Old 12-15-2008, 02:49 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 224/224/160

Default Glad to see this support group is here !

I'm a bapist born and bible believer ! just so you all know where I come from right up front KJV Bible . Need friends to get some info and support from and if you cant believe another christain than weight isnt our biggest problem . anybody here wanna teach me about this site and give me pointers to get 65 lbs off my body ? I'm all ears and could use the help would appreciate it alot more than words can express
Texas2lip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 03:51 PM   #2  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

First- You've found a great place and there are lots of people here with support and info. There are lots of sections here and I would say drop over to Christian Encouragers because that's where several of us visit and lend a supportive ear.

As far as using the site, just look around and click on whatever topics you find interesting. There are sections and threads for every type of diet and plan (many I've never even heard of).

I personally count calories although there are many successful people here who have used many other plans. I also read a book awhile back called "The Flavor Point Diet" that taught me to watch how many flavors I consume at any one meal, which helps me avoid overeating at meals. I keep my calories between 1300 and 1700 per day average and do what they call calorie cycling. I do mess up, but haven't done too badly since September, due mostly to the support I get here.

I'm also a Bible believing Christian and go to an Evangelical Free Church. There are lots of us here, so you should fit in well!
ronni62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 09:57 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 200/168/165

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas2lip View Post
I'm a bapist born and bible believer ! just so you all know where I come from right up front KJV Bible . Need friends to get some info and support from and if you cant believe another christain than weight isnt our biggest problem . anybody here wanna teach me about this site and give me pointers to get 65 lbs off my body ? I'm all ears and could use the help would appreciate it alot more than words can express
Hi and welcome. Im baptist to, well Southern Baptist Right now I am just taking baby steps, no structured plan(I am rebellious toward those, i say 'ok you cant eat....." then i say yes i can, watch this"..lol) So i am working on adding healthy snacks through out the day and not binge at dinner,find healthier ways to cook my meals, then moving at least 3 days a week. My usual way is to restrict my food and work out 2 hours a day but I could never hold up to that more than a couple weeks. Good luck with what ever you choose to reach your goals
willow650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 10:13 PM   #4  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

We LOVE new folk here! I look forward to getting to know you! Come join us on the Christian Encouragers thread
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote