Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2002, 11:19 AM   #1  

Default New Here! And can't stop eating!

My name is Christy and I am 22yrs old. I weigh 215. I need to lose 75 lbs. But I can't! I eat EVERYTHING! Even when I'm not hungary. I sneak food! That's bad I know. My weakness is sweets. I just can't seem to get them out of my head. I think about eating them 24/7. It's very bad. Is anyone else having this problem? If so, want to help each other out?
Old 05-13-2002, 12:56 AM   #2  

Default Yes, I understand!

Tonight I stumbled onto this site and was just browsing. I came across your message...your "name" and message was totally me, it was scary. That is so me, totally, same weight, same problem and have a boy with birthdate 9/18/01. No you are not alone. I never knew this kind of support was out here and never knew to read or reply to anything like this, but I am glad there is. Actually, I am not even sure if I am doing this right, or if this is a correct response. How can we help eachother out?
[email protected]
Old 06-30-2002, 04:59 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 215/170/140

Height: 5' 3.5"

You two are the first two people that I have run across on this board that sound exactly the same as me. I know I am not hungry and the whole time I am stuffing my face I am telling myself that I need to lose weight and that I really need to quit eating like this, but do I stop? No.....I just keep on going. I keep going up and down in my weight. I do not want to be fat anymore, but I just don't have the willpower to stop I guess. Chocolate is my downfall and if I don't have any in the house then I will just start eating everything trying to satisfy the chocolate craving. In the end I have eaten everything in site and am still craving chocolate.

momma3times
Old 10-25-2002, 11:07 PM   #4  

Im in the same boat too. Im 19 but seem to have this compulsion to eat. Even when im not hungry. It really gets to me. Ive put on so much weight to the point where i now get so depressed over it.
Ive come to the realisation though that its not about food. It never is. As hard as that may seem to grasp, its true. If you search within yourself into what is really causing your over eating then i believe that is the way we can all beat this. Over eating is just what you see on the surface which is ultimately covering up deeper emotional issues that need to be resolved. If you dont resolve them than ur over eating can never be cured it just keeps reappearing as a reminder that something needs to be done. Take it as a sign to heal.

My email is [email protected]. Please anybody, feel free to email me. I could do with some support aswell.
Old 10-28-2002, 09:25 PM   #5  

Yeah Im stuck in that boat too. I get depressed, so I eat. I eat even when I know Im not hungry. I then feel bad because I was eating for no other reason other than feeling down. I then get depressed because I feel bad. I then eat because Im depressed. Then I hate myself because this is such a stupid vicious merry go round I find myself stuck on. I guess it all boils down to my low self esteem. How can I have high self esteem where every magazine I look at is telling me I should look like a junkie in order to be accepted?

ARGH!!!!
Old 11-22-2002, 08:40 AM   #6  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

Default sounds like me too!

I do the same thing! I am a very emotional eater. I joined WW over a eyar ago and did REALLY well until this past May, when I moved 2 hours away with my b/f (now fiance) to take a job. So stress and emotions have been making me eat and I've plateaued and haven't lost ANYTHING since May. I eat when I'm not hungry and I know I'm not but I still do it. Its a comfort thing. Anyone who wants to talk please feel free to email me [email protected]
Closed Thread