Old 12-30-2008, 11:01 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 232/226/137

Height: 5'3"

Default Hello? Just getting started.

This looks like a good spot for me to get my feet wet - again. Honestly, how many Mondays...how many Januarys...before I actually get going with some progress?

I know. Dwelling on past failures won't help me, so I won't. And really, I am not waiting for January or Monday, I'm starting now.

Breakfast was fiber toast, a T. of peanut butter and a fruit smoothie. I have a Wii fit - I'll spend some time with it today too, and work on some healthy meal planning.

What I need most is encouragement and support. I need to believe in myself again, and believe that I can do anything. I look back on some of the really cool, amazing stuff I've accomplished on my way to 40-something, and it irks me that my weight is even an issue. So, I guess it's time to really focus on this, really get it going, and take care of myself.

Guess that's my introduction to this group, lol. Now what?
catinhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 11:45 AM   #2  

Height: 4'11"

Hi, I'm just starting out too. Welcome! Sounds like you're off to a great start. I found it really encouraging to join some of the exercise challenges, and lurk on the maintenance board. Those are people who have done it, and we can do it too!
thinpossible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 01:53 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 205/200/160

Height: 5'6"

Hi there...I just signed up on this thing a few days ago myself...I am with you...don't wait for a Monday or January 1st. Just dig right in and do it!

I have always been a healthy person (knock on wood)..and want to stay that way. My main concern is turning 50 (now 48) and getting diagnosed with diabetes. My Dad was when he was in his 50's....and he wasn't in the best of shape, eating unhealthy, with lots of sugar.

So....I am here, trying this...getting and giving support where I can...because the ultimate goal is to be Healthy....then sexy and fit

Hang in there....I am doing hot yoga one day per week...and cardio at the Y another 2 days. It's helping!

take care, Sandra
fitredchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 08:26 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 204/188/120

Height: 5'4"

Catinhat, what do ya think about the wii fit. Yoga is a killer for me - I get zero points and called couch potato - LOL! I think it's the "tree" that I'm all over the place but I got "warrior" down pat - . Have you tried the push-ups? Again - zero points, who'd have thunk these games would be so hard and yet so much fun!

chunckymonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 11:48 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 232/226/137

Height: 5'3"

Thanks, y'all! I really appreciate getting replies, lol.

My eating day wasn't so great, but it was better than 'lately'. I'll take that for now, whilst I'm figuring some things out...but not for too long.

Thinpossible, we're both in Colorado - wow!

Chunckymonkey, I actually do OK with the yoga, but it is HARD...very challenging. I have tried doing yoga with videos before, and thought I was doing OK. Seeing my center of balance (and how off it can get) has really helped me understand it better. I love Wii fit - especially the rhythym boxing!!

So...what sorts of plans are y'all doing for eating? I'm still figuring all that out.

Thanks,
-cat
catinhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 11:32 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 194/194/125

Height: 5'3

Just starting too, new to the online thing. Like you, too many January 1's, Mondays, etc. Happy to give support so we can all meet our goals in 2009!!
Aquariangrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 11:55 AM   #7  
Jamaica Bound

S/C/G: 213/173/150(170 by 6/18/09)

Height: 5'5"

Hello sunshine, I am right here with you. Starting a new year with a new attitude and wanting to get in better shape! Just remember, you are not alone and there are alot of of us that wish the best for you! I need alot of incentive and hope that being able to log in and hear other peoples good new as well as hard times that we will be able to make the changes we want!
Shannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 01:11 PM   #8  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

Height: 5'7"

Heya, catinhat ...
Welcome aboard! Of course you can do this! If the daily commitment is too long, then, by george, do it from one hour til the next.

Here's a little trick from my "keepers" book - the next time you catch yourself beating yourself up for something you did "wrong", just ask yourself if you would let a friend treat herself that way? Nope - you wouldn't - you'd encourage her, support her, and do whatever it takes to help her get back on, and stay on, the right path. Now the million-dollar question: Why can we treat other people so much better than ourselves???? Treat yourself like you ARE your best friend ... cuz you are!!!!
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 06:40 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 204/188/120

Height: 5'4"

Wow, ICUWishing...your words are beautiful and so true!

Catinhat - if I'm really hungry first thing in the morning, I have oatmeal with raisins-okay, I know...boring...but it is Filling! (I have always been a big breakfast person)...since I go to the gym regularly I have alot of protein and lots of salads. If it's good and healthy, I eat it and if I don't know - I won't.
chunckymonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 08:52 PM   #10  
My name is Michelle

S/C/G: 200/190/145

Height: 5'5"

Sounds like some very good advice from everyone - I would reiterate what ICUwishing was saying - something that myself, have a hard time remembering. It's good to be reminded of it.
TheMrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 08:54 PM   #11  
Almost the Big 50!

S/C/G: Goal of 150!

Height: 5'8"

I am here if anyone want to buddy up, I am determined this time
CyberGypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 08:56 PM   #12  
Almost the Big 50!

S/C/G: Goal of 150!

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
Hello sunshine, I am right here with you. Starting a new year with a new attitude and wanting to get in better shape! Just remember, you are not alone and there are alot of of us that wish the best for you! I need alot of incentive and hope that being able to log in and hear other peoples good new as well as hard times that we will be able to make the changes we want!
Great picture
CyberGypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 09:25 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 277/270/150

Height: 5' 5

I am right there with you!!!! How many Mondays, how many Januarys....all to familiar to me! It has taken a long time for me to get it through my thick head that the only person to take contorl is me, the wishing for a new body is not going to happen by itself!!! LOL I wish you the best of luck! Eat well, stay strong, be fit!!! You can do it!
Suz E Q is offline   Reply With Quote