Old 01-02-2009, 10:37 PM   #1  
In the Home Stretch!

S/C/G: See Tracker

Height: 5'6"

Default Mini Meltdown...I WANT TO STUFF MY FACE!!!

I just need to rant and get this off my chest. I ate 600 extra calories of crap today and I'm beating myself up for it. I know it's not that much but I want to eat more food, I'm starving (not really but it feels like it). I truly feel like gorging myself on everything in the house. I'm going to bed after this post so I don't try to eat more stuff. GOOD GOD some days it is so hard doing this.

I've been off from work since the 23rd and I go back on Monday, call me crazy but I can't wait to go back to work. I miss my routine. I've been slacking, haven't gone to the gym in 6 days (the longest since I started going), I drank alcohol 3 days in a row (29th - 31st), I haven't been drinking enough water. Why do I feel the need to watch the Food Network channel all day and make myself crazy???

I need to get my sh*t together! Get back to normal tomorrow and go to the gym first thing in the morning. I think if I get out of the house tomorrow and keep busy it will be better. I've been doing pretty good for the most part 40 lbs lost, down to 199 on the 30th (up to 203 today). I sometimes feel like if I eat a little more I'm going to re-gain the 40 lbs overnight, ridiculous I know.

Sorry that was kinda all over the place. I'm just frustrated. Arrrrh this is hard!
daniela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 10:42 PM   #2  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

Dniela,

I am sorry that you are having a bad day. You are handling it right, posting and going to bed. I had a night like that a couple of nights ago. Posting helped and the next day my cravings were much better. Hang in there and the craving will pass.

It is hard but YOU CAN do this!
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 10:52 PM   #3  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Yes, it is hard. But, you are so very worth it. I hope you wake up tomorrow with renewed determination and zeal for this battle.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 10:54 PM   #4  
More than halfway to 100!

S/C/G: 273/see ticker/150

Height: 5'6

Daniela! I am sorry you are having a mini-meltdown. I agree 100% with you about wanting to get back into the routine of work. I feel the same way. I am not looking forward to the early wakeups, but I want to get back to "normal." I stay OP better when I have more going on!

Shake off today and decide what you're going to do tomorrow. Did you eat things you've been depriving yourself of? Any pattern to the choices? If there's something you can take from it, do so. If it was just a mini-meltdown, move on, lady! You did not gain 4 pounds-- it'll be gone in 48 hours, I bet!
You will be back to Onederland in no time; in fact; you'll probably beat me again! Stay on the boards! We are here for you!
IrishRose25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 01:01 AM   #5  
yes girl

S/C/G: 201.4/179.8/130

Height: 5'0"

i know what you mean. i am so ready to get back to school; this vacation has been nice but has thrown my routine with my daughter off a bit. well, hope you are able to get back on track tomorrow. it's behind you now. i cant wait till i lose 40lbs!
onestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 01:09 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

Height: 5'4"

Heh. I sympathise. I wrote something similar on my blog a few days ago. I'm done with the holidays. I'm over it. I feel icky from so much bad food and I know I'm not drinking enough water to offset all the salt I'm taking in.

I just feel ... bleah.

I'm ready to get back into my routine and back to "normal" life.

PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 01:31 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 272/ticker/145

Height: 5'9

Oh Daniela, I totally feel your pain, lol. My house is still full of holiday goodies..cookies, brownies, Chex mix...and today I woke up to the smell of coffee cake. It's torture, and last night I snapped and stuffed my face with Chex mix and cookies and immediately regretted it afterwards. This morning I was up, .8lbs. Not much, but I could feel my control slipping and it made me panicky. I had to sit down and remind myself that I have control over what goes in my mouth and that a few baked goods are not going to ruin all my hard work.

I ate clean all day today and I feel much better and more in control. I'm sure once you get back on your routine, you'll feel better too! Good luck!
foxxy511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 01:52 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 305/172.6/135

Height: 5foot 4 inches

I think we've all had days like these (at least those of us who are human
it's wierd how somedays seems so hard, and other days so easy. good for you for stoping yourself. and posting! You'll be ok.
HVEECK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 11:30 AM   #9  
In the Home Stretch!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

I'm feeling better this morning. I'm gonna get out of the house soon, I have to run some errands, and then my husband said he'd go to the gym with me this afternoon.

IrishRose - It was carbs...I used to eat bread like crazy for snacks. There was nothing better then half a loaf of french bread with cheeses or a giant glass of milk. I was snacking on bread, breadsticks, and croutons (I know strange) last night. I haven't cut out bread but I'm not eating the amounts I used to.

It certainly is strange how some days are so much harder then others. Thanks for letting me know I'm not alone Today's got to get better!

Last edited by daniela; 01-03-2009 at 11:31 AM.
Old 01-03-2009, 03:24 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/168

Hi Daniela,
Glad you're feeling better today.
I think it's great if you can hold out and not overeat when you have a day like that; however, sometimes I just really crave the feeling of being completely full and having eaten a large volume of food. When that happens, I cook up a pot of something healthy and very low calorie with a lot of bulk: a pan of fresh beets, steamed squash with spaghetti sauce on it, cabbage, carrots, anything... and I eat it until I am stuffed. Also this works for a big pot of veggie soup or a big salad. You can eat a ton of veggies, feel stuffed and not do much caloric damage.

Oatmeal is filling, too, but more calorie dense. Anyway if you can find something you can eat in high volume like sliced cucumbers in vinegar, then you can get that feeling out of the way. HTH
Lyn2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 03:38 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 250/210/150

Height: 5'7''

Daniela
glad to hear you feel better today

michellenew
michellenew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 05:04 PM   #12  
In the Home Stretch!

Thanks again ladies! Love the support here. I can't wait to go back to work tomorrow and get back to my routine (I must be sick in the head for saying that LOL).
Old 01-04-2009, 05:10 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 254/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Daniela,

Stick with it...routine starts again tomorrow. Pick up and move on. You can do it...you know that.
Pandora123a is offline   Reply With Quote