Old 12-03-2008, 12:15 PM   #1  
I know I can do it.

S/C/G: 193/ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Talking A trick for losing 40 pounds before Saturday... haha...

Okay- 4 years ago I was dating one of the most attractive men I've ever seen. I'm not married to him, haha, we had a lot of differences, but he was so attractive. Like, gap model hot. And we didn't date for a long period of time, just a couple months, and honestly I don't even remember our break up. We really didn't click as a couple. Also, although I was teetering between 128 and 130, he was skinnier than me! It made me feel really self conscious all the time.

Well, he's contacted me and wants to see me on Saturday. He was in Korea for a couple of years and so he's having a reunion thing with more friends than just me, but he specifically invited me saying he wants to see how I'm doing.

I'm embarrassed because I'm like, 40 pounds heavier than I was last time he saw me! And I mean, the last time he saw me i was STILL bigger than him hahahaha

I'm married now, I have a kid, I am SO happy with my life. Why do I feel so nervous about seeing him this weekend?! I'm a little embarrassed and I don't want to talk to my husband about it because I don't want him to think it's like I'm planning to cheat on him or anything, it's nothing like that- I really have no desire to be with this guy or anything like that, I'm just embarrassed to see him looking the way I do. When he, more likely than not, is going to be gap-model-hot-skinny-man still. I'm debating not even going.

HAHA Am I CRAZY?! hahaha
carcar05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 12:24 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 317/317/140

Height: 5'3

Oh I know that nervous feeling! Don't worry though. You are happy in your life and you love your husband. If you convey your happy and confident feelings then what you look like shouldn't matter. PLUS you never know he may just have lost all his hair and have a beer belly sticking out from under his GAP shirt...hehe
Brandyc100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 12:37 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 135/132.5/125

Height: 5ft4in

I agree with brandy I do think, however, that your hubby needs to know.JMHO.

Have fun! And I'm curious, how big was this guy to have been smaller than a 130lb woman?!?!
Kataclismic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 01:02 PM   #4  
starving artist

S/C/G: 161/157.2/135

Height: 5'7"

ok starters, yeah you prolly dont want to keep it from your husband that your going to the reunion, just bc it sounds sneaky, especially if he finds out, and thats the last thing you want to portray.

second, i know exactly what you mean. it has nothing to do with being attracted to him anymore. for example, i might possibly see an ex over xmas time. and it's been 2 years since we've seen each other. and let me tell you, this guy was my first real big time love, ya know. granted, i love my current bf, but i'd still want to appear attractive to the ex. it's human nature.
stellart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 01:08 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 258/ticker/135

Height: 5'3

If it was me I wouldn't go. I'd make up some busy excuse. I mean, what do you have to gain by going vs. not telling your husband and putting yourself out to be judged. Kudos to you if you get the motivation to go. Braver than I'd be!
Melody2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 01:21 PM   #6  
I know I can do it.

Super sorry for the miscommunication- My husband knows I'm going, he's probably going to go with me because he has never met this guy and my friend invited my husband to come too. I just feel silly that I'm so nervous about it and my husband is like my confidante, he's who I talk to about everything, I don't want to talk to him about how nervous I am to see this guy because I don't want him to feel like there's some ulterior reason why I'd feel that way. I know he trusts me 100% and for good reason- there's no reason not to trust me. It's just that I feel like it's a silly thing to bring up with him, that's why I'd rather just talk about it here.

Haha, but thanks for watchin' out for me, girls
Old 12-03-2008, 01:23 PM   #7  
starving artist

ahhhhh right right right. yeah that makes sense to not want to talk about it with him. i'd handle it the same way, honestly.

and as far as going or not going, i'd have to go. the curiosity alone would kill me.
Old 12-03-2008, 01:38 PM   #8  
I know I can do it.

Brandyc100 - haha, I doubt he has a beer belly hahahahaha

Kataclismic - He was really small, hahaha just tall and skinny. One time he & I went jean shopping together and he wanted to try on some girl jeans just out of curiousity to see what size he was. I was a size 10 (a baggy 10 haha) at the time so I suggested a size 8 - they literally fell off of him. I was so embarrassed hahahahahaha he was more like a 4! Shortly thereafter we quit seeing eachother. haha

Stellart - Yeah thanks for seeing it my way lol I will have to go like you said, the curiosity is just too strong. I just wish I wasn't so nervous!

You girls are all so funny, haha
Old 12-03-2008, 01:44 PM   #9  
Lazy runner deluxe

S/C/G: 168/142/142

Height: 169 cm / 5'7''

Have fun! I think you should definitely go - if you don't you'll stay curious about how it would have been. And you can always leave when it's no fun. And I understand that you would like to look like you did back then. However, he'll have to do with what he sees now. You're great the way you are!

I hope you have fun
Elwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 02:15 PM   #10  
You Will Get There

S/C/G: 316/316/200

Go with your hubby and have a good time. Your husband doesn't need to know everything (as far as how nervous you are about meeting him again) because he might not understand why you are nervous. Remember men do not think along the same lines as we do on some things. It is understandable to be nervous of the unknown, so meditate/relax yourself before you go so you can be "calm, cool and collected."
erricah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 02:18 PM   #11  
starving artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by carcar05 View Post
he was more like a 4!
Old 12-03-2008, 02:57 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/130

Height: 5'1"

Was this guy Asian? Seriously most of my guy friends are Asian and they are the tiniest people I swear!! It bugs, especially when you're trying to fit into Japanese label fashion clothing and they don't fit cause their version of a large is like a size 10 >.> I just dropped from a 24 to a 20. So yeah, I know how that feels, sitting next to a guy that wears a size 4 >.< I have a guy friend that has to special order his pants cause he can't find any his size. He's not unhealthy skinny, he's just Asian >.< *******.

Anyway! I think you should go, show him how happy you are if anything!!!
JRockSoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 03:27 PM   #13  
Abe's Mom

S/C/G: 196/142.8/125

Height: 5'4"

go and have fun---- besides the suspense is obviously killing you if you came on here to ask our opinions--- i would totally go besides you're going with hubby
princess2323 is offline   Reply With Quote