South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 12-05-2008, 06:15 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default TGIF Chat!

....and I think I'm first in this morning. An ambulance was across the road and the flashing lights woke me up. I didn't see if they took my neighbour with them when the left but will get the news later, no doubt. That sounds pretty callous but this guy was not a great neighbour - a bit of a scary nutcase who actually was charged with burning buildings about five years ago. Those were exciting times with vigilantes in the village every night.....NOT!

Yesterday's Disney interview went well and the reporter took some pretty good pictures. I hope I can get copies. She stayed and stayed and we covered a lot more subjects than the stuff for the article. Jazz spent most of his time flirting with her and she took pictures of him just for fun.

It was a really busy day with Donna here in the morning, Claire in for a tea and a consult about the Christmas hampers, Holly delivering some wine I'd ordered and then Margaret the Reporter here all afternoon. I still have not finished wrapping those gifts that just HAVE to go to the P.O. this morning.
I think I need to go into overdrive for a day or so and get caught up.

There's no big event this weekend so I plan to relax and enjoy myself with the Doggage. We do The Hanging of the Greens in Church on Sunday and I have a coffee cake to make for that but may do it and freeze it today to clear my Saturday.

OK, Ruthie, off your butt and get with it! but first.
Old 12-05-2008, 06:31 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Morning!

Your life sure isn't dull, is it, RUTH? Seeing ambulance lights first thing isn't a very pleasant way to start the day, but I hope the rest of your day is good one. Does Disney have a swelled head after all that attention from yesterday? I hope we get to see the article or at least some pictures.

I have the morning off, but that's because I'm working late this evening. But the girls and I will finally have time to work on our gingerbread village, and Audrey, especially, is looking forward to it. Last year we had it down to a science, so it should be a snap!
Tomorrow is our community children's Christmas party, and we plan to take Amber and Tyler over. I hope Carley is able to make it out here for it, too. Afterwards, we're going to make our gingerbread house. I think I'll even let Tyler help decorate it. I must remember to put a couple of old sheets on the floor under the table.
Old 12-05-2008, 06:34 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

No, my life is never dull! When I get old, remind me to become a hermit!

Your day sounds very Christmassy and loads of fun. Enjoy!
Old 12-05-2008, 07:29 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning all!

Ruth - go, go, go! I kinda like the hustle and bustle of the winter season .

Cottage - My son (5 1/2) reallllly wants to make a gingerbread house. I've never done one, and haven't decided if I want to try it with him....might be a little TOO interesting!

Me - yesterday was a bit slow at work, so I got some Christmas shopping finally started! I feel overwhelmed at all the things I need to do!!

Today I start late at work (2 pm), so I have an appt this morning, and a good work out first. Maybe a stop at the pottery/art place for another christmas present?!

Enjoy the day, ladies!
Old 12-05-2008, 08:13 AM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Chicks

Ruth - You are in constant motion! Hope you get Saturday off

Cottage - Will you share pics of your gingerbread houses? It always sounds like so much fun.

Twynn - the late Thanksgiving does make everything seem extra hectic this year. Enjoy your morning.

Well everyone is fed and settled here for now I've got to drop my car off after breakfast which will force me to get a walk in. Figured I'd make the most of it and bring my binoculars because the christmas bird count is in 2 weeks and I need to start scoping spots out.

I'm still having these 95% on plan days which just isn't enough to bring the numbers down. I've got to be more committed or I am going to have a sad January 1. The worst part is it's that mindless stress eating. It's almost always late afternoon and it's just reflexive though I don't stop even if I think about it.

Well for now I'm off to enjoy the sunny, not too cold morning.
Old 12-05-2008, 08:52 AM   #6  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

Ruth - Busy Busy Busy! Enjoy your weekend off!

Cottage - I LOVE Gingerbread houses. I've been contemplating getting one for our family this year. Have fun with the girls.

Twynn - there is something about this time of year that makes everyone feel overwhelmed. Take it easy! Enjoy your workout.

Cyndi - Have a good time on your bird watch/walk. If there is anything that we can do to help with the afternoon stress eating, let us know!

-
Tonight is the Festival of Lights. Our niece is an irish dancer and is performing in one of the shows. It is supposed to be cold tonight, but we don't want to miss her performance. It is likely to be a quick visit though, as DH has been working on some practice tests for the LSAT and he needs to get to bed early. He was upset last night because he got 2 wrong on one of the practice sections composed of 25 questions. I have to keep reminding him to not over analyze the questions!

still have a sick baby. Poor little man can't sleep through the night because he can't breathe very well.

Sunday is our day to work around the house, so I've been gearing up for that. I want to get everything that we've put off done - nursery put up, baby clothes washed and put away, figure out what goes in storage and bring it there, etc. It will be nice to finally be done!
Old 12-05-2008, 08:54 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 144.4/137/120

Height: 5

Ruth I don't believe for a minute you could live the life of a hermit!

Cottage Have fun making those gingerbread houses, what fun!

Twynn doesn't it feel good to atleast be started on your shopping? I know until I buy that first gift I always feel like I am never going to get done in time for Christmas. Enjoy your morning.

Cyndi Glad everything went well with DP's surgery.

Me it was a cold start to my morning, for some reason I had no heat in my car and of course didn't have any gloves with me. I'm still trying to thaw my fingers! Guess DH has a project tonight!

I'm not even going to try to anticipate what today holds at work because everytime I do, I am wrong!

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 12-05-2008, 11:13 AM   #8  

Height: 5' 7"

good morning everyone super busy at work so just stopping to say
Old 12-05-2008, 12:03 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 160.5/158/135 for now

Height: 5'0"

Just stopping by to say hello before I hop on the treadmill and then clean up my house! The joys of my life never cease to amaze me.

Also hoping to take the little kids to get Christmas gifts for their big sister while she's at school, but we'll see how that goes.
Old 12-05-2008, 12:09 PM   #10  

I got Brian's first gift yesterday (trading card pages to hold his merit badge cards) and some candy as a stocking stuffer. If I get out of work on time today I might try to get the origami paper he wants.

I'm in the office today. The day always seems to drag a lot longer from the office.
Old 12-05-2008, 12:50 PM   #11  
beachin'

Question for anybody, really.

Our landlord isn't doing his job - we've been here for two months and there are things that still need to be fixed. I don't want to withhold our rent because then I will give him a course of action against us. He was supposed to show up yesterday to fix our severely leaking sink (which DH has wanted to fix, but the LL won't tell him where the water shut off is) - DH told him about the sink two weeks ago, and then again when we turned in our rent. I have a 10 qt. bucket that I have to empty at least once a day (usually twice). This is just the first in a long list of things that need to be completed. DH left a note on his door today after trying to find him saying that it was imperative that the repairs be done promptly before the baby is born and if he cannot agree to having them fixed soon, we'll hire someone to fix it and take it out of our rent.

Another of my concerns - there is only one exit to this place. Seriously. One door. Tons of windows, but we recently realized that none of them open. I'm concerned because this is a huge fire hazard. I've been trying to get some answers online about what the building code regarding this is, but haven't had much luck. Anybody have any idea?
Old 12-05-2008, 01:07 PM   #12  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Hi Zeff-

Can you find any info about LA tenant laws online? In Vermont if the landlord doesn't fix something after you've asked you have the right to have it fixed and deduct the expense from rent. As far as exits you should call the fire marshal/inspector and have them check it. That way it's not you telling the landlord what you think, it's someone else enforcing the law.

Sorry you're dealing with hassles in your new place
Old 12-05-2008, 01:41 PM   #13  
beachin'

I'm afraid that if we cause a stir, our lease won't be renewed in April....how I would hate to move.

It looks like the same laws apply to tenants here as in VT. I don't want to have to pay for the things that need to be done because they are the LL's responsibility (they were there when we moved in and they are caused by damage and wear and tear from previous tenants) but to get it done, I would almost be glad to. I don't want pounding and our bathroom floor ripped apart with a two day old baby.

There are other things that alarm me - about a month ago, we noticed mold on the ceiling of our bedroom. The part of the ceiling is spongy and I could poke my finger through it. We told the LL about it and he told us to bleach it...without even looking at it to make sure that it wasn't something more severe. Bleach may kill the mold, but even dead spores can be harmful to our health. I don't even want to think about what this may do to our children and if it does cause a health problem, I will want the man's head on a platter.

I'm hoping that the LL comes when we're gone to fix this stuff - if he comes tomorrow when DH is gone, I don't know if I'll be able to be nice to him. He always comes with a million excuses in tow...I just want this done!!
Old 12-05-2008, 03:26 PM   #14  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Hi everyone. Home two days now with a back injury from volleyball on Wednesday night. Lower right, sends pain into my sciatic nerve and thigh, then up the right side of my back and down my right arm. Accidentally turned wrong and cracked my lower back awhile ago, though, and it seems to be feeling a bit better now. Gonna keep taking muscle relaxants anyway, though.

Everyone ready for the holidays? We're not! It's so crazy here! I have to do a facial tonight, then tomorrow I think we'll decorate the tree. I still have a last-minute gift to get. Not to mention getting the picture TAKEN for our Christmas cards!

Well, should probably go lie down and address envelopes with the heating pad on my back. Have a good one girls!

Lisa

Last edited by weezle; 12-05-2008 at 03:27 PM.
Old 12-05-2008, 06:19 PM   #15  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Well, I have sent everything off. My daughter's parcel went off with a promise of a three day delivery and a parcel to a friend in Montreal (we have been friends since we met in grade one) is gone too.
I baked some cookies and have to confess that I had three, they tasted so sweet. That is it until... well, if you bake you have to have a nibble, what is something tastes bad?
Tomorrow, I start cleaning this house and a few decorations go up. I don't know if our tree will go up. I kept mine up till the end of February last year because my then 6 month old grandson came to visit. Seems like yesterday that it came down.
Sorry no personals but its so late in the day. I am thinking good thoughts for everyone though.
Sophie
Closed Thread