Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 12-31-2008, 12:24 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 228/ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

Default odd running cramp...

ok... I get side stitches from time to time and typically I have no problem breathing through them until they're gone... this is completely different.

two weeks ago, I got a really strange pain in my lower abs - right between the hip bones. it's similar to the cramps I'd get from my period (which I don't get anymore, due to BC) in the area that it covers, but definitely a sharper, lingering pain, not dull. it happened near the end of my last run (I'm c25k'ing), so when I couldn't breathe through it, I slowed back to a walk and walked through the rest of it. haven't had an issue since... until tonight...

half way through my 3rd of 5 runs tonight, i got hit with another one of these odd pains. again, tried to breathe though it, but that was useless... cut back to a walk... and wound up having to stop altogether. I was at the gym, so i went upstairs to stretch... when I was finished stretching i felt fine... to the point that I did 2 full sets of sit-ups... and finished the rest of my workout (not the running - i did try to get back on the treadmill but it didn't feel quite right...)

any ideas? I'd eaten dinner (a grilled chicken sandwich) around 5:30 and this was at 7:45 or so... don't know if that had anything to do with it or not...
dancingirl81 is offline   Reply With Quote