Old 12-14-2008, 05:24 PM   #1  
Soon2BFit

S/C/G: 246.2/See Ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

Default A Question For Lifetime Members

I am not even near my lifetime goal yet, but I was wondering how you feel about the new rule of having to be no more than 2 lbs. above or 2 lbs. below your goal weight in order to attend meetings at no cost?

Our leader has encouraged us in the past to choose the higher goal weight and if we have an ultimate goal to just keep losing before maintaining.

I thought it was a good idea because if you want to be 5 or 10 lbs. smaller, then you had an edge. With the new rule you only have a couple of lbs. to play with either way. I know at least one WW Lifetime member who is not happy because she chose to lose 10 additional lbs. after reaching goal.
GR8 2B48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 05:28 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

That information is incorrect. Nothing has changed so far as WW lifetime "rules". My WW goal is 150 (the highest for my height) and I weighed in yesterday at my meeting at 125.8. I just cannot be under 118 or over 152 and remain free. I also work for WW so I know that this information is accurate. Sometimes with all of the changes when a new program is introduced there is some confusion. The only thing I heard about it was that WW was going to make sure they enforced the rules more but that the actual rules hadn't changed. Hope that helps you and your friend.

Last edited by traveling michele; 12-14-2008 at 05:28 PM.
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 07:29 PM   #3  
Soon2BFit

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveling michele View Post
That information is incorrect. Nothing has changed so far as WW lifetime "rules". My WW goal is 150 (the highest for my height) and I weighed in yesterday at my meeting at 125.8. I just cannot be under 118 or over 152 and remain free. I also work for WW so I know that this information is accurate. Sometimes with all of the changes when a new program is introduced there is some confusion. The only thing I heard about it was that WW was going to make sure they enforced the rules more but that the actual rules hadn't changed. Hope that helps you and your friend.
Oh, I heard about it, but I like to see things for myself before I mention them.

It states it on page 46 of the new WW pocket guide that our weight is recorded in now, that to be Lifetime, you can not be 2 lbs. above or below your ultimate weight goal at the end of maintenance. So, it would make sense the way you explained it, but there are so many who think that it means 2 lbs. below the weight they chose. Thanks.

Last edited by GR8 2B48; 12-15-2008 at 07:35 PM.
Old 01-01-2009, 04:39 PM   #4  
WW for Life

S/C/G: 289.4/149/164 - Per.Goal 139

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GR8 2B48 View Post
Oh, I heard about it, but I like to see things for myself before I mention them.

It states it on page 46 of the new WW pocket guide that our weight is recorded in now, that to be Lifetime, you can not be 2 lbs. above or below your ultimate weight goal at the end of maintenance. So, it would make sense the way you explained it, but there are so many who think that it means 2 lbs. below the weight they chose. Thanks.
I did ask about this and it may all depend on the leader of the meeting if they enforce the rule. It was only 2 above for those on maintenance but the rule now for lifetimers is 2 above or below goal weight. My leader is not enforcing but leaders are being encouraged to get us to change our goal to our current weight if we are 10 pounds or below goal. We do not have to do it though they can only recommend it as long as we are in our weight range for height.

I believe WW is trying to stop those who use the extra buffer and go up and down 10 or more pounds within their range. Doesn't seem very healthy to keep doing that, seems just like yo yoing.
Bobiken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 08:46 PM   #5  
Soon2BFit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobiken View Post
I did ask about this and it may all depend on the leader of the meeting if they enforce the rule. It was only 2 above for those on maintenance but the rule now for lifetimers is 2 above or below goal weight. My leader is not enforcing but leaders are being encouraged to get us to change our goal to our current weight if we are 10 pounds or below goal. We do not have to do it though they can only recommend it as long as we are in our weight range for height.

I believe WW is trying to stop those who use the extra buffer and go up and down 10 or more pounds within their range. Doesn't seem very healthy to keep doing that, seems just like yo yoing.
Okay, so we are reading it right? It just depends on the leader. Thanks so much Bobiken for getting the correct information.
Old 01-01-2009, 08:52 PM   #6  
Working My Way Back Down

I no longer do WW (for a number of reasons, but I still think it's a good program) but if you wander over to Living Maintenance threads, you'll find that 4 lbs is a really narrow range for your weight to fluctuate. Most maintainers there find that 5 or 7 is more realistic. I know that when I was going to meetings, it was as Michele stated. You could be as many pounds below goal as long as you weren't below the lowest weght for your height.

Last edited by WaterRat; 01-01-2009 at 08:53 PM.
WaterRat is offline   Reply With Quote