General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2002, 03:59 PM   #1  

Unhappy Ediets vs. Personal Dietitian - Comments, please!

Hello everyone,

Has anyone tried Ediets or A Personal Dietitian? I am torn between these two and would like to start soon.

I would love to hear your comments on either or both of these programs/services.

Many thanks,
Deb
Old 04-25-2002, 04:39 PM   #2  

I've never heard of A Personal Dietcian, but I did pay to do Ediets last year. It was alright, but personally, not worth the money BECAUSE you can get pretty much the same thing with Fitday.com. It has pretty much the same options, if not more. So before you pay for that, I'd suggest checking out Fitday! Hope I could be a little helpful.

P.S. Although, I really enjoyed the message board they had on Ediets...however, I am very happy with this one now!
Old 04-25-2002, 06:13 PM   #3  

Another free site that gives you pretty much the same thing is on kraftfoods.com under their Health section. Will even figure a diabetic exchange plan for you if you want. The thing most of the free sites don't give you is someone to telephone, but for free, hey, it's great.

What I don't like about any of them is sort of a "bone to pick" with me. For example, they'll have you eat two sandwich cookies for a snack on Tuesday or have you eat half a can of garbanzo beans on Thursday - do they use the rest of the package/container anywhere else in the week? Heck no! If you want to try and follow their plans EXACTLY it just isn't real life. I realize this would be a major software job to have it calculate how many bits and pieces they use over the course of a week and they give you the option to change the plan, but I think if anyone buys into the idea that they can just follow along, it's not realistic. That is of course unless you have a handy pet,child or husband to gobble up all the dribs and drabs!
Closed Thread