Old 12-01-2008, 08:14 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 132/126.5/115

Height: 5'5"

Thumbs down eating when bored

Do you guys ever get lazy and just don't feel like doing anything? Like right now there are so many things I could be doing.. I have 3 tests this week, my room is a mess, and I could be exercising. However, all I want to do is EAT! Do you ever eat when you are bored? How do you stop yourself?
coolgirl1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 09:39 PM   #2  
back in the game

S/C/G: 311/180/170

Height: around 5'10"

Oh yes, bored eating is my specialty too. I try to distract myself by finding something to do but I admit, it doesn't always work!
futuresurferchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 09:41 PM   #3  
Working my way back

S/C/G: 169/158/130

Height: 5'6

As I'm sitting here fighting the urge right now!
I can totally relate, I eat when I'm board
and when I'm tired, and stressed, and sad, and happy......
niclyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 09:42 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 188/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

I've been struggling with this all day today and yesterday. I work at a country club and we're only open now when we have events, which means there's tons of catered food. We really don't do much except make drinks and pick up plates so I've been munching hardcore. I haven't had this problem since I started eating healthier in September, so I'm really having a tough time. Luckily I only work there for less than 2 more weeks!
kelli32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 09:56 PM   #5  
I will do this.

Thanksgiving triggered a binge for me!

I got done with my show and I had a great time and I totally was spot on with my eating during the whole entire run of the show (including going to dinners...etc) and since Thanksgiving and the show ending I have just done crazy!

I have finals coming up/papers to due and another audition coming up and I just can't seem to stop to shovel food in my face!!

UGH I need to stop it now! But I have so much more time on my hands now that the show is over I am just eating!

How do you stop it?
Taylor86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 10:17 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 170/Ticker/124-126

Height: 5'3"

I usually just drink alot of water to fill me up
jahjah1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 10:25 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 317/317/140

Height: 5'3

Eating when I'm bored is a HUGE issue with me! I have found that if I keep my mind and hands busy I don't eat as much. I have taken up crocheting because I have noticed that when I'm busy doing that I don't have the urge to eat. Also if I read I tend to not have the urge to eat. Sometimes I give into the urge but I try to pick healthy choices. Tonight I had a 100 calorie bag of kettle corn an apple. It actually filled me up and I didn't feel horrible after I consumed it
Brandyc100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 10:33 PM   #8  

brandy: someone else on here said they knit or crochet and I've always thought that would be a great idea. One problem: when I was really little my mom or my grandma, I can't remember, showed me how to crochet and I did it, all the time, I started off with pot holders and started making sweaters. I can't even fathom the thought of crocheting one more thing in my life. I think once I move into my new apartment I'm going to start making a quilt. I made one for my grandma a long time ago when she was confined to a wheelchair to keep her legs warm, just a small lap quilt, it was pretty fun. I may do that and just handsew most of it instead of using a sewing machine.
Old 12-02-2008, 10:35 PM   #9  
Keep on keepin' on!

S/C/G: 204/202/135 or less

Height: 5'2

I can sympathize. Boredom is a huge hunger trigger! Especially anything salty or chocolaty!
I find if I just change what I am doing or find another distraction it goes away.
Late night munchies seems to be my new bad habit these days.
the maine lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 11:02 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 317/317/140

Height: 5'3

Kelli: You sound like you are great with the crocheting. I'm not that great but I know I try! I think making a quilt sounds like a lot of fun. I know my grandmother used to make quilts but I was never smart enough to ask her to teach me. Another thing I like to do is cross-stitch. I'm hoping to also learn how to knit. Wow as I type this I kinnda feel like an old lady...lol.
Brandyc100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 11:35 PM   #11  
Pure American Metal

S/C/G: 245/see ticker/145

Height: 5 ft 7.5 in

LOL! It's not old lady at all. When my son was born my best friend crocheted a blanket for him and it's his all time favorite.

My sister and I were just discussing her crocheted afghans on Thanksgiving and I was pouting because it's been ten years since I'd done it and forgot every stinking thing.
TXJess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 12:30 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 230/221/150

Height: 5'7"

I know EXACTLY how you feel! But I wonder if you're eating because you're bored or if it's because you have a lot of stress. What helps me is making lists of things that I need to do and tackle one thing at a time, which helps with the stress. Also, get out of your house! Take a walk or study at the library (you can't eat there) or go window shopping or see a movie. If you stay at home stressing, you're going to keep eating. It's good to tell your brain that you have other options that eating.
LadyPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 07:42 PM   #13  

brandy: my mom has a huge quilt rack with quilts from my grandmother all the way back to some great great grandma's and aunts. I never asked my grandma how to make a quilt but I just bought a book that shows you how. They have ones that tell you how to sew or hand stitch them, my experience is that the sewed ones last longer but I think it'd be more fun to hand stitch one.
Old 12-03-2008, 07:52 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/130

Height: 5'1"

I used to drink water and chew gum. I'd read, play Sudoku, a video game, just something to keep my mind occupied. Suddenly I'd realize that I'd completely forgotten that I wanted to eat cause I was bored!

I've also heard that when some people get bored and they want to eat they brush their teeth. Ever try eating something right after you brush your teeth? Doesn't taste too good
JRockSoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 12:05 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 132/126.5/115

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXJess View Post
LOL! It's not old lady at all. When my son was born my best friend crocheted a blanket for him and it's his all time favorite.

My sister and I were just discussing her crocheted afghans on Thanksgiving and I was pouting because it's been ten years since I'd done it and forgot every stinking thing.
I want to learn how to crochet!!!!!! How do you learn?
coolgirl1014 is offline   Reply With Quote