Old 12-10-2008, 11:47 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 200/168/165

Height: 5'8"

Default Poor Oprah.

She is not one of my favorite people and in my opinion she has really started slipping off reality. I feel really bad that her weight has went back up again, especially since every time she finds a new weight loss strategy, she brings it to the world, only for the world to watch her fail. I fully believe she is trying fill a avoid in her heart that only God can fill. It breaks my heart to see how she has turned away from Truth. I hope she will soon figure out that she cant rely on her on strength to get her through life but to rely on Gods. No amount of money, food, weightloss, charites and anything she else she searches for in this life to bring her joy, will ever replace the need for God. She really needs prayer

Mandy
willow650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 12:20 AM   #2  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

Let's do that: that is ... pray for Oprah, as she has done a lot for many other people and will continue to, with guidance and wisdom from up above. Let's also pray for her spiritually as well; it sounds odd to say "Poor" Oprah, but no amount of money or fame can make you happy and content. We have to remember that she's human just like us, and needs understanding too.

I have tried many different diets; this old bod likes to play tricks on us all the time. It's a struggle no matter who you are. A little bit of stress and change can cause a lot of problems with our weight; I'm still trying to eat healthy and not fall into old bad habits of munching, which is my nemesis. I also have physical challenges that interfere too, so I have to battle them as well; and try to find some kind of balance. It's hard to focus on weightloss when you are in pain, for instance; but each of us has our own walk.

Yah, and the thing with a weight problem is that it's out there for everyone to see and criticize; and she is in the public eye all the time (her career of choice) to boot. Plus she tries to share this with others, but it may not work well for her in the long term. I give her credit that she keeps trying though.

I haven't watched any of her shows lately, as we don't have a hook-up right now becuz we just moved to a new place. We had an antennae at our old place; but here we have nothing; lol! And, from our initial investigation, it's getting very expensive here for cable and satellite, but I will be sending up some prayers for Oprah anyways, for sure ...
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 10:18 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

As a dieter I have been right where Oprah is lose, regain. lose. regain, etc. It's an old refrain for many dieters. Even when we are successful at the losing game it is sooooo easy to fall into old habits. It is a struggle. In my experience losing the weight is the easiest part, keeping it off is where the real battle begins.

Last edited by bargoo; 12-11-2008 at 10:20 AM.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 04:11 PM   #4  
to better health

Just goes to show that Oprah is human, like the rest of us. From what's I've heard her say, she has never lost her faith in God, and has used the insights of Bob Greene and others as a tool given to her from Him.

I like the idea that we can pray for her - that's something money can't buy, and I've added her to my list.
Marlene On A Mission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 07:53 AM   #5  
model wannabe

S/C/G: 230/230/130

Height: 171 cms

lol you make her seem like she dosen't know God .How do you know that for sure.As for the rest of your words i really liked them just the God part didn't beleive it.I think what's going with her is when someone think of all the others and in the process loses him/herself.i also agree that what she's doing is compensatory to fill a void.No one is perfect.
looloo86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 12:02 PM   #6  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

A close relationship with God, does not correlate with a slim body. The myth that overweight folks are trying to fill a "void" in their life is, for the most part, utter garbage. There are people of healthy habits, and of unhealthy habits who are empty inside - and the same is true for those close to God.

People are overweight for countless reasons, and the idea that you can assess the life and soul of a complete stranger, from a few hours of watching them on television is absolutely ridiculous.

There are certainly celebrities whose lives indicate a much more disturbed personality than Oprah, but I have no right to speculate or comment on the conditions of their faith either. The only relationship with God that I have a right to judge is my own.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 08:31 PM   #7  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

BARGOO ~ I agree completely, as I have lost hundreds of pounds (in total, I'm sure) over and over through the years; and never seemed to find the secret of how to keep it off. Life would happen, and that means, various things, like KAPLODS says, and the weight would slowly, but surely, come back on. It is very frustrating and something I'm still trying to understand and change, as I'm sure OPRAH is as well.

KAPLODS ~ I have always thought that OPRAH believed in GOD because she said she does (I used to watch her show regularly many years ago); and I haven't heard that has changed. I agree that we cannot and should not judge her, and/or discern things about her completely based on a TV show (I feel that about many TV people). We can only go by what she says.

I have always admired OPRAH for all the good work she does for others: that shows good character; and a caring and loving spirit as well. Her actions speak volumes to me, for instance "her Angel Network". I have prayed for her in the past and will continue to do so, simply because I think we all could use some, now and then ...

ROSEBUD

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 12-12-2008 at 08:35 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 08:37 PM   #8  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

I have heard Oprah refer to God and how she understands him on countless occasions. I am not a huge Oprah fan either and very rarely watch her show anymore. I would also agree it seems as though she has slipped off from reality. I have read before that these folks we put on pedestals--those that seem "bigger than life," have a very difficult time finding people to truly identify with. If she has ballooned to 350 pounds or something, I might think she had some deal with her weight. Honestly, I don't think 200 pounds is a huge deal. It means her priorities shifted.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 10:29 PM   #9  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

I am not a big Oprah fan but I am not against everything about her either. I do feel sorry she has had such issues with her weight, it can't be easy for her....she has nowhere to hide!

I have seen her show enough to know that she says she believes in God. She also feels we all have the same God....this cannot possibly be true.

This is the God I believe in....

Of God

(St. Louis: Concordia Publishing House, N.D.)
[Adopted 1932]

4. On the basis of the Holy Scriptures we teach the sublime article of the Holy Trinity; that is, we teach that the one true God, Deut. 6:4; 1 Cor. 8:4, is the Father and the Son and the Holy Ghost, three distinct persons, but of one and the same divine essence, equal in power, equal in eternity, equal in majesty, because each person possesses the one divine essence entire, Col. 2:9, Matt. 28:19. We hold that all teachers and communions that deny the doctrine of the Holy Trinity are outside the pale of the Christian Church. The Triune God is the God who is gracious to man, John 3:16-18, 1 Cor. 12:3. Since the Fall, no man can believe in the "fatherhood" of God except he believe in the eternal Son of God, who became man and reconciled us to God by His vicarious satisfaction, 1 John 2:23; John 14:6. Hence we warn against Unitarianism, which in our country has to a great extent impenetrated the sects and is being spread particularly also through the influence of the lodges

Now Oprah does not believe in my God. She does not believe that Jesus is the only way to Heaven.

This is very easy to prove...if you google oprah and God you can find all kinds of actual television footage of her and her beliefs.

More power to Oprah for all the good things she does for people all over the World....

but she is very scary in her preaching for her followers....very-very sad
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 10:45 AM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by looloo86 View Post
lol you make her seem like she dosen't know God .How do you know that for sure.As for the rest of your words i really liked them just the God part didn't beleive it.I think what's going with her is when someone think of all the others and in the process loses him/herself.i also agree that what she's doing is compensatory to fill a void.No one is perfect.
Because she doesn't know God, not the 1 true God. I guess some of all haven't heard about how the God she learned about in Church, cant be the real God because of the phrase "God is a jealous God" her first thought was "God is jealous of me?" Its sad that she did get the God is not jealous of us, only what we try to put in front Him. She denies the Biblical Gospel of Jesus Christ said he cant not be the only way to God. She is into all New Age spirituality, which is a false religion so yeah, She doesn't have faith in God. When you take God out of the space He should be in you, you know you are missing something and until you know what that is, you try to fill it up with earthly things and it just isn't possible.
Old 12-13-2008, 10:47 AM   #11  

EZ, i didnt read your post before I posted mine, thanks for the added info.
Old 12-13-2008, 11:25 AM   #12  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

Whether Oprah has a personal relationship with Jesus Christ or not, really wasn't my point. My point is that using a person's weight or struggles with weight as an indication or reflection of that relationshp is inaprropriate.

As to her religious beliefs, Oprah is a talk show host, and while she might hold a little more authority in some peoples' minds, she's no more a religious authority than Paris Hilton, and anyone taking their religious beliefs from a talk show host has a screw or two lose.

The danger is in ascribing judgement on a person's soul based on their struggles, particularly something as superficial as body weight. Christians are not exempt from struggles of any kind.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote