Old 12-29-2008, 12:30 PM   #1  

Height: 5'8"

Default I humbly return...

Well, I was never actually gone - I just stopped posting. Life kind of got in the way of my plans.

Last week I opened a thread titled "Who do you admire on this site" or something like that. Before I opened it I thought what a difficult question as I admire many people for many reasons...and, well, of course many of you feel the same. One person said that she admires those that try again and again and again and again...I never really thought about it like that but I can certainly see her point. So, this past week I have been wrestling with that comment and how it does and it doesn't apply to me...

You see, I do have a lot of weight to lose and I know exactly how that weight came on. I harbor no illusions that it will be easy to get the weight off. When I am 'focused'' I do very well. When I am not so focused I don't. Simple as that. I feel better when I am focused, I have more energy, I am more pleasant to be around... So, why is it so difficult to stay focused?

I am a teacher so it is super easy during the school year - but this past summer killed me. I had lost around 30 pounds and have gained about 10 back since the summer. I am working myself to getting 'refocused' and plan to start writing things down when we go back to school on Monday. I will say, however, that even when I am not 'focused' I am certainly aware and tend to make healthier choices than I did in the past. Not always, of course, but more so than usual.

Anyway. Here I am.

Last edited by Tonia; 12-29-2008 at 12:33 PM.
Tonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 12:56 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 269/255/200

Height: 5/6

Welcome Back , I myself have done the same thing more than once Fell down But I just NOW PICK MYSELF UP DUST OFF and try again. Each time I do it it I learn a little more about myself to help me along my way. I am just so happy to have everyone here . Sooooooooooooooo much support . Thank You To You And Everyone On The Boards . For Being Here .
BAILYBOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 01:14 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

Height: 5'4"

Tonia - welcome "back" such as it were.

I know what you mean about life getting in the way - I've let myself slide back into that a little this holiday season as well. It's easy to do!

I think until a way of eating becomes second nature to you, there is always that chance of slipping back into old habits. And even when the way of eating *is* second nature, things like the holidays, birthdays, etc., can be challenging.

Don't beat yourself up .. just keep moving forward. And know we're all here to support you!

PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 01:21 PM   #4  
Motivated for 2009

S/C/G: 240/200/125

Height: 5'5"

Welcome back hon. I know how you feel, I have lost and gained many times. This effort is going to be successful and I know it will be for you too!
2ndChance09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 01:39 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/168

Height: 5'6"

Trying again is the key to reaching our goals. As long as you don't give up, you'll get there! Welcome back to posting!
Lyn2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 04:26 PM   #6  

Height: 5'8"

Thanks for the encouragement, ladies.

I totally agree that this site offers what i need when I need it...I just have to be open to it I know that sounds like a serious addict...hmmm...
Tonia is offline   Reply With Quote