in it in anyway because I just don't knw what to think about online dating...
Maddie89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 09:09 PM   #2  
Are we there yet????

S/C/G: 227/*ticker*/175

Height: 5'10"

I met my husband on the internet, granted, it wasn't a dating site.
leighish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 09:10 PM   #3  
WorkingOut!

S/C/G: 217/180/145

Height: 5'5"

I have not had good luck with it so far... everyone complements me on my bosoms.. and/or my butt!

There have been some ok guys, but for me myself, seems like they just want to get some action... (at least the ones I have talked to)
diary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 09:11 PM   #4  
Ruth

S/C/G: 98.0/95.5/69.0

Height: 173cm

I'm a big fan! Check out this link to find out why.

For those worried about clicking on random links from strangers, it goes to my wedding photos. Yep, I'm one of the success stories. I met the man of my dreams through a dating website - ok, I may have had to sift through some coal to get my diamond, but it happened. And our paths would never have crossed if not for the website.

Be careful, don't give out personal details too early, meet in public places, have a backup get-out plan (like a GF texting or calling you) in case it all goes pear-shaped, and always let someone know where you are.

But other than that, get out there and have some fun!
Primm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 09:13 PM   #5  
Are we there yet????

S/C/G: 227/*ticker*/175

Height: 5'10"

Holy crap those are some amazing photos. You look beautiful!!!
leighish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 09:16 PM   #6  
WorkingOut!

S/C/G: 217/180/145

Those are some beautiful pics Primm...
diary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 09:16 PM   #7  
It'll all be worth it...

S/C/G: 245/Ticker/120

Height: 5'4

ruth- that is super sweet you guys look so in love and the photos are beautiful.

idk what it is, I think I tend to question everyones motives for being on the site. This guys just says he's shy and has trouble talking to girls...

my reasons for being on the site...I'm overweight and cant seem to get past that with a stranger. But I think if I got to know the person it would be easier....
Maddie89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 09:17 PM   #8  
last time

S/C/G: 228/see ticker/168

Height: 5'8"

i met a guy on the internet and we havent met in person yet. i am kind of uneasy about seeing him in person. not because of him but for a number of reasons...am i too fat, does he think i'm weird, do i think he is weird, will i be all super nervous etc.

i used to feel like only weird ppl meet ppl online. i dont feel like that anymore so no offense to those who have dated/met their spouses online.

i just think that there used to be a stigma attached to it and its in the back of my mind. but i think this guy is pretty cool so i am taking the plunge.

good luck with it!
bjeweled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 09:21 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 218/TICKER/158

I meet my Ex on myspace. I'm no against online dating, i'm against him and that alone did put a sour taste in my mouth about online dating i just say be careful ya know?
breathingfumes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 09:29 PM   #10  
Ruth

S/C/G: 98.0/95.5/69.0

Height: 173cm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjeweled View Post
i used to feel like only weird ppl meet ppl online. i dont feel like that anymore so no offense to those who have dated/met their spouses online.

i just think that there used to be a stigma attached to it and its in the back of my mind.
Funny you should mention that, my mother to this day (we've been together 5 years) still doesn't know how I met my hubby! I don't have a problem telling anyone else, just that she seems to have this hangup about it. Probably because my cousins wife met someone in the US online, and ended up divorcing him and taking half the family farm. Maybe she has a point!
Primm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 09:31 PM   #11  
Ready to start my life

S/C/G: 320/320/155

Height: 5'7"

Hey all,

I met my boyfriend on the internet playing Pogo games actually......three and a half years ago. Now we're engaged and he's the absolute man of my dreams!!! To the sceptics out there.....think about this. Who says the guy in the bar is any better?? I think the most important things in a relationship are honestly and communication; we have both. I wouldn't trade it for anyone I met in person before I met him that's for sure!! He's also very consistant and I think that proves he's really in it for the right reasons. He's called me everyday without fail for the past 3yrs. With that kind of commitment who wouldn't marry him? Hands off ladies he's mine...lol

I think when you are online or on the phone working on a long distance relationship it forces you both to communicate on a deeper level. I know it did for us. We've had our arguements in 3+ yrs. but who doesn't in a relationship and now he's moving to Canada from the US and we're both looking forward to spending the rest of our lives together. Funny how things happen but I think God plays a role in my life whether I meet people online, on the phone, at work, or anywhere else. I use my common sense like others have said like going slowly, meet in person...in a public place, and make sure you both visit the other where they live. You can learn a lot about a person when you visit them on their own turf. At least I think so.

Good luck to all those out there looking for Mr. Right...or Miss Right...lol :P

Katie

PS He's also the first guy who has NEVER EVER had any issues with my weight and tells me I'm beautiful and sexy everyday. His unconditional love shows that you never know where you will find the man/woman of your dreams!! Imagine his shock next time he sees me when I've lost weight....though he says he couldn't love me any more than he already does.
*wink* We'll see....lol
Butterflyinthemaking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 09:49 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 178/131.6/108

Height: 5'

well, i dont know about online dating..it makes it VERY easy to hide things about yourself that should not be hid to be in a good relationship. I was in an online/long distance with my ex for years, and thought i really knew him, but getting married he was a different person, and well.. people say if you love someone they are automatically attractive to you, well thats not true, and let me tell you attraction is very important in a realtionship.. and m ex-- well wasnt attractive to me and we turned out to have 0 chemistry. Anyways we have been divorced for 2 years now, and i have sense been engaged to an amazing guy, that is perfect for me in every ay.. and we met the good old fashion way. And my ex-- well... he moved away... he sent me an email the other day thought to let me know that the reason our marraige fails is because he is transgender, and wants to be a woman. So BEware! lol
aware210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 10:00 PM   #13  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

I met my husband through a personal ad that I placed in a local newspaper in the town I was living, it was also connected to a website. So my husband says we met online, and I say we met through a newspaper personal ad (so I guess we're both right), although his first contact with me was a phone message to the private voicemailbox provided by the newspaper). It took me about 6 weeks or more to respond to his message, because I'd had one bad dating experience from the ad, and a bunch of replies that were just too weird to even respond to.

The best advice I can give (no matter how you meet men) is to have high standards and remember them. Write them down if you have to. The one compromise I made for my husband, was that I had no intention of ever dating a smoker, because I'm deathly allergic to cigarette smoke. My husband gave up smoking for me, and has had various short lapses through our marriage, but as we agreed, he never smokes in the house, in the car, or anywhere near me - and if he does have a cigarette or a cigar he showers as soon as he gets in the house, brushes his teeth, and his clothes go immediately into the hamper.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 10:03 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

i placed an add on yahoo personals...and met my hubby there. What i will tell you is this..i never did a long distance thing...couldn't deal with distance since my life was too busy. I first started communicating with my hubby via email, then we talked on the phone for a while, and the we met somewhere neutral for a few times. You just have to listen to everything that is said (including in emails). I was able to weed out some weirdos just from email alone. But honestly, i've had good luck internet dating. I work long hard hrs and didn't have a lot of time to go to places and meet people. I was always up front...never posted photshoped photos and always tried to get to know the person pretty well before i got too involved. Hope this helps.
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 12:39 AM   #15  

I never had any luck with it.
lalique is offline   Reply With Quote