Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 11-16-2008, 03:34 PM   #1  
Mentally ready

S/C/G: 314/266/165

Height: 5'8

Default Needing some advice

So I got the BL cardio max DVD and tried it for the first time on Thursday. I did level one of course. It was very difficult for me to finish but I pushed myself to at least keep moving. I did my best. The next two days after I did it, my leg muscles were way out of wack. I haven't done any physical activity in probably 3 years or more. I remember going to the gym a couple times when I was 16, and my muscles hurt then but nothing like the past couple days. Anyways, my question is, what should I do to start my body off. It was a 30 minute workout (5 warmup, 20 exercise, and 5 cooldown) I couldn't do the cool down my legs were ready to give out. Should I only do maybe 15 today, or should I do the whole 30 but just not as many reps as the do in the video?

I want to exercise but I don't want to have to wait two days inbetween each time.... Thanks for reading through that and if you have any advice to offer, I would really appreciate it.
Beautiful Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 03:54 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
I want to exercise but I don't want to have to wait two days inbetween each time
It's actually GOOD for you to give your muscles 48 hours to recover between bouts of strenuous exercising. That doesn't mean you have to not exercise at all, just exercise different muscle groups. If this workout that you did really worked your legs, then your next exercise session should focus on your arms and shoulders and back, for example.

You should be doing that anyway - no matter how good shape you're in.

And on alternate days, instead of doing a really hardcore workout, do something like a medium intensity walk - either outdoors or on a treadmill.

It's better for you to not do the same workout every day. Mix things up. Allow one part of your body to recover while you work another. Keep your body guessing.

PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 03:56 PM   #3  
Mentally ready

S/C/G: 314/266/165

Height: 5'8

Thats good to know... I work out at home. Do you have any ideas that I could do for upper body workout at home?
Beautiful Ace is offline   Reply With Quote