South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 12-11-2008, 05:53 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Thursday Clucks and Peeps

Well, maybe not peeps since they are for Easter, right? I don't think we even have them up here.

I'm up way too early and the dogs are still fast asleep. It's very peaceful and I sincerely hope it stays that way as yesterday was one of "those" days. Today just has to be better and I hope to get some problems resolved - like snow in the lane and one leg missing from the Christmas tree stand!

Donna comes to clean today and I am going to hole up in my sewingroom and work out background patches for two more quilt blocks. After that there'll be "only" six left to do. I really need to get going on that after Christmas if it's to be finished by June. Block of the month doesn't really work out from September to June! Here's the pattern. I have the first four blocks done. If I get the rest of them set up I can do the embroidery on cold winter nights.

Now it's time to wake those sleeping furries and get on with the day. Coffee first!
Old 12-11-2008, 06:25 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning!

I really, really love that quilt, RUTH! I should see if I can find that pattern in a crosstitch. Your day today just has to be better than yesterday.

I came down with a touch of the stomach flu yesterday. Thank goodness I had the wrong date on Amber's Christmas concert, it's next Wednesday. I was in bed by 8:30, and am feeling a bit better this morning. I'm taking it cautiously though, and just having tea instead of coffee. The girls have their Christmas concert this morning, so I'll be leaving soon for that.
Old 12-11-2008, 06:39 AM   #3  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning all. Just a quick check-in this morning. We have a BIG storm heading our way and I'm going onto work for a few hours because I'm not sure I'll get out at all tomorrow morning either. My plan is to get in and out before it gets bad. See you all this afternoon
Old 12-11-2008, 06:52 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I hope you stay ahead of that storm, CYNDI!
Old 12-11-2008, 07:22 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Good morning chicks,

We have DS's IEP this morning, then some running around. DD has dance class tonight, then that is over until the new year. My friend suggested I wait until today to visit her in the hospital because she should be moved out of ICU today. She seems to be doing okay and is hoping to be home by the weekend. She's stressing about Christmas of course, but she needs to let that go. She's got little kids, so as long as Santa makes it, I think that's fine. That goes for you too Jenski! I told her I'd bake double so the kids would have some cookies. I'm not planning on doing that until next week though. And I want to make a couple of dinners for her freezer.

Ruth is so right ladies, the holidays happen whether we are "ready" or not, and the important thing is to enjoy them with our families, not to kill ourselves trying to make them perfect.

Hope you can get home and enjoy the storm through your window Cyndi! I love them as long as I don't need to be out in them. Do you get the feeling this is going to be a snowy year?

Glad you are better this morning cottage. There's a lot of stuff going around right now.

Ruth
, hope today is better. That quilt is really cute.

Have a good one chickies!
Old 12-11-2008, 07:32 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning ladies!

Ruth - I LOVE it!! I tried quilting for maybe....um....1/2 day . Enough to buy everything, sew a couple, and give up. I really need to find a hobby!

Cottage - ugh! My son had that Monday...shortest flu ever!! Glad yours was mild too!

Cyndi - I think we're getting your storm last night...classes were cancelled today . It's not too cold here though, so no snow, only some ice (not that that's good!)

Schmoodle - that's a great idea making more cookies! That probably takes a bit of the load off her mind.

Me - well, it's been ca-razy at work this week! I thought today was going to be slower, but now my son will be with me since school is cancelled. A mixed blessing....I can bring my children to work, but he doesn't like it much there! So he keeps interrupting me!! Ah, but bring the computer...he'll play internet games ALL DAY LONG....at 5 1/2 years old!!

Have a great day!
Old 12-11-2008, 07:36 AM   #7  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

I just couldn't make myself do it, though I feel like a wimp because the schools all got the kids in this morning. Last year I did this one day and waited a little too long and had the most harrowing drive home. I grew up driving in the lake effect snow belt in NY and have driven in so much snow I had to stop and open the door to make sure I was still on the road and that didn't scare me as much as the drive home last year. Maybe I'm just getting old and more in touch with my own mortality Anyway, I'm going to stick around my area and try to get my snow tires on. That's a short drive with no big trucks whizzing by.

Ruth - What a lovely quilt. Hope today is peaceful and relaxing with your quilt.

Cottage - Glad you're feeling better today. I've been hearing about a stomach thing going around already. Yuck! Nice to hear yours was short-lived.

Schmoodle - I hope your friend is doing better and out of the ICU today. Baking for her family is a nice idea. I've been doing meals for my friend who is having shoulder surgery on Monday but no baking. There are no little ones in her house though, so they don't need it.

Okay, time to make my alternate plan for the morning! Have a good day Chicks.

from the wimpy Chick
Old 12-11-2008, 08:01 AM   #8  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good decision, Cyndi, and you are NOT a wimp. We get lake effect snow up here too and I totally understand. I almost wimped out on taking out the trash just now as my side door was frozen shut! Luckily there are four outside doors in this house. It's de-iced now thanks to my trusty hair dryer.

Schmoodle, yes, the most important thing for your friend is to get better. I hope the Santa stuff can be managed somehow. Cookies and freezer meals sounds like a wonderful idea.

TwynnB, I can't imagine trying to work with a 5½ year old along. Good luck! By the way, I never quilted until a little over a year ago but ended up addicted after I took a basic course.

Cottage, I hope you continue to feel better as the day goes on. Enjoy the school concert. Good thing Amber's is NEXT week as you probably would not have made it last night.
Old 12-11-2008, 08:45 AM   #9  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

Morning, girls! We got snow!! This is the first time I've seen snow down here.

Jen, I love your new avatar. Your kids are adorable. Kudos for getting them both to pose and smile...I can't accomplish that with one! He thinks smiling is roaring at the camera *shakes head* Hope your DS' morning was better today. I feel you on being harried this season, it seems more stressful this year than in years past. I don't have any gifts wrapped yet nor do I have the baskets made for my friends and relatives...oy. Looks like something we need to get done this weekend!

Ruth, Beautiful quilt. In time I'll learn how to quilt, they just amaze me!

Cyndi, drive careful in the storm!

Cottage, hope you feel better! What a bad time to come down with the flu!

Schmoo, you're such a great friend! She is lucky to have you

Tywnn, enjoy your day! Computers and cartoons come in very, very handy sometimes.

Had an interesting time at the repair shop yesterday - DH got in the car and noticed that the steering wheel was turned 90 degrees to the right when the wheels were straight and that the steering wheel wouldn't lock....told the owner who commented that the mechanic who worked on it wasn't "detail oriented" - I say blind and dumb. Tomato tomahto, right? Good news, it's fixed and back in the driveway!

We also got the bookcase returned and a new one bought. I also bought a new pair of "sensible" shoes. A pair of Born maryjanes to replace my maryjanes that I've had for 2 years that are slowly starting to fall apart because of all the moisture. These borns should hold up better.

Today, I want to get a few batches of cookie dough made. They need to be chilled overnight. I have to dry the two loads of laundry from yesterday and put away the stuff that is already finished. I vacuumed the floor yesterday, but didn't have a chance to mop - I guess that will be moved to my to-do list today.

Last edited by zeffryn; 12-11-2008 at 09:14 AM.
Old 12-11-2008, 09:09 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 144.4/137/120

Height: 5

Morning Chicks, a little nippy out there this morning but it's not "doing" anything. Hope all of you that are getting something stay safe!

Long day yesterday with the 6 hour drive to get DS, didn't time it very well and hit rush hour traffic coming back through Indianapolis, but we made it back safe and sound.

Now catch up time at work today. Here's hoping we all have 5 minutes of calm today to take a deep breath.
Old 12-11-2008, 09:26 AM   #11  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Hiya chicks! We are under a tornado watch til noon with severe thunders torms makin the way thru.

Zeff the snow is beautiful, can you bottle some up and send it to me

Ruth i love the quilt! reminds me of my grandmother who always made quilts and such for us for christmas

Hope everyone has a safe and warm day
Old 12-11-2008, 10:14 AM   #12  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Fast peck-in here...there are tons of students and I have SO much to do to plan my appetizer party tonight (I invite some friends and neighbors over to help me make the appetizers for our big holiday open house this weekend).

As for the weather...we live an hour west of B. The news says that we'll be getting 3-9" west of B this afternoon. That's a big range! Who knows, maybe we won't get anything? Snow's magical, but it kept a ton of friends from my appetizer party last year...yikes!

Hope you all have a wonderful day and stay grateful, warm, and happy!
Old 12-11-2008, 10:48 AM   #13  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Ruth - love your quilt and also your new quote.
Cottage - hope you feel better today.
Schmoodles - glad your friend is feeling better. Must be hard on the kids.
Cyndi - drive carefully. Experience makes us more cautious of bad weather.
Twynn - you are indeed fortunate to be able to bring your son to work.
Zeff - Snow? how many accidents will there be today. Glad you have your wheels back.
Stephanie - hope you get your 5 minutes.
Gonnabe - I have never experienced tornado watch. Keep safe.
Beachgal - I'm 2 hrs from B.(if you mean Buffalo) but we don't get the lake effect where I am. Have fun at your appt. party tonight.
Me - cleaned everything up this morning and waiting for a neighbour to drop by. She gets organic eggs and is bringing some over . DH had a very restful night and feels better.
Have a good one chickies
Sophie
Old 12-11-2008, 10:57 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Morning, ladies! Quick stop-in for me. 3 more days in the office this month and I really have a lot to get done.

I hope you're all doing well! The scale is going down, but I'll get the official word on Friday.
Old 12-11-2008, 11:08 AM   #15  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning Chickies,

Quick flyby for me, super busy as I am sure everyone else sounds like at least

Ruth love love that quilt.

Everyone have a great day today.
Closed Thread