South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-23-2008, 12:50 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 236/234/165

Height: 5'10"

Default Do I have this right with P2?

Starting P2 on Monday and want to make sure I understand. I read the Emergency Handbook for Phase 2. So what I should do is stay basically on P1, but add one fruit or ww product at one meal, and eat that same food at the same time each day?
Like if I add a serving of ww pasta with dinner on Monday, I should have ww pasta for dinner each day until Sunday, and then add an additional new food at a different meal, such as a fruit for breakfast the next Monday. But continue the ww pasta at dinner?
I know I need to evaluate with each new food that is introduced. I guess I also need reassurance that I will still lose weight on P2. Between 1 and 2 pounds a week?
I hope this makes sense. Thanks in advance for your help!
TripMom
Old 11-23-2008, 08:44 AM   #2  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

I didn't use the same grain every day when I did P2...probably because I couldn't imagine eating pasta every day. I added a grain back and would just eat whichever grain I wanted at around the same time each day. I chose morning and usually would eat oatmeal (or a combination of different whole grains to equal a serving). The next week, I added some berries to my oatmeal.

You should be able to tell quite quickly which foods will work for you and which won't. For me, I can't eat ww bread that much. It doesn't fill me up and causes me to want another slice.

You will lose weight on Phase 2, but please do not get discouraged and discount SB if you stall a little. Everyone (on every plan) has had to deal with plateaus. If you hit one, there is tons of great advice available on how to get past them. Also, if you're a weigh every day person you may get discouraged because the weight will not be coming off as fast as in phase 1. Think of it like this, in Phase 1 you were losing water, in Phase 2 you're losing actual fat. Fat takes longer to come off than water. You didn't gain the weight overnight and you won't lose it overnight either.

Nobody ever said that weightloss was easy, sometimes it is a struggle. I have no doubt in my mind that you'll walk away a victor!

Good luck and make sure to check in daily to let us know how you're doing and if you need any help! We're always here to help.
Old 11-23-2008, 10:22 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

As usual, good advice from our Zeffryn! Keep us posted, OK?
Closed Thread