WW Food and Point Issues ...other than recipes

Old 11-21-2008, 04:35 PM   #1  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Default 0 pt progresso soup what if you eat 2 serv?

If you eat 2 servings of the progresso 0 pt soup (100 cal per serv?) would you count that as 1 or 2pts?

I just ate the garden veggie and it tasted great but not sure how many points to record in my journal

thanks
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 04:41 PM   #2  
Laurie

Height: 5'8"

Nancy - on the bottom edge of the container it should tell you how many points are in a full can. I'm pretty sure it's 1 point for the whole can.
chiquita623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 06:15 PM   #3  

Height: 5'7"

Or just figure out how many calories and how much fat and fiber is in the whole can by reading the nutrition label and multiplying by the number of servings, then putting that into your slider or points calculator! I think the whole can should be two points, but double check...
suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 05:02 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 170/158/140

At first I thought I could double the servings of 0 point items and still not have to count them, but using WW mobile I realized that having 2 servings of spinach = 1 point!!!! I wonder if I had 1 serving of spinach and 1 of carrots or something else, would I still be at 0 points or would it go to 1 (because it is 2 servings of a 0 point veggies)...
Shrinking Shrink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 08:27 PM   #5  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

Twice zero is not necessarily zero in WW. Also free veggies aren't really entirely free either.

When you have a lot of weight to lose, not counting the free foods often doesn't hamper weight loss even if you eat a lot of them. However, if you don't have a lot of weight to lose, or you eat more than a few servings of free foods daily, then it can add up quickly and could impede weight loss.

I've known folks to count everything. Others put a limit on free foods (say 3 to 5 in a day and anything after that has to be counted).

Make your choice, but be consistent, and if you face difficulties be willing to tweak. When I was a member, the leader stressed being the most careful with processed and combination free foods, especially the zero point soups because whether you make or buy them, they are often high in sodium, and often contain tomato paste and other ingredients like carrots which are free for one measured serving, but have to be counted in excess of that...

So count or don't count, but if you stop losing, you may have to reconsider being more strict.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 11:00 PM   #6  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Thank you all so much for the insight and advise! It has made me do some reflective thinking on 0pt foods and 'free foods' in my mind there is a difference.

for me I think to be consistent then I will count any two 0 pt foods as 1 pt unless it is a green veggie.
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 02:05 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 170/158/140

Wow... I don't know what I'm more amazed by... the amount of thinking I'm doing now about what I eat, or how much I DIDN't think about what (and how much) I was putting into my body!
Shrinking Shrink is offline   Reply With Quote