Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2002, 07:20 AM   #1  
Scotland's finest export

Talking Frrrrrrrrriday!

Hi there,
It's Friday - hooray! And it's a bank holiday weekend in the UK so I won't be back at work (or online) till Tuesday. A weekend of doing nothing awaits me. And I can't wait!
Jess/Lori - Ah, the old language barrier again! Beetroot is the edible root of a kind of beet which is typically dark red and spherical and eaten as a vegetable. And mozzarella is a firm white Italian cheese made from buffalo or cow's milk, used in pizzas and salads.
JenK - hope your allergies improve soon. Poor you. I'd go see the doc though, in case they can help.
JenL - good luck finding a dress for the wedding - you've got to show up that bride! Are you going to WI soon then?
Kim - fingers crossed the tankini is nice. What is it with offices and stupid rules? We aren't allowed to prop open any doors for "security reasons". Even though lots of people arrive and leave at the same time, so you end up with doors banging every few seconds. Plus the water cooler is (stupidly) outside the doors so folk are always going in and out.
Oh and apparently we have to remove all food from the office fridge at the end of every day or it will be chucked out!! Thankfully this seems to be a lie, as I tend to buy lots of yoghurts at once and leave them in there.
KT - glad to hear your leader is (slowly) developing a sense of humour. I hate it when I suddenly realise someone is standing behind me at work just watching what I've been typing! Most annoying.
So, worst wedding I've been to? Luckily they've all been pretty good. But I don't fancy a "dry" wedding. No booze? That would be awful. I've heard some pretty dire speeches though. And some rude jokes too, which don't always go down so well with the oldies! Jokes like this: There are 4 types of orgasm. The positive: "yes yes!"; the negative: "no no!"; the religious: "oh god!"; and the fake: "oh [insert groom's name here]".
Right, best get on with my work. Hope you all have a fantastic weekend (and stick to your points!).
Kirsty
:sheep:
Old 05-03-2002, 08:39 AM   #2  

Angry

Good morning everyone!!

Jess ~ Glad to see you have a plan about the goal weight. I think that is realistic, and I agree, why pay longer than you have to! I think WW is expensive, even though it is a terrific program. Hang in there.

Trish ~ Can't remember if I told you this yesterday or not, but "WELCOME BACK"!!

Kim ~ Your swimsuit sounds very cool. Lands End (the headquarters) is located 40 miles from me. My parents sometimes work there during the holiday season as seasonal help. They get 40% off everything. So, I have sheets, socks, sweaters, you name it. Let me just say, if you are ever thinking about ordering flannel sheets, get them from Lands End, they are the reason I don't want to get out of bed in the morning....they are awesome!!!

KT ~ Glad to see you back, I hope you can post more often!!

Jen ~ Hope your allergies clear up (yours too Jess and Jen).

Kirsty ~ You are so lucky you get a long weekend! I hope you do something fun and the weather is nice.

I know I forgot people, I am sorry, I don't even have my first cup of coffee finished, I need it!!!

I am home today working, my DD is stick with the stomach flu. So, I am checking email and posting to you all from here!! It is a beautiful day in Wis. Suppose to be sunny and 65 degrees. Wish I could get out for a walk!!

Well, I better check on the kids, and the dog, he is probably chewing something up!!

Oh, Jess, I know you mentioned you work at a power plant. My DH does too, he is a boiler operator at a coal fired PP.

Well, I will check in in a bit...TTYL.....

(Hi Lolly, Kier, Becky, JenK, Jenl and everyone else!!)
Old 05-03-2002, 09:26 AM   #3  

Hi Girls,

I'm so glad it's Friday!!! I have a pretty boring weekend ahead of me I think - most of my friends will be out of town. But at least I won't be working, so you know it will be good - and maybe I won't go so overboard on calories with beer. I say this now....

Anyway, I did adjust my goal weight to 140 - 135 may be a bit too low. I'm not doing weight watchers, so I just kind of picked a number that sounds good. I weighed in at 155.5 today, but I still have all these rolls of fat everywhere! I guess that's why I still feel like I'm not anywhere near goal. I don't really care what the number on the scale ends up being as long as my body looks good. Now that I'm going to the gym hopefully some of those rolls will start disappearing

I'm feeling hungry even though i just ate a big bowl of kashi about an hour and a half ago I'll try to chug some water.

BBL
Old 05-03-2002, 09:29 AM   #4  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Talking

It's Friday and I am so glad... I moved boxes again last night all night. I swear, I think I made about 4000 trips up and down stairs. My landlord is so nice letting me move for so long. Tonight I'm going to finish packing everything up and get as much taken upstairs as I possibly can. Later tonight, I'm going to maybe get some stuff unpacked and put into cupboards, etc. Then tomorrow, all the furniture goes in, whoohoo! I can't wait for this all to just be over with...

Well, ladies, yesterday was another good day for me with the Swimsuit Season Challenge. I didn't have a fruit/vegetable with lunch, but other than that, I think I did OK.

Kirsty--OK, I'm still perplexed by the mozzarella. I mean, we have mozzarella cheese here and use it on pizzas and salads (I personally use it on pretty much everything. ), but when you ordered it at dinner the other night, was it just a big block of cheese or was it prepared in some way?

Tonya--Sounds like you have a fun, event-filled day ahead of you!

Well, it's about break time and I need to run to the grocery store at break, so I'll check back in later. Have a great day!!
Old 05-03-2002, 09:44 AM   #5  
Scotland's finest export

hey jess, don't you get balls of mozzarella over there that are pretty soft and you can tear strips from really easily? it's stored in some kind of water usually.... you just drain it and then you can eat it raw or cook it or whatever. the salad i had served chunks of it with bits of fig, mango and a tomatoey sauce.
good luck with the rest of the move.
lexxy - good move on changing your goal weight. if you're doing ww you could always pick a higher goal weight as your official one and then try to get to 140 as your personal goal weight.
tonya - hope things are ok at home and your daughter gets better soon.
one of the drains in my backyard got blocked and a pipe was leaking, so there was a little swimming pool outside our back door this morning! typically BF is away (surfing weekend with his mates) so i had to clear it all up!
how's everyone else doing??
kirsty
Old 05-03-2002, 09:52 AM   #6  
Bono Fanatic!

Talking TGIF!!

Happy Friday girls!!

Kirsty - Have a great long weekend of doing nothing. Sounds fabulous to me!

Tonya - I second your vote for the Lands End flannel sheets. They are GREAT! I was just thinking this morning that since the weather is getting nicer it is just about time to put the plain old cotton sheets back on. Too bad!

Lexxy - I'm sure the gym will help some of your rolls go away. I have always had rolls as well, and working out definitely helps.

Jess - Let me see if I can clear up your mozzarella confusion! The kind that is served as an appetizer is fresh mozzarella, which is SO different from the shredded processed stuff you get at the grocery store and put on pizza. It is pure white (not the yellowish white like the store stuff) and much softer and yummier! (I think) It is usually served in slices, often with slices of tomato, or in a salad-type dish, like Kirsty had.
Also, good luck with your move! It's almost over!!

I am feeling a bit better today, but a big part of that may just be because it is Friday and the sun is finally shining! The weather is supposed to be great this weekend so I plan on getting out and enjoying it!

Last edited by JKarr; 05-03-2002 at 10:02 AM.
Old 05-03-2002, 10:03 AM   #7  
Scotland's finest export

cheers jenk - i guess the missing word was fresh! although i never buy blocks of mozzarella or the grated/shredded stuff - always the fresh stuff. it's so much nicer. you guys can't buy fresh balls of mozzarella at grocery stores? that's awful!!!
Old 05-03-2002, 10:15 AM   #8  
Bono Fanatic!

Default cheese...

We can buy fresh balls of mozzarella (that's all I buy; I don't care for the processed stuff!) at the store, but it is not usually found with the rest of the cheese, like the american slices, Kraft shredded, etc. Instead, it is found with the "specialty" cheeses like feta, gouda, etc. It takes a bit more work to get to the good cheese here!

Don't I sound like the cheese expert?!
Old 05-03-2002, 10:20 AM   #9  
Scotland's finest export

jenk - if we ever meet up it will be a total cheese fest!!
Old 05-03-2002, 11:27 AM   #10  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

You haven't seen cheese until you have lived in Wisconsin. Cheese capital USA. I live about 15 minutes from a great cheese plant. I refuse to give up my cheese.

I am totally dreading the wedding tomorrow. I dug in my closet and found a dress I bought in Boston when I was PG (not a PG dress)... it fits and is form fitting on the hips. So I am wearing that. I got the ink marks out of Emma's dress so we are set to look good.... still dreading it tho!

I ate a donut! But am going to the gym over lunch. Poooey on me!
Old 05-03-2002, 12:07 PM   #11  
Proud Canadian

Hi guys - YAY Friday!

I have nothing much to add. Just getting friday stuff done - busy weekend at work - we have 75 students moving in this weekend so we'll be busy.

Have a fun wedding Jen.

I have to say Mmmmmmm...cheese. It's definately something I didn't like reducing to stay OP - I've found I'm OK with a smaller amount of cheese as long as it's strong - like feta or blue - there's a really nice cheese thats a mix between blue and camembert - very delicious.

I forgot to tell you guys about my fantastic weekend - we had this romantic weekend on a yacht docked at the hotsprings. Very relaxing. the food was unbelievable - brie and papaya omlette, fresh caught cod - mmmmm - and the best part was - it was a 2km walk to the hotsprings(and 2 back) so we worked it all off!

Gotta go slave away
KT
Old 05-03-2002, 12:52 PM   #12  

I'm with you on the cheese! I studied abroad in The Netherlands for a semester and was in heaven! I pretty much lived off this garlic herb soft cheese spread on fresh bread. Cheese and chocolate are definitely two of my favorite things! Ok, have to stop thinking about fresh mozzarella and goat cheese pizza, as I just got back from lunch.

I'm already very bored and thinking about leaving work soon. I'm such a slacker! It's a wonder i don't get fired. It's just very hard for me to get into doing things I hate. Is it still worth hoping that one can make decent money and do something they like at the same time? I wonder....
Old 05-03-2002, 01:30 PM   #13  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Kirsty and Jen--OK, now I understand the cheese confusion!! I guess I generally stay away from the more expensive cheeses and that's why I never realized there was such a thing. I just buy a big bag of the cheap shredded kind. Speaking of cheap shredded stuff--the grocery store I shop at recently started stocking ChedOMate and MozzOMate. Has anyone ever seen these? I think they're imitation cheese that still has all the fat and calories... I'm just a little wierded out by things like that. No plans to purchase those in the near future.

Not much else to say, just wanted to thank you guys for helping me with the cheese confusion. Better get my behind back to work.
Closed Thread