Old 12-05-2008, 02:45 PM   #1  
Starting Over...

S/C/G: 256/ticker/156

Height: 5' 9"

Angry About stretch marks...AHH!!

So, for anybody that has had the awful "priviledge" of getting these things badly...I'm not talking about just a few, but cat claws all up your sides and belly and wherever else they decide to be... Do they ever get better?? I got horrible pregnancy battle scars with our first son. They have faded after almost 4 yrs, but they still bother me tremendously. I know that many women just accept them and stuff, but I can't. My second pregnancy left me with no new ones, but the first pregnancy pretty much done enough damage...looks like I should have about 5 kids!! When I lose this weight, is it going to look better or am I going to have terrifying saggy stretchy skin? Will it ever be tight again? Is it possible for my belly to look good again, without surgery!? I can more or less deal with the marks, but the sagginess is what really really scares me. I need some encouragement~! Help!!
aangel22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 02:57 PM   #2  

Height: 5'9"

I have them HORRIBLY on my gut. They don't go away, just fade a bit.
luvja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 03:12 PM   #3  
I'm a khaleesi!!

S/C/G: 260/188/130

Height: 5'3"

I should post pics of how bad mine are. They do not go away, and they do not shrink either. My belly is so gross. Sorry to dash you hopes.
ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 03:17 PM   #4  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Hey, I am sorry but I don't have good news to share. When I was fatter, I didn't notice them as much. I think because I wore granny panties and I couldn't see beyond my middle (looking down at it.) Now thinner, my stretch marks are much more noticable I find. Not so much the color but the way my shrunken skin looks obliterated with the cat claws. I would love for them to go BYE BYE. They will probably be the one thing that will keep me from ever being in a sexy swimming suit again.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 03:31 PM   #5  
Starting Over...

S/C/G: 256/ticker/156

Height: 5' 9"

The marks never go away, but does your skin get tighter at all? Or is it just going to be extra skin sagging forever?
aangel22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 03:57 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 226/141/126

Height: 5'4"

^ thats what I'm wondering..^

And, I too have/had bad strechmarks from pregnancy.. But even though they don't go away, they arn't pink or red anymore.. they are more white now.. so they are a lot less noticeable..

One thing I was wondering is... I can feel my strechmarks.. is that normal/common??
mudskippersgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 04:04 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 226/141/126

I'm thinking that for the most part our tummies will get tighter... From pregnancy or not, look at other women who have lost tremendous amounts of weight, they look pretty good to me

And I know that Ali Vincent hasn't had any kids, but look at her tummy transformation...
mudskippersgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 04:06 PM   #8  
diosa

S/C/G: 216/157/124

Height: 5' 3"

For stretchmarks that are already starting to fade to white, there isn't really much you can do about them. I use bio oil and it has done amazing things for my stretchmarks that are still that purple pink color. I wish I knew about that stuff years ago, then I'd have less noticeable stretchmarks than I do now. I heard bio oil doesn't work for everyone, but it works for me.
Robot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 04:17 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 182/ticker/145

I am 23 and never had any children, but I gained 60lbs when I was in the 8th grade and got horrible stretch marks that are with me until this day. The have faded, but they both me to no end. When I first got them, i thought they were dirt marks, and i kept trying to wash them away, if it was only that easy. I have never accepted them and I never will.
amandarose17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 04:25 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 182/132/135

Height: 5'7"

I don't have a very good answer regarding the stretch marks. I was really lucky that I didn't get any with my pregnancies, but I do have a few on my hips and thighs from gaining too much weight in law school to quickly. Those are almost invisible at this point, thin white lines.

However, the skin on my tummy and hips, etc. is returning pretty close to normal -- I believe it is really a mix of your age and your heredity plus making sure you work out and get REALLY good nutrition even in maintenance. I was a lot more saggy in my tummy even a month ago, but my tummy is pretty close to perfectly flat now -- except for a teeny pouch above my C-Section scar -- and even that seems to be getting better and better...and I am probably a good ten or more years older than you. Age will be your friend.
Schumeany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 04:26 PM   #11  
Stepping Up

S/C/G: 228/ticker/160

Height: 5ft 9.5

stretch marks are simply natures way of showing a womans bodies journey. i dont sweat mine one little bit x learn to love them!
PrettyPaula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 04:56 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 207/212/155

Height: 5'9

I have them bad on my thighs, stomach, love handles and upper arms. Mine have all faded to white though. I got them when I was about 14 or 15 when I put on a lot of weight. The ones one my stomach dont bother me so much, but my thighs and arms yes, because I don't feel comfortable in tank tops and swim suits.
stellarwbz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 06:56 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 317/317/140

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudskippersgrl View Post
One thing I was wondering is... I can feel my strechmarks.. is that normal/common??
I can feel mine so I'm going to assume it's normal.
Brandyc100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 07:04 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 170/Ticker/124-126

Height: 5'3"

Ive had 3 kids and i do have stretch marks on my tummy, boobs and love handles.. i mean they do kind of fade in color where it looks like theyre burns or something.. but honestly they do not bother me at all.
jahjah1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 07:41 PM   #15  
Feelin' Sassafrassy

S/C/G: 317/271/165

Height: 6'0''

Does anyone's ever itch in the spring and summer time? When the temps get wacky my stretch marks itch like the dickens.

However, mine also look like I should have about 5 kids. I have had them for as long as I can remember boobs, thighs upper and lower stomach, knees inside my arms. I will never wear a bikini because of them. Mine have gotten smaller and lighter in color with the more weight I lose, so even though I hope that they will "go away" I know they won't completely. I have almost accepted them as battle scars of my weight loss journey. I can always look at them and say "I know what I used to be and I never will be there again"
Bee20nine is offline   Reply With Quote