Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2002, 03:46 AM   #1  
fatter than U

Talking Thursday Moos

Hi cows! I'm all better, thanks for asking, Wabby. I think it was the sinuses dribbling into my throat - eeeeeew! I hope your monogram......er......mammogram went well. Got a few years to go before I'll have the pleasure. Germany is a third world country when it comes to early detection of breast cancer. Thank you so much.

Hey Kiwi! Our lilacs are actually blooming this year after I chopped them all off two years ago. This garden thing is soooo complicated. I'm just putting up a big sign in front of the house with "Welcome to the House o' Weeds" on it.

Wabby, how come Oregon Grape is called Oregon Grape if it's growing in my back yard? And do you have a recipe for making jam from the berries?

Later, cows! My sink is calling.
Old 05-02-2002, 06:43 PM   #2  

Default I've got a question for you

Why is Oregon grape our state flower when I would consider them a shrub, not a flower?

I'm so happy to hear that you've recovered, Sugar. The mammo was horrible. We have a small community hospital and the mammogram area is right in with the regular radiology area, so you get to wait in the area with a bunch of old guys waiting for I don't know what kind of scans. They have you go in and strip to the waist and put on a hospital gown, then wait out in the hallway, sans a bra (not a pretty sight) until the technologist is ready for you. Not fun. At least it's over for another year.

I read Gilda's autobiography a couple of years ago. So sad, she was such a talented woman.
Old 05-02-2002, 07:10 PM   #3  
Member w/ messiest house

Default That is so unfair

Making boob-squashing into an even more awful experience! The one I went to last time was a women's clinic type place that specialized in it, so it was all pink and cozy.

Glad you're feeling better, Sugar.

It's so dweewy here today -- rain rain rain. Good for the lakes, bad for me.

Where is Peachie? I want love life updates.

My house smells like bad pizza.

Kiwi
Old 05-03-2002, 03:23 AM   #4  
The magic shrinking cow

Hi!

Peachie, I hope you're hanging in there!

Hi Sugar P and Wabby and Kiwonk!

I went to the doctor and he's running the same tests one more time to see if my numbers have gotten worse.

I've gained more weight, though. Ick, ick, ick.

But, I also ran tonight and lifted weights.

Blah.

Ciao!
Cherry
PS- If you keep a Luna bar in a drawer for three months, it tastes like mildew. Gag.
Old 05-03-2002, 09:50 AM   #5  
Member w/ messiest house

Default Ick!

Old Luna bar sounds gross. Kinda like when I find old Easter or Christmas candy. Don't eat Hershey's kisses that have little round holes through them....

Who's going to the movies this weekend? We were thinking of going to see Panic Room. Maybe even taking DD with us -- anyone seen it yet? I'm such a hypocrite; I have a fit if she sees an R rated movie that has nasty or explicit sex scenes, but movies with violence and bad language I've started letting her watch. I must be twisted.

Hey, Bagz, it's Margarita night! I can tell, because DH is starting to feel better after his surgery -- and since his 2 weeks off are almost over, he can act like he feels better because there isn't any time left for him to do anything useful around the house. Big baby. I've asked him a dozen times to make the phone call to get the ball rolling on having our house worked on, but he "doesn't feel up to it". However he has spent every single day this week at his sailing friend's house crawling around their boat trying to fix its electrical system. Kid you not.

Men. Can't live with 'em. Can't shoot 'em.

Kiwi
Closed Thread