Old 01-02-2009, 04:26 AM   #1  
You need me!

Height: 5'7"

Default mean bff

Ok, this is going to be slightly OT, but I feel like I need to rant to SOMEONE.

Well I live with my best friend and her family for other issues. my bff is skinny and she loves to point it out to me and her younger sister who is very overweight. (I finally got her to join my gym!) and its never bothered me before because I know Im prettier then my best friend.

Well lately my bff is getting a lot more cattier then normal. Like I always tell ehr not to sugar coat things for me, because that gets us nowhere. so we were at the mall the other day and we were talking about it, and she was like, yes Lindsay your fat, so what?" which I know this already, but the way she said it made me want to slap her.

So we went to the mall (again) to shop and she said to get these jeans in a 12 because they ran bigger there and after she convinced me to get them I went and tried them on after I had already bought them and they were WAY too tight. and she said smugly, "don't fit do they?"

And she is always making her sister go to the stores that don't carry her size and makes her watch as she tries on the clothes and flaunts her flat stomach. and Im ok with my size but her sister isn't, and even though my bff knows this makes her sister feel bad she does it anyways. and every time her sister buys a shirt, she says let me try it on, knowing it'll be way too big, or when we were doing our BMI she made use do hers as well and flaunted how she was average size. The worst was when we were at the gym she keep making sure her tredmill was set higher then ours and when her sister was panting she said "come on beth, look how fast Im going!" and would laugh or when we weighed her sister she made use weigh her then said "wow I somehow manged to do nothing and lose weight.."
then when she tried on her jeans she was like "these are a 6 and look how big they are on me!" She makes her sister feel bad all the time. she once told her "I wish i was like Beth because then I would know guys wouldn't date me just for my looks"

The worst was when we were int he bathroom and I said something to her and she turned around and said "well at least Im thinner" and I was So disgusted i said to her "So im still prettier." Or how she says to me all the time you look fat but still hot.

It doesn't help that my bff boy friend told her that if she ever gained as much weight as her mom then he would leave her, and that she has admitted to me she wont eat....

Im just getting SO fed up with it, and when you say something to her, she plays innocent and says she doesn't know she's doing it.....

I feel Im going to end up hurting her this year.....
LindsayL0ve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 04:56 AM   #2  
Wanting 2 b Smokin Hot!

S/C/G: 396/350/199

Height: 5'2''

if she was ur bff n u told her that this bothers u, she should stop. if she doesnt i think u should find a new bff. i dont think u should stoop to her level n make the caddy remarks. but if still want her to be ur bff tell it it bothers u or have her sister and u confront her about it ( in a nice way ) lol
CurvaceousCutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 05:14 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/130

Height: 5'1"

Wow...just wow. Sorry I really don't think you need that. I would not be able to stand that. Especially to her younger sister! I mean oh my god! Sorry she doesn't sound like a bff she sounds like some woman that keeps you around to make her feel better about herself by feeding off the negativity she forces on you. Her boyfriend sounds like a complete jerk too.
JRockSoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 05:19 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 300/ticker/ONEDERLAND!

Height: 5'9

She is insecure and has a horrible boyfriend. I can't believe he would say something like that!

IF anything I would let her attitude contribute majorly to my motivation to lose weight! Lol.

I would probably hang out with her sister more often, she seems more deserving of your company.
heather88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 05:24 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/130

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by heather88 View Post
I would probably hang out with her sister more often, she seems more deserving of your company.
I sooooo agree
JRockSoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 05:48 AM   #6  
Mentally ready

S/C/G: 314/266/165

Height: 5'8

Are you staying friends with her because you live with her? Because I know I would never be friends with somebody who treated people like that.

Last edited by Beautiful Ace; 01-02-2009 at 05:48 AM.
Beautiful Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 06:02 AM   #7  
Motivated for 2009

S/C/G: 240/200/125

Height: 5'5"

Wow I can't believe she treats people like that. It sounds like she has some major insecurity issues.
2ndChance09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 06:49 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 165/145/120

I know how you feel. My boyfriend kind of does the same thing. He thinks if he can loose 10 pounds in one month *granted he's japanese and already skinny* that anyone should be able to and it's that easy. It really sucks and makes us feel worse about ourselves. I agree, you should be upset. Maybe you should say something to her?

We are here for you though!!!!! <3
Gigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 06:51 AM   #9  
Mentally ready

Also I would just like to add on... Give her sister some positive reinforcement, one on one... She may desperately be needing it.
Old 01-02-2009, 08:18 AM   #10  
Booty-Tron

S/C/G: 165/131/130

Height: 5'4"

wow she sounds like a biznatch. you don't need that negative energy around you. drop that like it's hot.
painted lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 08:22 AM   #11  
Mentally ready

Painted lady, you sure have a way of saying things. ahaha Made me laugh.
Old 01-02-2009, 08:54 AM   #12  
bow chicka wow wow

S/C/G: 240/183/135-140

Dude, what a biotch! I'd be like, "You need to sit down and shut up. You think you're something special just because you're not overweight? Well, you're not. The fact that you have to be a c*** to us just proves that you've got bigger (no pun indended ) problems than we do. You need to stop being such a jerk because karma is a biiiiitch and you WILL get yours."

And another thing, have you talked to other members in her family? If chewing her out doesn't work then talk to her mom.
deathnotronic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 09:06 AM   #13  
Loving life!!

S/C/G: 360/159/145

Height: 5' 8"

If she is your BFF then she needs to support and actually be a friend. She needs to learn that taking her insecurities out on you and her sister is going to make Karma come back at her so hard that she'll be knocked flat on her back.

The only way she might learn that is if your don't sugar coat things with her either....stand up for yourself. You don't have to be mean about it...just let her know where the boundaries are.

Last edited by TJFitnessDiva; 01-02-2009 at 09:06 AM.
TJFitnessDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 09:10 AM   #14  
bow chicka wow wow

S/C/G: 240/183/135-140

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomanceDiva View Post
If she is your BFF then she needs to support and actually be a friend. She needs to learn that taking her insecurities out on you and her sister is going to make Karma come back at her so hard that she'll be knocked flat on her back.

The only way she might learn that is if your don't sugar coat things with her either....stand up for yourself. You don't have to be mean about it...just let her know where the boundaries are.
Karma or THE BACK OF MY HAND! Ohhhh snap!
deathnotronic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 09:51 AM   #15  
Feelin' Sassafrassy

S/C/G: 317/271/165

Height: 6'0''

My dear I don't believe this girl that your living with is your BFF, she is using you and her sister sadly to make her feel good about herself and that is not BFF material. She is a user and you need to drop her like a hot tater cake on Sunday. I don't know the circumstances of you living at her house, however, is there anyone else you can stay with? This girl is toxic to her sisters and your self esteem and worth if you let it be. I don't believe in sugar coating things either but this chick needs a taste of her own medicine. Tell her parents the way she is treating you and your sister and also try to deal with it just between you 3, and hold on to her sister because I am sure she feels like the only life boat on a ship with a hole in it. She deserves your company more than your "bff" does.
Bee20nine is offline   Reply With Quote