Old 11-20-2008, 12:07 AM   #1  
Wanting 2 b Smokin Hot!

S/C/G: 396/350/199

Height: 5'2''

Default do u feel guilty

do u guys feel guilty when u eat even if it healthy or not? like i do i cant get over it and lately i just dont feel like eating i never really get hungry any more. like the other night my mom made cheeseburgers on the grill n sweet potato (serv size) fries and a salad. i too 2 bites of the burger and just felt really guilty about eating it like i was doing something wrong. n i didnt finished itt al i ate was 10 fries n the salad. lol
CurvaceousCutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 12:09 AM   #2  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

i feel guilty if i am over my calories...i feel bad if i know that what i am eating is not good for me even if it is in my calorie range...but if its healthy and in my calorie range then i dont feel guilty maybe a little, if i am not hungry and just eating because its there
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 12:11 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 185/184/140

Height: 5'7

If it's healthy, I don't feel bad
If it isn't though, I do. Especially if I overindulge. I think the most important thing is not try to eat healthy and if we must have some unhealthy foods to try and take small portions instead of opting for the bigger, fatter versions of the foods that are our guilty pleasures.
Soccerplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 12:14 AM   #4  
=D

I don't feel bad if it's healthy and I don't overeat.

I generally make good food choices (except for the occasional protein bar or caesar salad bought from a store)... so when I eat, I think of all of the great nutrients and vitamins in my food - in my fruits, veggies, lean proteins and organic dairy products - and the benefits they are bringing to my health.

Of course, If I'm having a bad day and cave into eating crap - I do feel guilty, but I accept it, and think of how much I enjoyed the (chocolate/cake) thing that I ate. Plus, I don't fall off plan every day - the occasional treat keeps me sane.
mazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 12:15 AM   #5  
Queen Yo-yo

S/C/G: 185/169.2/135

Height: 5'4"

Well, it's one thing to feel guilty for overindulging in a ton of junk food. It's completely another to feel guilty anytime you eat ANYTHING.

If you felt like the burgers were too unhealthy for you as a meal, then maybe it was necessary for you to get something else, but you need to make sure... that your body's getting the nourishment it needs to keep functioning, and keep dropping pounds.

You've lost 100 lbs, honey!!! And you haven't done that by not eating, I can tell ya that.

Maybe the real issue here is eating foods that you feel GOOD about eating. Was it possible, maybe, to make a chicken burger alongside the hamburgers for you to reduce the calorie and fat intake? What could you have done to have felt good about it?

I know that sometimes after I've eaten and I feel full and stuffed, I feel heavy and icky. That being said, half of my dinner plate is almost always COVERED in steamed vegetables, and mentally, I know that even if I feel full, if I feel heavy or bloated after my big meal... I know, that 50% of what's sitting in my stomach was nothing but good for me... fiber rich, and healthy as ****. Not to mention low-calorie.

My suggestion... maybe find a vegetable that you love, and try to incorporate a good amount of it into your meals-- fill up on it alongside the rest of your food. I personally loved STEAMED veggies... but maybe you love carrot sticks and dip... maybe you should load up your plate with carrot sticks, and allow yourself a bit of dip with them. Whatever you do just don't count potatoes as your veggie. Maybe by getting in that healthy stuff and filling yourself up, you'll feel better in what you're eating?

You've done so amazing already, m'dear, and I know you're gonna keep plugging away. Don't deprive yourself of what your body needs! PROMISE ME!!!
Jelbb is offline   Reply With Quote