Pregnant - Nursing Diet support for the pregnant or nursing chick!

Old 12-01-2008, 02:37 PM   #1  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

Default December Preggos!

Hey gals! I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. My level 2/gender ultrasound is on Wednesday and today seems to be going by sooooo slow. I'm sure tomorrow will be even worse!
modkittn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 09:20 PM   #2  

I will be 31 wks pregnant by this friday and i have another u/s tommorrow and i cant wait for it to get here either,,, so disapointed when they scheduled me for the late afternoon,,, as i am sure the whole day will feel like forever

Expecting to have my daughter the last week of January by scheduled c-section!!! Hoping the time between now and then goes quickly.
Jayme31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 12:10 PM   #3  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

35 weeks now, Friday will ring in 36 weeks.

The nursery isn't set up yet!! I was hoping that DH and I would be able to do it this weekend, but he's taking his LSAT on Saturday and we always have lunch at his parents on Sunday.

Maybe some night this week...it is getting too close!

I've had some bad experiences with babies in the past week. Thanksgiving eve, my friend had her baby whose liver was growing outside of the body - when the surgeons were packing everything back in, they kinked the intestine causing internal bleeding and she passed away just a few hours later. Last night, my cousin who was 22 wks pregnant with twins had her water break. She had to deliver the babies and their lungs were just too underdeveloped and they were unable to save them.

It truly is scary!
zeffryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 02:34 PM   #4  

Well I had my level 2 scan today and it is a very healthy baby girl!

zeffryn those stories are so sad
Old 12-04-2008, 07:23 AM   #5  

I just found this site. I'm 6 weeks pregnant yesterday. I'm having a hard time eating, nothing sounds good. i'm hoping to lose weight in the pregnancy not by dieting but just not by overeating. my sister in law gained 75 pounds while pregnant. i haven't had any morning sickness just no real desire to eat. any advice?
bittersweetbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 08:49 AM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bittersweetbabe View Post
I just found this site. I'm 6 weeks pregnant yesterday. I'm having a hard time eating, nothing sounds good. i'm hoping to lose weight in the pregnancy not by dieting but just not by overeating. my sister in law gained 75 pounds while pregnant. i haven't had any morning sickness just no real desire to eat. any advice?
You should really discuss this with your doctor. It is extremely rare for a doctor to recommend losing weight during pregnancy, and even if a woman is overweight the doctors will usually recommend gaining a smaller amount of weight than the normal recommended amount. Trying to lose weight while pregnant can effect the development of your baby.
Old 12-04-2008, 09:14 AM   #7  

Depends on your size and your doctor....i was told by my doctor that she would be happy if i lost some weight instead of gaining any...

I am also over 300+ pounds, so this is why...At 31 wks, i am up 1.8 pounds now...baby is active, completely healthy and the pregnancy has been normal so far. I`ve lost and gained a few pounds back/forth and when i gain the doctor isnt too happy..

Its normal for overweight ppl to not gain as much, if any weight and still have a normal healthy pregnancy..

Its been easier for me to eat better and excercise knowing that the little life inside me depends on it.

I gained 40+ pounds with my first born over 9years ago!! every pregnancy is different. Whats most important is to eat enough and eat healthy things!
Jayme31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 09:17 AM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayme31 View Post
Depends on your size and your doctor....i was told by my doctor that she would be happy if i lost some weight instead of gaining any...

I am also over 300+ pounds, so this is why...At 31 wks, i am up 1.8 pounds now...baby is active, completely healthy and the pregnancy has been normal so far. I`ve lost and gained a few pounds back/forth and when i gain the doctor isnt too happy..

Its normal for overweight ppl to not gain as much, if any weight and still have a normal healthy pregnancy..

Its been easier for me to eat better and excercise knowing that the little life inside me depends on it.

I gained 40+ pounds with my first born over 9years ago!! every pregnancy is different. Whats most important is to eat enough and eat healthy things!
It is hard to give general advice to people without knowing their stats (she didn't post her height and weight) so I opted for the general case I'm surprised your doc gets mad when you gain any weight, even 2 pounds?!
Old 12-04-2008, 12:17 PM   #9  
Proud Mom of 6

S/C/G: 290/290/160

Height: 5'2"

Hi ladies...I hope that everyone had a great Thanksgiving. I ate way too much and was way to lazy, but what can I say. Blood pressure has been creeping up on me and so they are adjusting my meds again. I am measuring 3 weeks bigger and this baby is in my ribs - other than that not much going on here. Just trying to get things ready for the holiday. I am hoping that will make things go by much quicker.

modkittn - congrats on your baby girl...how exciting! You are going to have so much fun picking out all the fun girly stuff. We have another ultrasound scheduled for the 15th, but Joe won't let me go by myself - he is afraid that I will find out what this baby is and he really wants it to be a surprise. I don't think at this stage I want to know either. I have waited this long what is 7 more weeks.

zeffryn - I am so sorry to hear about the babies, that is so sad. Your family and friends are in my thoughts and prayers. I can't imagine losing a child. That would have to be the worst thing in the world. Don't feel too bad - we don't have hardly anything ready for this baby either. My "baby" is 8 so baby stuff in this house is long gone. We are slowly gathering our stuff, but I really need to get on the ball. 36 weeks...I am so jealous.

jayme31 - looks like we will be having our babies about the same time - I am due Jan 28th, but my son was 10 days early and my daughter 7 days early, so I am hoping to shave at least a week off. It sure seems like there is a baby boom on girls right now. Everyone I know has either had a girl or is having a girl.

bittersweetbabe - congrats and welcome. I felt that exact same way for about the first 14 weeks, but I had the pukies too. It will pass, just hang in there and stay hydrated. Soon the cravings will start and you won't be able to pass up food.

Everyone take care and I will be back sooner this time...I promise!
lovinlifex2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 12:32 PM   #10  
beachin'

DH is taking his LSAT this morning. I sometimes wonder if he's ever going to be done with school. He graduates on the 20th with a PhD in pure mathematics.

About a year ago, his father offered to pay for law school and pay for our family's expenses during law school if he would take over his (very successful) practice when he graduates. It seemed like much too good an offer to pass up. DH is still interested in teaching math and is in the process of writing homeschooling curriculums for higher math education.

I just don't know how happy I am about him starting school back over - having homework again (he hasn't had homework other than grading in almost two years) and late study nights.

Ah well, this too shall be over before I know it.

I told DH that I was done having babies after this one until he was absolutely done with school!

Baby is very active today - kept me up last night. He is so low that it is hard to walk at times!
Old 12-08-2008, 04:15 PM   #11  
Going goal.

S/C/G: 316/ticker/140

Height: 5'6" & 3/4"

I have my second ultrasound on the 19th (gender). Very excited about that one! They definitely won't have a problem seeing as for size.. I'll be 23wks. They didn't want me to go until I was a least 22 *shurgs*. Started feeling kicks about a week ago.

zeffrin - It's very sad about the babies.. I'm sorry to hear that

Last edited by pixiefalls; 12-08-2008 at 04:17 PM.
pixiefalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 07:15 PM   #12  
beachin'

Pixie - it's possible to see as early as 16-17 weeks, but most places won't do it until later to ensure that it will be possible to see. No sense in doing it twice, ya know?

I begged my doctor to do one at 17 weeks so I could tell my parents when we visited....it took a lot of begging and convincing

Congrats on feeling the first kicks - they are so wonderful. Is this your first? I felt them quite late with DS1 but with this one, I felt them around 14-15 weeks. Maybe I just knew what I was looking for?
-
DH feels he did well on the LSAT - that type of test is right up his alley. Considering he only missed two questions total on his GRE, I would be surprised if he did poorly. Unfortunately we won't know for sure for three weeks.

Last edited by zeffryn; 12-08-2008 at 07:15 PM.
Old 12-09-2008, 07:54 PM   #13  
Going goal.

S/C/G: 316/ticker/140

Height: 5'6" & 3/4"

Mmm true. That's why I'm glad I'll be 23wks though I really wanted to do it earlier than that but it's okay.. I can wait 10 more days! haha.

Yes this is my first. I wasn't sure what to look for with the kicking but I can definetly feel them now. My doctor told me a few women have came to her around 30wks pregnant and they didn't even know they had concieved. They had irregular periods all their life. That would be crazy to find out so late in the pregnancy for me.

modkittn- Congrats on a girl! Everyone keeps telling me I'm having a girl. *shrugs* We'll see!

Last edited by pixiefalls; 12-09-2008 at 08:01 PM.
pixiefalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 09:27 AM   #14  

Hey ladies! So Tuesday morning I woke up with the worst charlie horse I have ever had in my right calf. I'm still limping today from it, and it is still swollen and sore. A couple of people mentioned my potassium may be low, but I eat a banana every day. If my leg still hurts tomorrow I'm going to call the doctor. Has anyone else had this happen to them? Just curious.
Old 12-11-2008, 10:14 AM   #15  
Paleo-ish Girl

S/C/G: 255.5/174/160

Height: 5'6"

modkittn I used to get the worst calf cramps of my life. My routine to get them to go away was
1. Walk barefoot on a cold, tile floor to the fridge
2. Cry a lot
3. Eat a banana (potassium's supposed to help)
4. Drink a glass of milk (calcium's supposed to help)
5. Cry for a while
6. Gently flex my foot
7. Cry some more
8. Pray

Then, I wizened up and put an icy hot patch on each calf every night before bed.

-----------

My morning sickness has [mostly] subsided. We went through 3 rounds of the stomach flu as a family, and combined with the morning sickness, it was just...arg...barely ate for weeks. So now my appetite is back with a vengeance, yet I'm at that "don't look pregnant, just look fat" stage of showing.

We went out and bought a minivan last night. The 3 kiddos we already have are loving it, and there's enough room for #4. I already miss my little car.
Altari is offline   Reply With Quote