Old 12-27-2008, 10:35 PM   #1  
I know I can do it.

S/C/G: 193/ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Default 20 somethings who South Beach?

Hey ladies-- so... do any of you do the south beach or are you planning on starting? I'm thinking of starting it again, I have to modify it somehow because I can't have dairy or eggs in any form, so that kind of slims my food options at least for phase 1.

BUT I'd like to start it again and as with all things I need support. And... also as with all things, I prefer support from a place I feel comfortable, hahaha! It looks like there is a great support group going on in the South Beach forum but it'd be sweet to have some more 20 somethings there with me, know what I mean??

So if any of ya'll are doing it or want to start lemme know, so we can hop on together.

EDIT: The thing I like about SB is that it helps me to break those addictions I get myself into. I really feel I'm having a severe struggle with sodium and sugar lately and I can feel myself losing control. I feel like going on SB will help get me in check again and I really need that. It'll also help to kick start my weight loss, I have really had such a hard time losing these 4 pounds (like, I keep regaining and losing them, seriously...) SO... let me know if any of you want to join in so we can keep one another in check!!

Last edited by carcar05; 12-27-2008 at 10:36 PM.
carcar05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 12:13 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 242/187/150

Height: 5'9"

I've been doing South Beach for 2 months now. Love it! And I'm actually gonna start over with Phase I because I need to get back on track after the holidays!

I would love to buddy up and support one another! I feel like I need a kick in the butt too!

Last edited by QTestRDH; 12-28-2008 at 12:14 AM.
QTestRDH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 01:40 AM   #3  
I know I can do it.

Sweet I would love that!!!!
Old 12-28-2008, 10:53 AM   #4  
Mommy of 3 Boys!

S/C/G: 245/173.6/164

Height: 5'8"

I have been doing South Beach Diet for a couple of weeks now....I do cheat a little but nothing extravagant and have lost 15 lbs in that short time and I dont feel like I want sugar and deep fried foods like I was craving.
Blcarter84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 11:29 AM   #5  
Ready for baby #2

S/C/G: 245/238.8/140

Height: 5/3

I am starting south beach in the morning....i would love to have some buddies while on my journey. Can I join in too?
Jessiebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 04:33 PM   #6  
I know I can do it.

Yay! South beach buddies! i am moving this week so I am going to start as soon as I get into my new place- I hate putting off things like this but I also know that it isn't realistic to start a diet like that when I will not be in my own home (or any home!) for a day or two, as I move! SO... On the 3rd that'll be my first official day. WOO HOO! Let's do this ladies!
Old 12-28-2008, 04:47 PM   #7  
Mommy of 3 Boys!

I think it will give you what you need to jumpstart you out of the 170's for good!! and then out of the 160's for good lol
Old 12-28-2008, 04:54 PM   #8  
I am Resilient

S/C/G: 227/ticker/160

Height: 5'10''

I too am starting South Beach tomorrow! Can I join in? Would love the support!

I had some really great success with it before!!
kmelody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 04:58 PM   #9  
I know I can do it.

I think so too Bl!

I have done it before but I had to really tweak it since I'm allergic to eggs and also I'm lactose intolerant- I can't eat anything with eggs or dairy in them so I have to modify a lot of the phase 1 to include more soy than it says you should have, and I used to have like a banana or other fruit for breakfast since I can't have yogurt or cheese/egg combos.

Any other ideas for subtitutions I can plan on making so I can have a successful phase 1?!!

I am seriously SO addicted to fries and chocolates- after doing south beach the first time around I had great success with not craving those trigger foods. Then I went off of meat for quite a while and with no eggs, dairy, or meat in my diet I started eating EVERYTHING else like high carb and sugary/fried foods. It has really thrown me for a loop.

So I'm ready to do this again and break these addictions!! I'm scaling way back these next few days until I can commit to it 100%.

I'm excited you girls are here and we can support one another! Here's to a healthy new year! woop woop!

KMelody! OF COURSE! Woo hoo, another buddy!

PS So WHY are you girls losing weight? What is your motivation?

For me, I'd like to get pregnant again this summer. I am NOT getting pregnant at 170!! OH NO! haha, so I really owe it to myself (and my daughter and future babies) to be healthy... I really want a good pregnancy this time so I'm going to do all I can to enable that- healthy eating and exercise, being at a healthy weight, etc. Thats my motivation!

Last edited by carcar05; 12-28-2008 at 05:00 PM.
Old 12-28-2008, 05:11 PM   #10  
Mommy of 3 Boys!

I am losing weight only for myself this time. I want to feel good again and know that when I walk around (single for the first time since high school) that I LOOK good too. I want to be the mom that people look up to. Anyways that is my motivation I guess....being healthy for my son too. Dont want him watching me put away fast food everday.
Old 12-28-2008, 05:14 PM   #11  
I know I can do it.

Well Bl you are doing awesome, you are such an inspiration.

I'm excited to join in with you on South Beach.

I think losing weight for yourself is probably the most motivational way to do it.

And I agree- I want to feel sexy and confident again. I know I need to work on that aspect as well- feeling confident at any weight. Because that'd really help me to lose more weight I think, being mentally healthier and less cruel to myself would really aid in that process. So that's another goal. haha
Old 12-28-2008, 05:22 PM   #12  
I am Resilient

S/C/G: 227/ticker/160

Height: 5'10''

I too am excited for starting SB again so I can rid myself of some of the sugar addiction/cravings I have going on. I actually did it about a month ago, got through P1 successfully (lost 9 lbs.) but then went on a mini vacation and really took a huge step back. Then the holidays hit...and here I am!

The reasons that I'm losing weight:

-Increased confidence. I don't exactly have the best body image and I'd like to change that. I'm also tired of being the fat family member, friend, etc. I want to be able to enjoy shopping and wear cute clothes without feeling like I need to cover up.

-HEALTH! We have a lot of weight-related health issues in the family and I don't want that to be the kind of life I have to look forward to. I want to rid myself of my addiction to food, especially the sugary and fried types.

-Fitness. I have dreams to be a runner. I want to run in races...beginning with 5ks and possibly running a marathon one day. I would also like to complete some triathlons too. In order to do these successfully and without injury, I need to lose quite a bit of weight from my frame.

-Vanity. I'm getting married in September and want to look absolutely stunning. I also would like to get pregnant sometime in the next few years and want a low risk pregnancy. I've been talking about losing weight for a long time now. I'm going to show those who have doubted me just what I'm capable of. I want to be a good role model...for my family, future children, friends, etc.

Wow..that was long winded. Sorry!
kmelody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 09:32 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 168/158/130

Height: 5"3

I have done sb and it works and it helps to get you motivated. the first week is the worst but you get over it because you will feel the difference almost over night. for me i stayed interested because i challenged myself to try all the recipes in the book each night and also for lunch
notforlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 09:59 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 242/187/150

Height: 5'9"

Yay! I'm glad there is a little group of us to support one another. Like I said before, I'm starting P1 over again. Starting tomorrow! I'm also starting my brand new DVD I got for xmas... JM 30 day shred! So hopefully this week will get rid of my extra Christmas baggage I gained from a week of eating EVERYTHING!

Why am I losing weight???

-Pretty much for vanity. Of course I like that health comes with that! I'm sick of being over weight. The backhanded, plus size model and you have such a pretty face comments grow old! Also, my bf and I have been together for 4 years and I know we will be getting engaged soon. And I don't EVER wanna look at my wedding pictures and kick myself for not losing weight. I want to always think I looked gorgeous on my wedding day!

Last edited by QTestRDH; 12-28-2008 at 10:00 PM.
QTestRDH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 12:42 PM   #15  
New BodyBugger!

S/C/G: 317/ticker/175

Height: 5' 9"

I'm starting on the 1st! Can I play with you guys too?
HeatherMcG is offline   Reply With Quote