Old 12-04-2008, 09:14 PM   #1  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Default I'm tired, but not giving up.

Hi Friends,

Just checking in for an update. I haven't been posting for a while. I've been lurking everyday, but it's time to come out and get serious again and get to know some of you a bit better.

Some of you know that I recently began working a new job position with my employer. I absolutely love the type of work I'm doing now, but I can't believe how swamped I am! I'm usually on 3FC frequently during the day, but I don't have much time for anything these days. I work for a major healthcare administrator and this is open enrollment time for 2009.

Unfortunately, I've not been planning ahead and having healthy meals. I've just been grabbing whatever is quick and convenient. And, there has been no exercise to speak of. I hate that I'm doing this to myself. I must confess that I've grown weary of struggling to get my head straight about my health and my weight. I don't know that staying on-plan and exercising will ever be a lifestyle or habit for me. I do well for a bit, then I'm right back to where I started. I haven't made a 100% effort to lose weight and get healthy for several months. The only good thing I can say is that I've maintained a 30 pound loss for over a year. Unfortunately, I've not made much more headway since then. This morning, I noticed that my knees were a bit stiff and sore again, my hips are looking a bit more pronounced and my clothes are more snug. I must stop this now...someway somehow! I can't afford to wait for a New Year's Resolution.

My plan: this weekend I will make menus for the week of easy on-plan meals. I will re-create my safety zone within my home by removing all junk/sugar/crapola that no one in my family really needs and that serves as a roadblock for me. I will dust off the treadmill, drag out the exercise clothes and get my rumpus moving again.

That's my plan and I'm sticking to it. I refuse to give up. Not this time.

Last edited by GirlyGirlSebas; 12-04-2008 at 09:17 PM.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 09:20 PM   #2  
Choosing with every bite.

S/C/G: 212.5/182/155

Height: 5' 7"

Good for you and it's good to see you back. It's tough when you're really busy and easy to fall back into old habits. Good for you for realizing you're slipping and taking those first steps back on track.
WebRover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 10:44 PM   #3  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Glad you are back! I know you can do this Rhonda!!!!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 11:22 PM   #4  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

I am so glad that you are back!!! You can do this. You can.
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 11:48 PM   #5  

Height: 5'5"

Rhonda, congratulations on 30 lbs lost and maintained! To me, that is proof that some of those good habits must be sticking.

I'm sorry to hear that you feel worn down by everything that's going on in your life. Maybe it's time to switch up the routine a little, simplify and find the things that make you excited to be healthy again? It's natural to get bored of the same old thing after a while.

I dunno, I haven't quite mastered this weight loss thing yet either, but I am glad that you're sticking around.
JoyfulVegGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 01:09 AM   #6  
career counselor a-gogo

S/C/G: HW:~330 325/ticker/145

Height: 5'7

Glad to hear you are toughing it out - congrats on maintaining your loss and it sounds like you nipped a gain in the bud.

I have a crazy schedule somedays too - What I do is try to eat breakfast and then I take apples and granola bars with me. If I can't find a healthy choice I use the fruit and granola bars to tide me over until I can stop and get something healthy. Sometimes that means I don't get to eat a real meal until I get home at night.

It's better to pack a lunch, i'm sure, but I find the "emergency stores" I carry in my backpack helps keep me on track.

Hang in there!
rodeogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 05:27 AM   #7  
Senior Member by the Sea

S/C/G: 275/175

Height: 5'6"

Meal planning and getting the crapola out of the house is a great way to get back to it.

Congrats on your 30 lb maintain!
Farseashore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 06:01 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi Rhonda - this sounds like a really good plan. In the world of weight going up and down - maintaining is a good thing, too. Yes, I know you'd rather your weight have gone down....but, it will.

Starting a new job/position is stressful. Sounds like you're into the new routine and you can learn to fit the time and effort into healthy living too. I know you CAN do this, friend.

I love when you post. You are always so supportive to folks. We appreciate you and are cheering you on!
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 06:55 AM   #9  
Tai

S/C/G: 272/111/Maintaining

Height: 5'4"

Stay strong Rhonda; you can do this! Great job on maintaining your 30 lb loss.
Tai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 08:17 AM   #10  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

Rhonda,

You should be proud of yourself. You have maintained the 30 pounds and have made a plan to go from here.

Way to go!
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 09:09 AM   #11  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Rhonda...you have kept 30 lbs off!! That is such an awesome accomplishment!! Certainly nothing that I have ever done!!

A lot of what you said really rang true for me. I can hear myself saying the exact same things. It's time for me to get serious too. I have been here forever, but haven't gotten much done.

Glad your back!!
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 09:28 AM   #12  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

GirlyGirl,

I am so glad you are back and pulling yourself up by your own bootstraps. You have been successful in the past and you can do this. I agree with the other poster as far as simplifying. I find this to be a diet strategy as well. I have quit stressing myself about the stuff that doesn't really matter. I replace all that "stuff" with time for me--time to work out, time to eat the right things and time to be gentle with myself. Once I really began looking at my own life I knew there were things I could toss (some people too, lol) so I did.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 09:34 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 254/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Rhonda,

great steps! Glad you like your new job...you are doing awesome and demonstrating that it is not about perfection...it is about persistence.
Pandora123a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 10:45 AM   #14  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

I'm glad you're back! I missed you!
fiberlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 01:48 PM   #15  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Good job, Rhonda. You are taking control. I am inspired by you.
I've been slacking... lurking, not posting... getting sore knees and hips... and funny how my pants are shrinking...

I'm glad you posted. It reminds me that this is the weekend I need to make some changes. (I'm turning 45 this weekend... do I really want to keep putting this off until I'm 50????)

You've done well in the past, so I know you can do it again. You are strong!!!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote