South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2008, 05:07 AM   #1  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Default Wahoo Wednesday!

I had to start the daily because I don't know when I'll be able to check in again today. Tom should be on the ground being shuttled back to base as I write. We're leaving in about an hour to go pick him up! WAHOO!

All the munchies yesterday *were* breaking through that 139! I woke up this morning and got on the scale and was at 138. WAHOO!

Connor and Kadyn are at school. I'm going to go get them in a little and then we're going to go snatch Daddy at the airport and go out to lunch (nothing exciting - either the club on base or get sandwiches from the Commissary) and then head over to the new indoor pool and play for a bit before Connor and Kadyn's swim lessons. Connor has his monthly Cub Scouts pack meeting tonight. Tom said, "Boy, hope you have fun at that one." Nope. I said, "You'll have to tell me about it when YOU get home!" I'll bring the girls back home and get them ready for bed. WAHOO!

TOM JUST CALLED AND HE'LL BE AT BASE IN AN HOUR! WAAAAAHOOOOO!

Gotta run.

Kara
Old 11-19-2008, 06:06 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Have a happy reunion with your DH, KARA!

Good morning! I got up and got the laundry started on what looks to be a long day. I figured I'd try to get some things done this morning, since I'm going to stay late tonight. I have the first load of laundry in the dryer and just started the 2nd load. It's looking to be a clear day, which is good since I'll be on the road a lot.
Old 11-19-2008, 06:53 AM   #3  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning gals Once again we're serving Fogbuster here. Can I interest you in a cup?

Kara - Enjoy your day (and your evening)!

Cottage - You have more energy before I get out of bed than I have all day! Hope there are no snowflakes in your day today.

I'm going to start an accountability thread for November. I'm borrowing the idea from the Maintainers (I could use that one but this is home) I thought with the holidays coming a few people might find it helpful and if not, well it will slide down the page and into oblivion

Should be an interesting day at work today with a visit to a new caregiver. I love this new project and am glad it's taking off. Every person is different and it's really fun to meet them all and find out how we can help. Keeps me on my toes and on the road

Have a good day Chicks
Old 11-19-2008, 07:00 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning! Kara's "Wahoo!" woke me up.

Unlike Kara, Cottage and Cyndi I have nothing on the plan for today ...yet! I'm sure the day will fill up fast enough. For now, it's coffee time, canine love fest and watching the sky get brighter.

Hmmm....Hump Day already? Time to make a niggle list.

See y'all later.
Old 11-19-2008, 08:03 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/140

Good morning, everyone!

Kara -- Wow!! How exciting for you! Have a great day with your DH. I'm sure it'll be pleasure to have your family all back in one place again.

Cottage and Cyndi -- it sounds like you both have busy days planned!

Ruth -- the days where I have nothing planned are my favorite. I also love canine (and feline) lovefests - I have one of both and they are both attention-seekers.

I'm just home from work. I had a busy couple of shifts but am now off for 7 days. I usually don't get such long stretches off but we have to use our PTO time before the end of the year or we lose it. So I'm using mine. I plan to take a nap, tidy up around the house, and wait for the roofers to get here. The roof started leaking over the weekend (we've had really heavy rain here) and I'm hoping for a not-too-crazy-expensive repair. We'll see.

Have a great day, all!
Old 11-19-2008, 08:32 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Good morning chicks,
It's Wednesday, but feels like Monday to me, since I took Monday off to go to school with DS and only worked a few hours yesterday morning. Lots of catching up to do! DH was glad to be home and it was so cute watching him and the kids get caught up. He was waiting impatiently for them to get home from school and kept peeking out the front window. Of course he was in bed and passed out right after dinner, and wide awake at 4AM this morning. So nice to have him home - I'm still in my nightie and he is going to walk DD to school this morning. I'll just stay here and sip my pumpkin spice coffee, mmmm...

Kara, have a fun day with Tom! He will be the opposite right? Wide awake until the wee hours and then sleepy in the morning.

Enjoy your week off spooky.

Cyndi, I saw your accountability thread. I've been using the one in the 100 lb. club, but I'll post it here too. It's really helpful to take a few minutes in the morning and lay out the plan, then go on autopilot the rest of the day. I haven't been doing it the last couple of weeks, and I am definitely stalled. Count me among the backsliders. I don't think I've regained anything, but I'm definitely not making any progress.

Ruth, I'm sure you will fill this day up fast, so enjoy your quiet time this morning.

cottage, hope your busy day goes smoothly.
Old 11-19-2008, 08:50 AM   #7  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

It's a cold one here this morning 34* and not suppose to get to much warmer.

Was very disappointed in the BL results last night - I was so hoping Coleen would go further

Kara enjoy Tom

Schmoodle glad dh had a safe return

Cottage, cyndi, ruth, spooky and those still to come I hope you have a great and warm day

A few of us are going to a comedy show tonight - some laughing is sure to burn calories and geat up the insides
Old 11-19-2008, 09:05 AM   #8  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

Morning girls. Busy morning for me already.

I've run into a roadblock as far as Thanksgiving planning is concerned. My SIL's are both very busy and (like my DH) have no sense of time. Considering Thanksgiving is next week, I would like to get moving on something!

So...I've decided to take over and just make decisions instead of waiting for approval. We're having two meals due to the drama, so I'm going to have to be cooking our big meal on Black Friday morning....not good. I considered buying a pre-cooked turkey from a little specialty meat shop here (shhh...don't tell) and just making a roast to accompany it (DH threatened to abscond if we didn't have roast). Sides aren't that difficult to make and DH can help a lot with them.

I guess I'm just going to send my SIL's a list with what they should be bringing and my family will do the rest. Thankfully, my FIL told me to save the receipts for everything and he would pay us back. I think he's just grateful that we're willing to go through the extra work to make sure he has a meal.

So...I've been on the phone for a half hour now trying to figure out how much turkey and roast and side dishes I'm going to need to feed this many people and writing list after list of things that I need to pick up from the store. A lot of stores are having their Turkey Day sales this week, so I've been comparing prices online as well.

We also have to bring DH's car back in today...wish us luck on that one.

Back later after this all dies down.
Old 11-19-2008, 09:07 AM   #9  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Morning! Another quick fly-by! Just can't seem to get my butt out of bed in the mornings lately! Hope everyone has a great day. I'll pop in later this evening after my volleyball double-header!

Lisa
Old 11-19-2008, 09:15 AM   #10  
Heather-Nic

S/C/G: 293.5/248/220

Height: 5'7"

Good morning All!!! Happy Wednesday!
Kara - So glad that DH is back with all of you! Enjoy your day of reunion!

Cottage - Sorry to hear that your day is long. I hope you manage to be productive.

Cyndi - Thanks for starting the thread, I'll certainly be by to check it out!
I have some confessing to do.

Ruth - Have a good time getting your list together. Be sure to put some pampering on the list.

Spooky - Enjoy your time off. I hope you're able to do some fun stuff while getting stuff completed at the house.

Schmoodle - So glad to hear that DH is home and all is well. Enjoy your work!

Gonnabe - Have a great time at the comedy show tonight! Laugh a lot, the endorphins you get from laughing will do miracles.

Zeff - Two Thanksgivings is so much work! I hope you're not going to wear yourself out!

Lisa - MORNING!!

Me - Well, last night was supposed to be a quiet one in front of the tv, however friends called and we headed over for an impromptu poker game. Had a lot of fun, drank a glass too many of wine, and only lost $3. Tonight I'll make sure that I have some "me & TV" time....there are lots of things on the tivo to get through.
I hope everyone's Wednesday is fantastic!
BLESSINGS!
Old 11-19-2008, 09:20 AM   #11  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

Heather - congrats on only losing $3....especially with the extra wine

One of the Thanksgivings really isn't much work - I just need to bring a dessert of some sort. It won't be anything too labor intensive.
Old 11-19-2008, 10:10 AM   #12  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

on 138, Kara! That's quite the accomplishment! Enjoy having DH home!

Sorry I can't get to everyone...I had an appointment this morning and have so much to do today. My to-do list seems to get longer faster than I can check things off. Yikes!!!

Hope you all have a great day and stay fit and healthy. I'm off to the gym after work and then off to the last Theology on Tap. I've given it up as it's become far too much work for one person and no one was willing to help out. We're all just too busy! I'll miss going to the events, but the work was overwhelming and I'm proud of myself for giving me more time.
Old 11-19-2008, 10:15 AM   #13  

Kara - Enjoy your reunion with Tom. I'm sure the kids will be thrilled too.

cottage - I always feel better when I accomplish a lot in the morning.

Cyndi - I think I could use your accountability thread. This has not been a good month for my snacking. (although I have been doing more home cooking so I am getting back on track).

Ruth - relax and enjoy the break. You are always so busy.

spooky - Good luck with the roofers. I have a bunch of stuff I need to do around the house but I'm not really supposed to until the divorce is final.

schmoodle - I'm glad your DH is back. Enjoy your time together.

gonna - I love comedy shows. There is one called Defending the Caveman that has been playing in Dallas for well over 10 years. It really does describe the differences between men and women.

zeff - Good luck with the car. I really miss doing a big Thanksgiving dinner. I guess I'll still make a turkey for Brian and I but I'm used to a houseful of people.

Lisa - Don't injure yourself and have fun at volleyball!

Heather - I love poker nights. Congrats on not losing much.

Me - I'm in the office today and have a busy day planned so I need to get back to work. I'm going to get the crown put on this afternoon. I'm planning on shrimp for dinner but it may depend on when the novocaine wears off. Only my calves and abs are a little sore after yesterday's exercise. I'm going to try to make time for some more tonight.
Old 11-19-2008, 11:32 AM   #14  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning all,

Kara- glad to hear that DH is back, I am sure you are excited

Cottage- hope you got all the laundry done.

Cyndi- hope your fogbuster coffee worked for you

Ruth- enjoy your day

Schmoodle- Glad to hear you DH is back as well.

Spooky enjoy your days off and hope the repairs are not too expensive

Zeff- wow two celebrations I am lucky to pull off just one.

Lisa- Have a good day

Gonnabe165- Hope you enjoy your cold day and it will warm up soon for you. I was very disappointed that Coleen did not go further, do not like some of the other people still left.

Hmac- not too bad $3 could have been worse.

Beachgal have fun at the gym

Barb- sounds like you are getting some good workouts- I need to get my butt in gear.

As for me today is only wfh for me- I finished up the class yesterday had to take a certification test still waiting to see if I passed. Today is just getting work done and then have to get ready for Thanksgiving celebration at work have to make something to take in.

Have a great day ladies
Old 11-19-2008, 12:51 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 144.4/137/120

Height: 5

Ugh, I just can't get caught up! I really need to learn to delegate more. Just add to to my list of things I just don't seem to have control of anymore including eating. I will be joining in the accountability thread if I can ever get my head above water.

I love all you gals will one of you please give me a swift kick in the you know where?

Gotta run, have a great day!
Closed Thread