General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 12-04-2008, 04:38 PM   #1  

Height: 5'4"

Default Bloating can cause women to temporarily gain five to eight pounds

Here is one article I found from News USA:

(NU) - For most women, getting on the scale every morning can be an exercise in frustration. They’ve eaten well, they’ve spent hours in the gym and still the needle wobbles in the same spot with little to no fluctuation.
And while age, genetics and metabolism certainly play a part in a women’s ability to lose weight, experts say there may be more involved.
According to statistics, 72 million women in the United States suffer from bloating, or a general swelling of the abdominal area. Women can feel full and tight around the stomach area and even gain weight due to bloating.
But one company is doing its best to aid women in their weight-loss efforts.
“Bloating can cause a temporary weight gain of five to eight pounds,” says Gina Broccolo, co-founder of Integrity Health Products and developer of a supplement that combats bloating. “It is its own beast, and nothing can kill a woman’s confidence like feeling bloated.”
Broccolo started her crusade to help women eliminate bloating because of her own weight-loss frustrations. She tried diet after diet and found success in an internal cleansing and detoxifying program that resulted in a weight loss of more than 75 pounds.
However, even after her significant loss, Broccolo still found herself feeling uncomfortable after heavy meals. Since then, she worked with a medical doctor to formulate Beat the Bloat, an all-natural supplement that addresses all of the major causes of bloating.
Containing a combination of dandelion leaf, green tea, peppermint leaf and asparagus root extract, it relieves the discomfort of bloating, improves digestion, helps to eliminate gas from the intestines, rids excess retained water from the body and increases gastro-intestinal motility.
Besides taking a daily supplement, experts say that women can take other steps to combat that feeling of fullness, such as drinking eight glasses of water a day, which flushes the system of toxins, avoiding alcohol in the evening and exercising, which raises the body’s metabolic rate and flushes the system. Controlling salt intake helps, too.
For more information on Beat the Bloat and other ways
to eliminate bloating, visit
www.beatthebloat.com.
belezura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 12:22 PM   #2  
One Pound at a Time

S/C/G: 190/149/150

Height: 5'6"

I'd be interested to hear if anyone tried this and if it seems to work. It sounds harmless enough but I never like to try these things until I hear some unbiased reviews!
OnceUponADrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 12:27 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

Height: 5'4"

Everytime I hear/read the word "detox" my red flags go flying high.

Honestly to me, this:
Quote:
Besides taking a daily supplement, experts say that women can take other steps to combat that feeling of fullness, such as drinking eight glasses of water a day, which flushes the system of toxins, avoiding alcohol in the evening and exercising, which raises the body’s metabolic rate and flushes the system. Controlling salt intake helps, too.
... sounds like every scam diet pill out there on the market. If you do all these healthy things (oh yeah, and take our supplement) you'll lose weight / not bloat.

Uh huh. And who's to say that it's not the healthy stuff that's keeping you from bloating, and not the pill you're shelling out $$ through the nose for.

There is nothing magic about any of those ingredients that prevents bloating or helps you to not retain water. You wanna try it? Get some peppermint green tea from the grocery store and have a cup every day. Buy dandelion tea from the grocery store and have some. Eat asparagus.

You'll save yourself $$ and probably get the same benefits (if there are any).

I dunno. Color me skeptical when it comes to magic pills. I just don't think they exist.

PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote