Old 12-21-2008, 09:15 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 229/206/1??

Height: 5'2"

Default Problems with BC??

Does anyone have the Mirena IUD??

If you do, have you had any problems with it? I havent had a TOM since I got mine almost 3 years ago and for the past 3 months I have had severe PMS. Not just for the week that I would have my TOM but for the whole three months . At first I thought that I might be getting SAD but I dont have many of the symptoms so I am pretty sure it has something to do with the Mirena?

That was more of a mini rant than a question, but if anyone has had a similar problem with BC what did you do??

TIA

AngelMae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 02:37 PM   #2  
Lazy runner deluxe

S/C/G: 168/142/142

Height: 169 cm / 5'7''

I have a Mirena IUD too and I have never had any troubles with it. But, you say you have had PMS symptoms for 3 months. Are you sure this is due to PMS? What kind of symptoms are you experiencing? If it lasted for 3 months you can be quite sure that it is not due to PMS, because that is tied to your hormonal cycle. If you are experiencing mood problems you may have a depression, and if you have physical symptoms that may be due to something else entirely.

The hormones from an IUD are supposed to work more locally, and not enter your bloodstream. I suppose you could have trouble from them if you are really sensitive to it, but it doesn't sound very likely to me.
Elwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 04:10 PM   #3  
I know I can do it.

S/C/G: 193/ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

I had HORRIBLE side effects from the mirena. After having it removed everything went back to normal for me.
I know a lot of women have had no problems with it, but MANY MANY MANY have reported huge emotional issues with it. I know they say it shouldn't effect you emotionally or whatever but it does. i was a psycho on it, haha, i was just a total basket case.

My doctor removed it and with in a month I was much much better. Just google it or ask on yahoo answers, I am sure you'll find other similar situations. I would talk to your doctor just to see what he thinks. Good luck!
carcar05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 06:48 PM   #4  
WaLk-iT-OuT

S/C/G: 179/160/125

Height: 5'3"

Thank you for the info carcar05. I was thinking about switching from the pill to the Mirena, but now I won't. My PMS is already bad without it ...heehee

Last edited by misspiggy408; 12-22-2008 at 06:48 PM.
misspiggy408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 11:46 PM   #5  
I know I can do it.

S/C/G: 193/ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

I must add that it is not good for SOME people, for others it is like a dream.

I am sensitive to hormones as it is, and it just really did not agree with me. My doctor confirmed it was the mirena affecting me as well.

Some people, MOST in fact, dont' have that reaction to it, but many have.
carcar05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 09:04 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 194/139/125

Height: 5'8"

Default Me too...

I'm one who is super sensitive to hormones too and I tried everything nuvaring, every pill out there, the shot, the implant they stick into your under arm fat. I had to wait until I got out of the military to get the B.C. I had been begging for for years (which they told me I couldn't get because I had never had kids) and the stupid nurse practitioner they had at active duty clinic was a horrible troll who didn't believe any of my problems were associated with it. She basically told me my every-hour-on-the-hour psychotic episodes, alopecia, acne, inability to lose weight, chronic infections, totally non-existent sex drive, etc. were due to PTSD. PTS-F*CKIN'-D!??!?!???

%@#$$&^$@$!@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I used to get into screaming matches with her every time I went to go see that witch and they refused to refer me out.

Now I have a great GYN, and a Paragard (the hormone free copper IUD). I have returned to normal and noticed that not all-but most of the water weight I used to slosh around with 24/7 is reduced, no acne to be seen, my hair and fingernails are growing like crazy and aren't dry and brittle anymore, my arthritis symptoms have improved, and i'm relatively sane.

Things I didn't even know I could associate with hormone use got better after I quit that crap.

Listen to your body before you listen to the people who make money prescribing you that crap. You know better than anyone else when you don't feel right.

Last edited by NishKitten; 12-23-2008 at 11:14 AM.
NishKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 10:27 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 229/206/1??

Height: 5'2"

CarCar- I looked it the other day and was very glad to find that I wasnt the only one with all the problems. I was just suprised because I have had it for almost 3 years with no problems??

But anywho I called my doc and they said to come in and have it removed! I am a bit nervous and excited all at the same time. I am thinking about getting the copper IUD because I love not having to think about my bc!

Thanks for replying.

Last edited by AngelMae; 12-23-2008 at 10:27 AM.
AngelMae is offline   Reply With Quote