Old 12-16-2008, 06:41 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 197/185/123-125

Height: 5'1"

Default Question About The Core Plan and Points

Hi Everyone,
I haven't done WW in a long long time (about 5 years) but I'm thinking of doing it again. I have about 25 pounds to lose and at this point online support isn't doing it for me - I need a place I can go to where I have to weigh in in public (not my home scale ) and get real support.

My problem is that I don't do well with severely limited calories/food and I failed with the point system. But I've been looking at the Core Plan and it seems much more reasonable and much more geared for long-term eating. I'm totally into eating whole foods (I'm a vegetarian also) and I can work with a plan that allows for unlimited healthy food and limits certain foods (like grains and junk).

However, I think I read somewhere that WW has recently changed the CORE plan and it now has you counting points. Is that true? Or is it still unlimited of stuff like veggies, fruits, and beans?

Tam
tammay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 12:10 PM   #2  

The new weight watcher program combines core and flex and is called Momentum. In week 6 you get a Simply Filling booklet which is basically the Core plan renamed. They want everyone to count points for 5 weeks to get in tune with what a portion of different foods actually is. If you were a current member doing core, you were given the week 6 booklet along with your week 1 booklet. There is now a Filling Foods list (revised core foods) that everyone is to eat the majority of their foods from and they have added 30 minutes of exercise most days of the week to the Healthy Guidelines. All liquids now count, not just water although we are encouraged to drink water. I'm an old core person but chose to count points and follow the program and I can see my portions were creeping up. Maybe that's why I gained a little.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote