Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 12-04-2008, 01:25 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Default How about earrings?

I like hoops. My favourite are white and yellow gold together. But I should experiment a little. Some of that chunky rough cut gem stone bead stuff is really a nice colour shot.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 01:35 PM   #2  
it's always something

My absolute favorite pair of earrings are handmade "saddle hoop" earrings that I bought on Etsy. I love them so much that I'm considering buying a second pair just in case something happens to the first

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php...ng_id=17633467

EDIT! The earrings above are great, but this are the ones I bought
http://www.etsy.com/view_transaction...ion_id=9865879
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 01:39 PM   #3  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

I make most of my earrings...I'm particularly digging chandeliers right now...they're ornate and festive and very fun to bead. I also make some simple beaded earrings, usually to match some necklace or another.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 01:39 PM   #4  

Ooooo I can see why you like them. Nice!
Old 12-04-2008, 01:40 PM   #5  

Oh Amanda! I've collected up stuff to make them but never have. Got pictures?
Old 12-04-2008, 02:16 PM   #6  

I like all kinds or styles, but my favorite/most comfortable for phone work is leverback - they dont pinch. So lightweight, I have to feel for them to make sure they are IN my ears!!!
2fat2bphat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 02:20 PM   #7  

Height: 5'9"

I like big round silver hoops, they go with a lot of different outfits. From casual to dressy.
luvja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 04:06 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne 3FC View Post
My absolute favorite pair of earrings are handmade "saddle hoop" earrings that I bought on Etsy. I love them so much that I'm considering buying a second pair just in case something happens to the first

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php...ng_id=17633467
Suzanne,

I love these! They look kind of heavy, and my ears cannot tolerate heavy earrings. Are they?
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 04:18 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 182/132/135

Height: 5'7"

I am sort of boring in this regard. I wear a pair of small diamond studs pretty much every day -- jeans or business dress. I figure a woman can't go wrong with a pair of diamonds, and with small children with grabby hands, they are practical as well.

However, for REALLY dressy events, I like small, delicate dangly earings -- preferably with some sparkle.
Schumeany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 04:21 PM   #10  
Stepping Up

S/C/G: 228/ticker/160

Height: 5ft 9.5

i have silver and crystal tunnels in both my ears.
PrettyPaula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 04:23 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Talk about boring. I don't wear any earrings. When I was in middle school, I had each ear pierced twice and LOVED having all sorts of pretty earrings. Then I developed keloid cysts that eventually got so large I couldn't put a post through and have it come out the back side. My parents took me to my Dad's ancient GP (seriously, he had to have been 80 at the time) and he decided that the best thing to do is to cut out the cysts. Of course, that developed more keloid cysts. By this time I was in high school and was seeing a dermatologist for my acne and he noticed the cysts and started injecting them with something (I can't remember what now) and they disappeared. Why oh why couldn't my parents have had a better doctor look at the problem? In any case, I can't re-pierce them and the small scars that remain make it too painful to wear clip-ons.

I wear bracelets instead.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 09:21 PM   #12  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

I'm with Schumeany - I have a pair of 1 carat diamond studs that my Dad got me for my 21st birthday that I wear every day.

I'll change it up for a special occasion, but for the most part, you'll always see me in those earrings.
zeffryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 11:15 AM   #13  
it's always something

Quote:
Originally Posted by walking2lose View Post
Suzanne,

I love these! They look kind of heavy, and my ears cannot tolerate heavy earrings. Are they?
They are not heavy, but they weigh more than the ones I usually wear. The wire is thicker than I've ever had, which was very noticeable the first few times I wore them. It was worth the adjustment to me because they go with everything

Whoops! I posted the link to the wrong earring. I didn't get the saddle hoops, I bought the saddle earrings. Bigger

She doesnt have any in stock, but here's the image from the ones I bought http://www.etsy.com/view_transaction...ion_id=9865879
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 11:25 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

Height: 5'4"

I'm also boring, but not necessarily by choice. I cannot wear anything but sterling or gold - my ears get infected otherwise. I've tried every possible type of surgical steel, protectors, etc., but anything that's not a pure metal (or close to a pure metal) makes my holes bleed. Even the cheap sterling silver that blended with other metals can cause a reaction. *bleah*

So I have a fairly limited assortment to choose from.

My standard pair of earrings that I wear every day is a pair of small silver hoops with a sort of chunky southwestern design cut into them. I also have several pairs of gold hoops in various sizes, and some stud earrings as well. I have one pair of Mikimoto pearl earrings that my DH got me to match my mother's pearls and I wear those on special occasions and I have one pair of sapphire and diamond earrings that match my engagement ring that DH bought me on our 5th anniversary - and I wear those every now and then as well when I'm dressing up.

Other than that, I'm a very boring earring person~!

PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 11:34 AM   #15  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Height: 5'3

I mainly just wear my diamond studs. But I do branch out into the dangly kind. I like anything long and funky.
Shopaholic1204 is offline   Reply With Quote