Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 12-10-2008, 10:05 AM   #1  
Becoming myself

S/C/G: 294/233/180

Height: 5'9"

Default May I contribute?

I don't know if I can really be considered a "Maintainer", since I'm not really maintaining a low weight. If I can't just let me know.

My story: my history is long, back to being 8 or 9 years old and gaining rapidly. I gained, lost, gained more all through my teenage years. I was in a car accident when I was 21, and lost weight. I lost a total of 83 pounds, then maintained that for 1 year. The regain started when I found myself in an abusive relationship and I regained 114 pounds, putting me at my highest weight ever (my S weight here). It has since stopped (both the regain and the abuse) and I have lost 61 pounds so far.

I've been hovering around this weight--within 5 pounds of it--for the last 6 months. I've had a couple of bounce-ups, but I've brought them right back down. I'm in therapy and have recently uncovered that I really don't WANT to lose any more weight right now. I certainly don't want to gain, but I'm still working on inner demons that are holding me back from losing more. Someone on a thread in the Support Forum suggested that I not try to make myself do what I don't want to do (what a concept) and focus on maintaining this weight right now until I get my mental stuff a bit more sorted. It's good practice, right?

So here I am, if you'll have me!

Last edited by sidhe; 12-10-2008 at 10:06 AM.
sidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 10:52 AM   #2  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Everyone is welcome!!

I lose count but I am well into my 4th year of my weight loss journey. My method has been lose, maintain, lose, maintain. For the past year, I've been mostly the same weight although juggling around 10 lbs.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 12:20 PM   #3  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Someone who has lost one pound and is working on keeping it off is a maintainer...you're definitely welcome!

You may or may not be ready at some point in the future to tackle the rest of the weight, but regardless, on getting to -this- goal and your tremendous progress so far.

Join us in the accountability thread!
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 12:34 PM   #4  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

It doesn't matter where you stop. You can maintain at any time - the object is to not gain, right?

Join in and help hone your skills, anything you learn now to maintain is something you will use for life!

Last edited by fiberlover; 12-11-2008 at 03:53 PM.
fiberlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 02:06 PM   #5  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

I think you CAN really be considered a mantainer, because - you are!! Without a doubt. Like Amanda mentioned, each and every pound lost, is one which we never want to see again. We most definitely want to maintain it. Not go back the other way. I'm so glad you're here.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 03:44 PM   #6  
Chuggin' along...

Sidhe, of course you're welcome here! Ditto what everyone else has said - maintaining any type of weight loss, even if you think you have more to lose, is still maintenance! Welcome and congratulations on your accomplishments.
Megan1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 07:05 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 05:57 AM   #8  
Meg

Like the wise chickies all said, everyone's a maintainer once you've lost one pound. We're delighted to have you with us!
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote