Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-17-2008, 12:03 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 294/see ticker/190

Height: 6ft 0.5 inches

Default sticking to it

i love going to me exercise classes, it's so much fun.

the big issue for me is sticking to the foods. not that we're restricted but if i know there's chocolate or something in the house then i eat it.

then there's work. i work making beer therefore i drink on a daily basis. a couple of mouthfuls but still i dont have any way to avoid it. most days i work and ifnish at 2pm and dont eat lunch (no time at work and when i get home it's almost dinner time) and then i dont wanna go to my classes. they aren't free, i pay monthly.

i guess i struggle with motivation. i know why i wanna do this but sometimes, i just wonder if it's worth it when i work so hard and only lose 2 pound in a week.
anastasia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 12:14 PM   #2  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

2 lbs in a week is great!!! Those weeks will quickly go by and before you know it, you'll be down another 2 and then another 2, or whatever you are for that particular week. Point is - time really does go quickly and if you stick with it, before you know you'll be 10% down and then 15% and so on and so on.

And forget motivation. What you need is COMMITMENT. To a better and healthier life. That motivation comes and goes and is never around when the goodies are. But that commitment - it's there.

And let me tell you - it's worth it. 100% without a doubt, no question about it. It's worth it. It's worth it. It's worth it. Ya hear that? I'll say it again - IT"S WORTH IT!!!!!

Why not make some STRICT rules for yourself - and obviously follow through with them? Like absolutely, positvely NO BEER at work. Period. Make a binding, ironclad commitment to avoid it. It's the only way really.

As for the stuff at home. Get rid of it. No one benefits from the junk.

Make sure to ADD in good, healthy, nutritious foods.

Once you stock that house, make a plan. Or make a plan and stock that house. Either way. They are both vital pieces of the "weight loss picture" Map out your meals and snacks in ADVANCE.

Good luck to you. You most definitely can do this. And ummm, yeah, I might have mentioned this already- IT"S WORTH IT. Nothing tastes as good as the sweet joy you get from waking up being a fit, trim and heatlhy person. Nothing.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 12:27 PM   #3  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
i just wonder if it's worth it when i work so hard and only lose 2 pound in a week.
Well, would you rather gain 2 pounds in a week? Because that's how we all gained weight, isn't it? Little bit at a time?

You can start now, and show some spunk, or you can wait... But I guarantee from my own experience it does not get easier later.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 12:36 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by anastasia View Post
i guess i struggle with motivation. i know why i wanna do this but sometimes, i just wonder if it's worth it when i work so hard and only lose 2 pound in a week.
Are you kidding??!! I say that with love, honest . Sometimes we lose more than that - maybe right at first, maybe if we have 100(s) of pounds to lose, maybe when we retain water and then dump it. But really, no one has any reason to expect more than 2 pounds a week. That' normal, and very, very good normal at that. So ...

JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 12:36 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
i just wonder if it's worth it when i work so hard and only lose 2 pound in a week.
As Jay said, would you rather *gain* 2 lbs in a week? OR not lose anything?

So many people have such unrealistic expectations of losing weight - they expect to cut back and suddenly drop 10 lbs or 20 lbs and just have the weight fly off. But the truth is .. you didn't gain it in a couple of weeks, did you? Of course not. So why would you lose it that fast?

Ideally the *most* you would lose each week would be about 1% of your current body weight. At 278, the *most* you should lose to be healthy is 2.7 lbs per week. So 2 lbs per week is an EXCELLENT rate of loss for you.

I dunno. I would love to lose 2 lbs per week. I'd be so excited I wouldn't know what to do. Right now I average 1 - 1.2 lbs per week when I'm being really strict.

So .. consider yourself *very* lucky to be where you are.

PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 01:40 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 231/165/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by anastasia View Post
2 lbs a week in awesome! Don't look at it like "only 2 pounds a week", 2 lbs is better then no lbs right? And everything I've read says to lose more then 2 lbs a week is unhealthy & you run a higher risk of just gaining back when you eat anything along the lines or normal. Be happy with the 2 lbs a week. In a whole year, you will over 100 lbs if you keep up that pace. It adds up quick.

Stay motivated & stay with it. When you have lost 30,40 or 50 lbs, you begin to not look at it as only 2 lbs a week, you will look at your overall weight loss.
Extasee58865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 01:46 PM   #7  
Starting Over

S/C/G: 255/255/155

Height: 5'7"

Sounds like you tank (stomach) is running on empty so when you go home for dinner and you eat, your body is starving. That would explain the no energy and why you're too tired to go to class. You need some pocket snacks for work and to eat a big meal before you go into work so you can last all day.

2 pounds a week is great by the way. I have some weeks where I lose more than that, and others (like the past two weeks) where I haven't lost a thing. Our bodies are complex and there is no way to guarantee a certain weight loss each week. The best thing you can do is keep up the exercise and eat more so you're not screwing up your metabolism. I bet you will see a greater loss when you eat more often so long as its healthy!
cakses is offline   Reply With Quote