Old 12-28-2008, 10:15 AM   #1  
Little Miss Random

Height: 5 ft 6

Default *Appealing for Assistance*

ok, so i think i am at the stage to admit that I *DO* have a problem, does anyone know any online councillors or doctors that will be able to help me. I dont think I could manage physically going to my doctors.

I have just had a conversation with my boyfriend that led to me in floods of tears. I want to be able to talk to my dad, but he will get worried, I want to be able to talk to my mum but she will get worried. Plus I wont be able to talk to them without crying.

I am scared, please if anyone knows anybody can I have the details.
Thanks
sh3l5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 10:20 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 210

Height: 5ft7in

I need a little more info in order to give you an opinion. But I feel your pain and desperation. please explain further
Pixiesue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 10:31 AM   #3  
Little Miss Random

Im addicted to weight loss. Addicted to counting calories. Addicted to eating small amounts of food throughout the day in order to loose the weight. And more so addicted to exercise.
Old 12-28-2008, 10:38 AM   #4  
needs constant reminding

S/C/G: 164/maintenance since 8/08

Height: 5'4"

Find a therapist who has experience with eating disorders. Go to your local clinic tomorrow am for a referral.
Best wishes. I'm happy that you are ready to admit there's trouble brewing.
kittycat40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 10:47 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I also reccommend counseling and I am glad to hear that you know you have a problem . That is the first step to recovery, Good luck.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 10:48 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

It's OK to cry. Perhaps your parents won't worry as much as you think, if they are in your process of healing.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 10:55 AM   #7  
Time2fly

S/C/G: 260/260/130

Height: 5'5"

I can tell that you are truly in pain, and you've said that you fear worrying your mother or father. But I think that if you are honest with yourself, they are already very, very concerned about you. If you were to share with them that you have recognized that there is indeed a problem and that you need their support in seeking out help, I am sure they will sigh with relief. They have been watching you get thinner and thinner without an end in sight--as a parent, I would find that terrifying, and I would feel completely helpless. Admitting that you need help is the first step and maybe the beginning of healing. You NEED your family right now, and I promise you that your admission will bring them far more comfort than worry. You will be letting them know you are on the road to recovery. Together, you can find a good therapist and find a way to build a more healthy relationship with food and exercise and overcome the addictions to them both.
Please talk to your family--don't go through this alone. You need the hugs and love and support only a mum and dad can provide, though I am sending one from Michigan as moral support Take care.
Phoenix32203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 11:01 AM   #8  
Little Miss Random

Im just a bit concerned because I feel my dad would stop me exercising completely from the time I tell him. And this cant be good for your body can it?
Old 12-28-2008, 11:02 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 144/118.4/115

Height: 5"4

It is a major step that you recognize you have a problem. I think your parents will probably be relieved to know that you are aware of this. I definitely agree you should seek out local medical professionals who specialize in weight loss related disorders. I hope you get the help you need. Good Luck.
JackieRn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 11:04 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 170/Ticker/124-126

Height: 5'3"

I don't think its that easy for you to stop exercising completely too...and exercise is good for you thin or not thin .

Its going to take a while but little by little you can start living life normally without the fear of gaining 5 pounds with every bite you eat. I'm there right now but ive got much better .
Good luck.
jahjah1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 11:08 AM   #11  
Little Miss Random

Thats exactly how I feel. If I eat a little more than i think i should, like yesterday with boiled potatoes, I feel very fat and overweight and will cut back on another meal to compensate it. Its like an addiction I just cant physically seem to overcome.

The more I eat the more exercise I feel I should be doing to counter act it.
Old 12-28-2008, 11:11 AM   #12  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

Dear ~ there is no crime in crying; it is a natural response to emotion, and there's no shame in admitting that you need some help. I'm sure your parents would like to support you in any way they can; and would like you to come to them anyways (I know mine do).

As for your height: all you have to do is stand up to the wall, and get your DB (who rightly, is very concerned) to mark where you are. Your height can give you a clearer indication as to what your weight should be, but I think you already know that you are now UNDERWEIGHT. I'm glad that your DB has sat you down and had a serious talk with you about this matter.

When I was in my late teens, I lost weight and ended up underweight too; in my case, it wasn't intentional as I didn't even own a scale. A friend's father pulled me aside and told me he was concerned that I was losing too much weight and needed to stop. I was surprised, but went to my family right away and asked them if they thought I was too slim. A friend of my parents actually went and got his scale so that I could get weighed and I was 117, which was under what I had wanted to reach (which was 125 lbs).

What did I do? I started upping my protein and milk intake, and made sure that I didn't miss any meals. I was working a lot at the time in a very physical job (on my feet all the time), so I was very active too. I soon realized that sometimes I was skipping meals from being too busy. So, from that time on, I made a point of making sure I was getting enuff to eat; and that helped keep my weight in the 120's.

You could also go see a dietician who could help you find a better balance between your food intake and exercise level. I also agree with a previous poster: you can arrange for counselling directly on your own as well. It is good that you are facing this issue, and preparing yourself to tackle it head on ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 12-28-2008 at 11:15 AM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 11:11 AM   #13  
MSer living healthy

S/C/G: 300/176/170

Height: 5ft 8in

***I want to stress before I start this post that I bring you attention to the warning at the bottom of the thread Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice and no guarantee is made against accuracy. ***

I suggest that start by going to your local doctors and discuss your problem. Be honest with him / her and they will put you in contact with the appropriate team that deal with problems connected with eating disorders. Remembering to tell them about the tearfulness and fears with food.

Do not be afraid to that your doctor will not understand I can assure you this problem is more common that you think. Eating disorders are on the increase and this is a growing problem so you are not on your own. Though at the minute you may feel alone and isolated not to mention things spiralling out of control.

This is the address of a web site that you may find helpful http://www.b-eat.co.uk/Home

You can get better from this and gain control over food. It may be a slow recovery process but you have made the first steps and with the realisation that you need help. The next step is going to the doctors you can do this and start on the path to recovery.
purpleorc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 11:12 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/120

Height: 5' 3"

You need to find an eating disorder outpatient program. You'll be paired with a doctor to monitor your health, a nutritionist to help you learn healthy eating habits, and a therapist to talk through all the rough spots. They don't' make you stop exercising, they just monitor you based on your honesty. Do you have health insurance? And do you have a doctor you see normally? The first step would be to see your doctor - tell them it's an emergency, and they can refer you to a clinic. If you don't have a doctor, call your health insurance company, and they'll tell you what to do.

Good luck! Admitting you have a problem is the first step, and possibly the hardest. Hopefully from this point on you'll have a wealth of support to comfort you through the hard times.
garstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 11:18 AM   #15  
it's always something

I agree with garstar, recognizing you have a problem is a major step This site has some links to programs in your area that may be of help

http://www.equip.nhs.uk/topics/neuro/eating.html

Online - www.somethingfishy.org They have tons of articles, but they also have a very active support forum that is highly recommended by experts.
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote