Old 11-30-2008, 12:15 PM   #1  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Default At home Support Nov 30-Dec 6 - Can I have a do over

Oh my chickies all I can say is I did so so well up until Turkey day then all heck broke loose! A gain of 3.5 pounds in three days! And the reason I know this is because I had a wi with my dr. on Wednesday afternoon then had my ww wi today.

I only hope it will leave as quickly as it came this week. I know this is only one week out of my life but boy did I make some bad choices and it shows.

So now that turkey time is over, black friday is done, what is next? This week should be filled with positive energy!

Lets do something different! Let everyone try one new ww recipe this week and post it here, it should be something quick to fix, ingredients most have in the house, less than 8pts, be filling and the family will eat...

well I am off to cruise through my low fat, and ww cookbooks
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 11:28 PM   #2  
Work in Progress

Well I am proud to say I stayed op all day and even earned 6 activity pts!..whoo hoo I am so hoping that the 3.5lbs will leave as quick as it came.

I have been going through the recipes here on the ww board and I never realized there was so much good food out there!

I also read the post about the new version of ww that is coming out. I am a bit confused so I am hoping that others will have some more insight and details, although the post covered a lot of ground!
Old 12-01-2008, 07:31 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 354/252/180

Height: 5'5

Hi everyone! I'm still here - between my 3 boys being sick, me being sick and hubby being sick, I haven't been OP or online much!

I obsessively weighed myself this month and fluctuated up and down a pound, with only a .2 lb loss for the month. It really upset me and made me so much less motivated. So my new challenge is that I will not weigh myself AT ALL - I weighed in this morning to get a baseline, since I record the beginning of each month, but no more weighing for me until Jan 1st (unless I get weighed at a Drs visit). This may be a challenge, especially since I tend to weigh myself 8-10 times a day - it's terrible, I know!

On the plus side, I did loose 5 inches in a month - 2 in my waist, 2 in my hips, and 1 in my neck. I also noticed my bras wern'e fitting right, so I had myself measured, and my band size went down 4 inched from July (To the immense satisfaction of my hubby, my cup size stayed the same )

Anyway I know those are great NSV's, BUT I wanted to see the scale move.

Oh well, I'm starting back in ernest on WW, I haven't been counting points or sticking OP like I should so here I go again!

Hope everyone has a great day - I'll catchup more with you all later!
texscrapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 09:12 AM   #4  

Well I definitely need a do over this week. Im up 1.2 pounds. Its heartbreaking when you get on that scale and you are up. Even though I knew I probably was going to be. Im hoping its a little retained water so it shouldnt be that hard to get rid of. I feel a bit puffy, I know TMI !
Well lets hope this week is better for everyone. Keep on Truckin!
AvsGirly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 09:17 AM   #5  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

I was +1 pound on Friday. It left me this morning. Thank goodness to be back down. I just enjoyed two egg whites, a tomato and a Lean breakfast pork chop--had coffee too.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 04:14 PM   #6  
Work in Progress

texs glad to see you back, and I am sorry your entire family have been down with the winter bugs...that is absolutly no fun whatsoever!!!!
And wow to stay off the scales, for you that will be a challange, for me I get scared and don't want to get on! For example Sunday's wi. I gained even more than the 3.5 since I weighted myself on the wed before and was down to 154.5 then on Sunday to be at 159.5 -- but the offical number was up 3.5

but hey I am down 1.5 so if I can lose what I gained in that week I will be happy

great job on the the loss of inches though, I can't say the same but if I lost any on my bust hubby would be there is not much there to see go LOL

AVS 1.2 is not bad LOL right now I would take it but I know what you mean this holiday really got to us all, even though I am sure we did not expect it to hit quite as hard as it did

Good job thighs, breaking even is good! And your breakfast sounded great

Last edited by nancylmrn; 12-01-2008 at 04:15 PM.
Old 12-02-2008, 12:20 PM   #7  
Work in Progress

Well just wanted to check in and say that I have been working hard on my exercise and staying op for the last two days and turkey day is starting to slid off the scale...I only hope that is all comes off by wi on Sunday.

I still have not had a chance to go find a new recipe for myself and the family but am hopeful. But time is always a factor plus I don't want to make a special tirp to the grocery store which always seems to happen

I do need to make some of that great taco soup tonight, it works great as a quick heat up lunch

I hope you all are having a good op day
Old 12-03-2008, 07:43 AM   #8  

Hi everyone! Hope everyone is well!

Nancy - Glad to see you again as well! I will look through the recipies and try one out - I am in a soup kind of mood so I will probably veer towards that. I am going to the grocery store today, so it's a perfect time to try something new!

I'll check in later - off to get the boys to school!
Old 12-03-2008, 08:16 AM   #9  

A do over! I love that title LOL

And yes, I need one too. I have been exercising this week, which is good. But I have completely stopped counting points. I am keeping it fairly light, but having at least one bad binge a day which clearly is of no help. I need to get re-motivated...help!
healtheeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 10:44 PM   #10  
Work in Progress

Well Chickies I did try something kinda new. there is a recipe for chicken pot pie but.....I did not have a bag of frozen veggies I only bits of bags so to speak..so I used a part of a bag of stir fry veggies, part of mix veggies, part broccoli and I did not have 2 cans of cream of mush soup so I used cream of chick and cream of celery LOL then as for the chicken..come on it was leftover turkey .....................anyway it was delicious! would I make it again --you bet!

now for the other stuff I am staying op this week even exercising but boy it is getting hard. I am trying not to stress to much over what I gained last week and when I look at my food journal I think the thing that really did me in was chex mix and wine...deadly combination. And so far I have only been able to drop 1.5 pounds since Sunday which is nothing to sneeze at but to have gained over 3 in 4 days...I have a lot of ground to make up.

I hope you all are doing awesome btw health hang in there, if you need some motovation try setting a new workout goal to push yourself one day this week. I did! I did my aerobics 17 min longer than last week. which actually gave me 2 more activitiy points

I will check in with you all tomorrow keep me updated
Old 12-04-2008, 08:25 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 189/184.5/150

Height: 5'3

So, I've been MIA partly because I didn't have internet between Friday and yesterday, and partly because I was sad that I wasn't doing so well. I'm glad I'm not the only one though, it's motivating to have other struggling, but still working hard and getting back on track! Thanksgiving wasn't too bad, but we moved Friday and Saturday, and ate out a lot, and I haven't been able to regain control yet. It's hard when my HOUSE is so out of control (in boxes) and when I spent two straight days in the kitchen unpacking it, and when I had no computer outlet to amuse myself. I was up almost 2 lbs Monday (my WI) but hopefully I can kick back into gear and lost some or all of that by next Monday. I still have time! I promise not to run away any more...
ctrsara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 09:53 AM   #12  

Hi there everyone - well, I am still not eating well. I think the cold weather is making me want to pack on the food.

I am trying a new WW recipe that I found - it is for tortilla soup - which I LOVE! I am tweaking it a bit, but will post the recipe if it's good. Back on points for today - HONEST!

Last edited by texscrapper; 12-04-2008 at 09:53 AM.
Old 12-04-2008, 10:04 AM   #13  
Work in Progress

sara glad to see you are back! And moving is so so stressful, try not to dwell on the gain. I am not and I did not have the stresses you had mine was just plan ole gluttney

texs I have never tried that soup please tell me how it turns out, I love southwestern food and don't know why I have skipped that recipe?

Well last night I worked out with my wieghts for the first time in almost a year (don't know what I was thinking) darn my butt is sore from doing the squats and lunges. I use the firm dvd 'standing legs' and realized I had to use very little weight and it is going to take me awhile to work up to just my 7lbs dumbells.

Given your knowledge chickies how would you work your exercise...how many days should I do the aerobics and how many concentrating on weights?, how many days of rest? I have to be honest I have never stuck to a exercise routine more than a few months but I would like to find somehting I can do and stick to like everyone else but I also know me and need to make it very ridgid.
Old 12-05-2008, 12:15 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 189/184.5/150

Height: 5'3

Nancy, from what I know, you can do aerobics every day, but you are supposed to rest 1-2 days between targeting body parts (especially with weights). Except for abs- you can do those every day if you want? Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but no one else had responded, so...

I am so excited! After two days of being "more careful" and one day (yesterday) of actually being on plan and drinking lots of water, I lost that two lbs, and am back to 167.5. So I could actually "lose" this week (though I already did) if I keep at it?!? Maybe it is still possible to get my goal... How is everyone's day going?
ctrsara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 10:42 PM   #15  
Work in Progress

Well I am still so sore today that I could not make myself workout but I know by tomorrow I will be back to normal. Unfortunately I splurged and drank wine these past two nights so I know that was not good. But I am hope full with the exercise I have done and staying op until the past two days....which I can say I used my flex points and still have some to spare I should be ok

Tonight I made the mexican casserole for dinner, black bean, corn, tvp, onion, ff sour cream, just a touch of low fat cheese, salsa and corn tortilla. I watched my portion control and kept it down around 5-6 pts. So even with the wine I am in a safe range for the day.

I hope everyone else is ok, I noticed that not many are posting this week here and that is ok. I like to post to keep me honest LOL

I have been reading over some of the threads in the flex part and am trying to follow this new version that ww is putting out with core/flex combined but I am afraid it goes right over my head at this point. I am hoping someone will put it in terms a 1st grader can understand.

well night for now