Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2002, 08:57 AM   #1  

Default what an oogie mess

ok, decided to drag out the scale ive avoided since i was like 23 or so, and guess what the *** **** thing said? NOT A THING. it tops out at 320 and it looked as if it was straining to tell me more, but seemed to be scared too.

ive decided scales are evil and just plain rude.
Old 05-06-2002, 09:05 AM   #2  

Scales=Metal Monsters that will control and torment you. Concentrate on how you're feeling and you're clothes. Leave the scale alone..it's evil.
Old 05-06-2002, 09:52 AM   #3  
It's been so long...

S/C/G: 375.2/377/177

Height: 6'

Talking

Ooooooh... I needed a giggle this morning Steven...thank you
I feel your pain, I'm pushing my scale to it's limits, believe me
Old 05-06-2002, 11:57 AM   #4  

Mystic

I must agree with you. I hate the scales. I do like to see them go down, don't get me wrong. But I get nervous, and worried every time I have to get on them.

One thing I do like is the Tape Measure. I like to see how much I shrunk from one week to the next. That makes me happier then what I weigh. I look at it like this, if I'm loosing inches, then I will eventually loose the pounds.

Good luck and chin up.

Bella23
Old 05-06-2002, 12:50 PM   #5  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Scales are not my friend either. I have been where you are Steven. Just throw it away and focus on how you are doing day to day...Are you following your food plan...drinking your water...moving your butt. Let that be your guide.
Old 05-06-2002, 06:05 PM   #6  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

Steven muscles weigh more than fat!!! You must sure have some great muscles!!! WOW! All kidding aside, use your feelings to judge. how do you feel with your body? are your fat pockets getting softer???can you feel your muscles??? is your face looking any thiner?? go with the best judge of all... how your clothes fit!!!
Old 05-06-2002, 07:49 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally posted by nasus40
Steven muscles weigh more than fat!!! You must sure have some great muscles!!! WOW! All kidding aside, use your feelings to judge. how do you feel with your body? are your fat pockets getting softer???can you feel your muscles??? is your face looking any thiner?? go with the best judge of all... how your clothes fit!!!
good questions nas.

how do i feel with my body? i feel like im a oozing pool or whale blubber

are my fat pockets getting softer? yep

can i feel my muscles? honestly, i dont have a clear memory of EVER feeling them.

is my face looking any thinner? my weight has never really affected my face in the last 10 or so years. about the ONLY part of my body besides my feet that doesnt really look fat.

the clothes part is the hardest to tell. i only have three pair of jeans and 6 shirts. i have to go 52 miles to get my clothes. and i have to pay triple the cost of what they normaly SHOULD cost. and they arent even a brand name. but the last 4 months they have gotten bigger on me.

damn this group rocks
Old 05-06-2002, 08:43 PM   #8  
Old Cackler

eeeewwwww!!!! ick!!!!!! scales!!!!!!!

don't own one. don't want one. i refuse to be obsessed about it!!!

and there's a thread on the low carb board about how some folks set the tone for the whole day based on what the scale said that day, and how horrible it is to become a slave to it.

these ladies are right: check your clothes, how you feel. how you look. even how your shoes are fitting!!!!

and indulge in a little self-examination just to make sure that you're following the program, with food, water, exercise and so on. and if it needs a little tweaking, then tweak away!!! if it doesn't, then just keep going.

[although my doc says that the key to good weight loss is 60-80 grams of protein a day, even if one has to take a protein shake or two to get it. just a thought]

and i've heard, like susan said, that if your fat is getting softer, it's ready to come off. but i just don't understand it!!!

sue... can you elaborate???? please????? i'm extremely soft these days.....
Old 05-06-2002, 10:35 PM   #9  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

This may seem a bit gross but the best and simplest way to explain it is if you take a baloon. And it is tied off. after a few days small particles of air sneaks out and decreases the volume of air in the baloon. the baloon is softer and more squishy. Well take the same to the fat cells. You will always have the same number of cells for the fat. they are just enlarged. engorged as in my case. well as the fat shrinks the cells become less stuffed there for less tight--hense the squishy.

This is also due to the skin tighness also. the tighter the skin the firmer you are. and as the fat is shrinking so is the suit that holds the faat so it is becoming baggy. I know that it sounds gross but that is the wsway it is.

Now to give hope to you as you are losing weight. may people get flabbe. but if you take a look at freds site www.onephatman.com he has done some remarkable stuff. he has lost welll over 100 lbs I am thinking about 150 ish. he had asked the dermatologist about the saggy skin, and the responce was that in about 7 years the skin should be asorbed back in. I know that sounds like a huge abount of time but if done right the weight loss should be done slowly too. I stop and think that i have some hellacious stretchmarks on my gut. I KNOW they are never going to shrink as the underlying tissue has been damaged by my kids. so that will never get really tight like i would like it to. but the arms and legs are showing some great responces. I still wiggle under the arms but i have lost about 3 inches and they have not a sag. One good thing that will help will be weight lifting. that releases a hormone called HGH which does wonders with the skin tone and thickness hense the likeness to the youth hormone. It also increases the metabolism, mood elevation, and well just about everything.

HHHMMM I am sorry I was giving much more than you were asking for. I get excited easily

I do jump on the scale but do not dwell on it as it is just a judge when i am off plan to see if i am gaining and how much fluid I am retaining. but i do try to avoid it for most of the time
Old 05-07-2002, 01:21 AM   #10  

Steve, I love you. If you lived near me you would fit right in with my loony gang! They're right! Toss 'em out the window! Your clothes are getting baggy! Wa-hoo for you! Now, when you throw some veggies into that food you're eating, it'll even be better! Have you ever ordered clothes from catalogues? AND, TAKE YOUR MEDS!!! I'd be a quivering mass of depressed jelly without mine.

Sue, thanks for that great answer. We wanted to know all of that! Good that you get excited about it!

P-nube, Steve's got a great friend in you...keep after him!! You love scales, too, huh!! I'll AIM you one of these days!

Hey, everybody else, too. I have GOT to get to bed...I've been trying to get off here for an hour! That ever happen to you?

Love, and will talk soon.
Old 05-07-2002, 01:42 AM   #11  
It's been so long...

S/C/G: 375.2/377/177

Height: 6'

Ahh, I can see that I have to beat on someone everyday to take his meds.... *tacking up a sticky note to remind myself*

Well, today has been GRAND for me, was in a bad mood earlier today, but I channeled it all into a monster workout....
Old 05-07-2002, 10:19 AM   #12  

I would LOVE to throw out the scale and never get on it again. Maybe one day.
Old 05-07-2002, 12:54 PM   #13  
Still Hanging Around:)

Default Scales are evil....

I swear, the bathroom scale could change 10# in any given day.... I think it likes to tease me. Though I would *LOVE* to not be a slave to it, it's almost like an addiction. See if I have managed a day where I haven't totally blown everything.

In the end, how I feel will tell me so much more than the numbers on the scale. And right now... I feel horrible.

Here's to bright days ahead!!!
Sandi K.
Old 05-07-2002, 02:54 PM   #14  

i think scales have a chip inside that senses our moods and does its best to make a bad mood worst and a good mood horribible
Old 05-07-2002, 09:04 PM   #15  
Old Cackler

sue.... thank you thank you thank you. that was great info.

but darlin... i'm here to tell you that i am NOT going to wait for 7 years for all this stuff to shrink back!!!! i'm way too old to be that elastic.

it's plastic surgery for me!!! now, i just have to finish losing all this.

i AM doing exercises just about daily, and they ARE helping decrease the sagging and bagging on most parts of the bod.

most, but not all
Closed Thread