Old 12-07-2008, 02:43 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 231/165/140

Height: 5'5"

Default Question about dinner....

So I'm trying to find stuff that is healthy that both my kid & husband & I can eat. This is supper, it's in the crock pot now..
I took boneless chicken breast and cooked it all day in light marinara sauce w/ garlic, peppers & onions. I will put this over whole wheat egg noodles (yolk free). This is a healthy supper right? I did my dailyplate on it and it came out to be a total of 560 cals for a serving... Now, assuming I control my portion size, is that a healthy supper? It seems like it taste way to good to be good for us... Thanks!
Extasee58865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 09:16 PM   #2  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

That sounds healthy to me, as long as there isn't too much sugar in the marinara. Sounds easy too! I'm all about making it easy and not having to prepare a different meal for myself than the family. I may try to make that myself
ronni62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 08:37 AM   #3  

Oh, it was soooo good! I love my crock pot, I love the fact that I can just throw stuff in there & leave it all day to cook to perfection! I have def started using it more since I've been trying to eat healthier. I love to cook meat in it, it just falls apart!
Old 12-08-2008, 10:24 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

Height: 5'4"

Sounds pretty good to me. I make something similar except I used a can of diced tomatoes (I like chunky tomatoes!).

Maybe throw a few chunky veggies in there as well ... some diced up zucchini or stuff like that.

PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 10:25 AM   #5  
needs constant reminding

S/C/G: 164/maintenance since 8/08

Height: 5'4"

another vote here for the crockpot!
kittycat40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 10:51 AM   #6  
Workin' It

I've got to learn to use my crock pot... Had it for years and never used it...

Extasee, that sounds great. How long did you let that cook for? Stupid question, the chicken goes into the crock pot raw, right? Do you have to put in extra liquid or just the chicken, sauce, veggies? I might add a can of chunky tomatoes, so that would add liquid...
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 11:34 AM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannon in ATL View Post
I've got to learn to use my crock pot... Had it for years and never used it...

Extasee, that sounds great. How long did you let that cook for? Stupid question, the chicken goes into the crock pot raw, right? Do you have to put in extra liquid or just the chicken, sauce, veggies? I might add a can of chunky tomatoes, so that would add liquid...
Just throw all the stuff in raw, i also added a can of tomatoe paste and set the crock pot to low. Let it cook for about 4-6 hours. Cook your pasta and then put the sauce over the pasta, it's soooo good! If you cook it in high, you can prob cook it for 3 hours.
Old 12-08-2008, 10:38 PM   #8  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

I've been using the same crock pot for over 30 years. Got it as a wedding gift and I use it all the time.

Your supper sounds good and healthy. I'd probably add veggies to the sauce or have a salad with that too.
retiredone is offline   Reply With Quote