Old 11-30-2008, 02:02 AM   #1  
Joggernaut

S/C/G: 172/165

Height: 5'2

Default 20-sthg ACCOUNTABILITY thread

I just changed the title... here's my old post:

I can tell you exactly the points when I've had the most success since trying to lose weight in September: when I checked into the 30 Day Shred thread everyday and when I checked into the Biggest Loser thread everyday. It's too difficult for me to consistently do the Shred anymore and I think my BL team is too busy to check-in all the time... so I'm outsourcing!

I just want a place where I can post what I ate, how many calories, how much exercise, struggles I had, successes I had, etc. This last week for me sucked, I overate 4 out of 6 days, didn't exercise 2 of those days and while the scale really hasn't moved, I just did my inches for the week and I'm up EVERYWHERE.

So anyone else want in? I'll give this thread a try for a week and if nobody joins up I'll close it. It's just so important for me to be accountable and maybe that's necessary for some of you.

I'll confess my Saturday:
Started off good... went to the gym, did 25 minutes on the stairmaster and burned 330 calories! Climbed 2350 steps! Then I did 3 weight machines and especially pushed myself with the bench press.
Breakfast: Two hardboiled eggs (155 cal)
Snack: Some sort of Korean chocolate snack (150 cal)
Lunch: Ramen & cheese (455 cal)
Snack: Lots of jolly ranchers (100 cal)
Dinner: Nachos/beans/salsa & tortilla chips (500 cal)
Snack: 2.5 snack size things of Reese's Pieces (240 cal)
Total: 1600

I have to say I'm quite stunned I ate all that and it was only 1600 calories. Certainly was not the most nutritious day!

My plan for today is to go hiking + do a workout video. I also want to plan out workouts and meals this week so I'm eating under 1500 calories and burning more than 500 calories through workout a day. That will get me at least a 1000 calorie deficit per day, or at least 2 lbs per week. My body is nutty and doesn't like to let go of weight when it should. In fact, everytime the scale has actually dropped, it was after I overate and didn't exercise. As long as math if on my side, my body will have to catch up (ie drop lbs & inches) eventually.

I hope others will join me!
joyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 05:26 AM   #2  
Joggernaut

Ack, I hope my fears aren't be realized of finding nobody to be accountable to/with

Anyways, my Sunday was worse than I realized.
Today I ate:
Breakfast: Rotini pasta w/ tomato sauce, mixed veggies and black beans
Lunch: Tuna Pasta Salad, banana
Snack: Frosted Flakes, clementine, cheese & crackers
Dinner: Nachos (tortilla chips, cheese, beans, salsa and corn)
Total calories: 2050
Exercise: Hiked up a mountain and back down: Probably 30 minutes
DDR: 30 minutes, 300 calories burned

I think I totally underestimated the calories in the tortilla chips yesterday. I think they are going to have to be left out of my diet. I still could eat a whole bag of tortilla chips. Anyways, I think if I trade in the chips for some lettuce I can make a taco salad... with maybe just a few chips.

This week was really a wash. It's too bad, I really need to fit into my swimsuit for my Southeast Asia vacation at the end of January... one bad week is one less week to tone up/lose lbs. I guess I will have to work harder...
Old 11-30-2008, 11:32 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 160/160/115

Height: 5'2"

I tend to start out posting on things like this and eventually forget about them. But since no one else has joined yet, I'll start, maybe it will entice other (more faithful) folks to post!

I'll start out by just saying that the past few days I've eaten a whole week's worth of food, and I haven't exercised since Tuesday. Maybe now that I know I'll be posting it, I'll keep that all under control!
mayness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 11:39 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/120

Height: 5' 3"

Tortilla chips... yummmmm

Well, I did a jog/walk yesterday outside. Not the best idea - I'm sick so... the cold air made me more sick. I did just fine with food I think.
I had

mini-pizza from old chicago
2 glasses of wine
Pear
packet of oatmeal
2 pieces of toast with peanut butter
1 chicken breast

I said no to going out drinking with my friends - so that was a big success for me! Today, I'm going to work out, eat good - and take it easy. I need to get over my sickness!
garstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 12:02 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 230/181/160

Height: 6'0

I'll join. This past week has been a disaster for me as well. I don't know, sometimes i still get in the mindset of all or nothing. I knew Thanksgiving was thursday and i gave myself permission to be a little lax the rest of the week too.
Well, i'm back on track: I'll start posting today and update every night.
Bkfst: 4 pieces of turkey bacon, coffee and creamer, and a tiny square of cranberry bread
Lunch: ?
Dinner: Something with turkey I am thinking turkey chili.

W/o- Nothing planned but i am going to try and do the shred L1.
wantingtolose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 01:14 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 163/ticker/120

Height: 5'3"

I'll try this. I'm bad at keeping up with this but I definitely need some accountability. I've gained 12 pounds back that I lost (was 149, now 161)

I didn't start today out well. My husband made some Pillsbury cinnamon rolls--380 calories and 19 grams fat for one! And I had some coffee with creamer (45 calories)

I'm having issues with one of my knees and one shoulder. I really need to see a physical trainer, but I will work out as much as I can. I started the 30 days shred and loved it but I think it's bad for my knee right now.

Time to watch some football and resist beer and junk food! Wish me luck and I'll check back later!
katie3181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 01:25 PM   #7  

Hey guys, I'd love to jump in!

I started the morning off pretty badly with a grilled cheese and some pumpkin bread, but I'm planning on turning it around. I just got back from doing the C25K Week 1 Day 1 for about the tenth time. I've started it over and over and never made it past week one without quitting. It's so frustrating that I haven't stuck with it, it's not that I'm just too out of shape, I just can't commit to it! Therefore, accountability thread is probably the right place for me.

This month is going to be so hard for me! Tomorrow's my birthday, so tonight and tomorrow I will be besieged with unhealthy food and then my sister's birthday is next week and then it's finals and Christmas! Ouch!

Katie, I think we're in the same type of boat. I lost down to 166 over the summer, but now I'm back up at 182! It's so frustrating and I'm determined to lose it permanently this time!

Hope everyone who's sick / injured gets better!
Viatre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 02:21 PM   #8  

Viatre...We can do it! No time like the present to turn things around and start losing again!
Old 11-30-2008, 02:34 PM   #9  
Working my way back

S/C/G: 169/158/130

Height: 5'6

I would love to join...I was on the fast track to my goal, and got lost sometime this summer. Luckly I didn't gain too much back (about 5 lbs.) but it is time to get started again. Planning to be accountable starting tomorrow, because today is already a loss.
niclyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 03:37 PM   #10  
Joggernaut

I'm glad to have some joiners! I am just not a solo dieter. I like to enjoy the company of those around me and everyone around me is NOT dieting. ... so it's nice to have a group of people, online or otherwise, to commiserate with.

Happy Birthday, Viatre! Maybe you can try to focus some celebratory eating (and drinking?) to one meal for your birthday? I have a tendency to celebrate my birthday all week long, and consequently consume like two weeks of calories.
Old 11-30-2008, 04:02 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 204/184/145

Height: 5'5"

You could always join the weekly challenges joyra. We do the 5-Day OP challenge & the weekend OP challenge. We have to write down our calories, water & exercise for the day. That way we can keep each other accountable. You might enjoy it! Just a suggestion so you don't feel alone. =)
Chance0421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 09:54 PM   #12  

Thanks for the birthday wishes! I think I'll be alright on food, we had a celebratory dinner of fried shrimp and then ice cream, but I got the smallest ice cream and didn't completely pig out on shrimp, so yay! And then tomorrow the only possible meal that might be an issue is dinner, so that's good. It's just a little worse as some friends might bring candy for me at school!

How'd everyone do today? I was pretty much on plan, save for a second slice of pumpkin bread that I really didn't need...
Viatre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 10:43 PM   #13  

Today was not so good. I had it in my head that I was starting back tomorrow. I have this big calendar where I'll be marking off when I eat right and work out.

So my food for today:
Pillsbury Cinnamon Roll (380 cals)
Coffee and creamer (45 cals)
Homemade chili over whole wheat macaroni (400 cals)
A brownie (180 cals)
Couple pieces of licorice (40 cals)
Fritos dipped in sour cream (who know how many calories....too many)

So I went to the kitchen to reheat some nice healthy chicken I had made last night then I saw the Fritos...bad bad bad

So tomorrow will be better. I should be in a better mind set.
Old 11-30-2008, 11:17 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 230/181/160

Height: 6'0

I made cookies tonight. Why oh why did i make cookies tonight?
My son has been bugging me for weeks, and its a holiday tradition. we always do this, but i should have waited until i was more back on track, and in the right mindset. It did not go well. I had 5 peanut butter blossoms, not a HUGE amount, but sugar makes me sick so i feel like utter crapola right now. Ugh.
Tomorrow the cookies will be gone, out of sight and mind. My body will not be able to tolerate another crappy day of eating.
I am craving vegetables like something fierce. I'm thinking a nice veggie stir fry for lunch tomorrow, and leftover turkey chili for dinner. I need a sugar detox.
Well i'm off to drink more water, have a good night all.
wantingtolose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 06:22 AM   #15  
Joggernaut

Viatre -- mmm, pumpkin bread! Bread's not very popular in Korea, there's not a whole lot of wheat. As much as I don't care for Korean food, sometimes I am glad to be here to be away from all the temptations in America!

Katie -- oh even if you didn't eat the healthiest, all that food sure looked good! I probably wouldn't have been able to resist either.

My day -- my day has been PERFECT! Since my boyfriend and I "turned the TV off" (meaning we can only watch from 9-10 pm or watch like, CNN, which is hard to watch for more than 5 minutes), I actually went to the gym on a weeknight! I started C25K, even though I've done many 5ks and some longer races, I haven't been running in more than a year. I started with Week 2 since in 8 weeks I'll be off to the Philippines ... and hopefully lookin' good!

Exercise:
27 Minutes - W2D1 C25K
25-30 Minutes - BL Cardio Max Workout 1
Food:
Bfst - Tuna Salad
Lunch - K food... Seaweed soup, kimchi, spinach & mung beans, rice, tiny piece of cake (they always have cake on the 1st of the month... luckily it's 2-bite size)
Snack - Jolly Ranchers
Dinner - Banana, Ramen & cheese
Snack - Clementine
Total: 1335

I am thrilled with my calories in and thrilled with my calories burned. Can I have this much motivation everyday? Unlikely.... but I'll enjoy it while it lasts.