Old 11-16-2008, 12:33 PM   #1  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Default At Home Support Nov 16-22 One week to Turkey Time

Well wi in this morning was not encouraging I am up 1.5 pounds from last week. Very frustrating but I will move forward.

I am still in the planning stage for my turkey day and it looks like I might be having more guests then planned the count is now up to 15 and I only bought a 19 pound turkey. Will that be enough?

So how are all of you preparing for your turkey day? Are you saving points for the big eat out? or are you just going to do some portion control?

Check in with you all later
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 07:47 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 222/ticker/155

Height: 5'7

Hi Everyone! I would love to join in with you! Ive been back OP since the last week of October and still going strong. Getting worried about Thanksgiving. Im scared that if I have a free for all on Turkey Day that I wont be able to pick myself back up the day after and will fall like so many times in the past. I was thinking of just allowing myself to have a little bit of everything and just do 1/2c or 1/4c serving of all the sides so I can get a taste of all my favorites and pick the dessert that I really want and just have a small slice of it so I dont feel deprived. I always give myself a high day on Saturdays after I weigh in, so I think im just going to change it to Thursday next week.

Last edited by IMNOTQUITINGTHISTIME; 11-17-2008 at 07:48 AM.
IMNOTQUITINGTHISTIME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 07:53 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Morning all!!!
well I caught up reading the last thread and I hate to say it but I'm kinda glad I wasn't alone with the over eating and the wine! I blame it on the time of year. With all the holidays looming we try to eat so good before they get here but I think the fact is just them coming up is stressful so we eat more even though we have the best of intentions, lol. My weekend was crazy. Went shopping on saturday. Was trying to make myself feel better for all my overeating last week so I bought some new jeans and about 4 tops. Then sunday we went down to Tulsa to visit my aunt and pick up the 7 foot xmas tree she was giving us for this year. Went shopping for ornaments and decorations and had a ton of fun. Didn't get home until midnight and asleep until 1:30 am so I'm tired this morning, lol. Thankfully we don't have overtime this week. So I can get in bed early tonight
Well anyway, back OP today. Wednesday is our office's thanksgiving feast and I'm signed up to make mashed potatoes and gravy. Other than that I have no plans of cheating this week. Gonna try really hard to get focused again and buckle down until thanksgiving. Oh and I forgot to tell you guys I was up 3.5 lbs on friday!!!! well I'm not counting all of that because I'm sure at least a lb or so was water rentention but still.. the wrong direction for me. Hopefully it comes back off pretty fast. Ok, gonna get the kids around and get some caffeine! Yak with you all later! here's to a great OP week!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 07:58 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 354/252/180

Height: 5'5

Hi everyone! Sorry that I've been MIA - I was sick last week and then one of my boys also got sick. On top of that we had his Birthday sleepover with 11 little boys :shocked: and on Saturday we had an amazing Girls Night Out complete with limo rides and paid tabs Needless to say, I did not have a great week last week, but I am ready to start again.

The last fe weeks have been tough for me motivationally. I am to the point in the diet that I don't want to "diet" anymore I didn't exercise at all last week and I am feeling a bit out of sorts. I'm going to pop in my Walk Away the Pounds video and do a quickie workout - hopefully it will motivate me to get started again.

I'll catch up with personals soon! Gota get movig and get the kiddos ready for school! Hope evryone has a great OP day!
texscrapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 08:38 AM   #5  

Sooooo I think my scale could be a big fat liar! LOL i hopped on it this morning and supposedly I was down 1.3 pounds. Which would seem fine and dandy most other days buttt there is nooooooo way Im down that much with as much as I ate this weekend. Though I did make some healthier choices I still dont believe it. I think I am going to put the WI off till tomorrow and take that # instead. Or possibly Im in denial cause for like almost 3 weeks now ive been stuck on 237, and i couldnt get below that number for the life of me. Who knows. Though I still beleive my scale is a liar.

Glad to see everyone is at least OP and its a new week. Thank god. As for Thanksgiving I'm just gonna take it one side dish at a time. LOL Just gonna try to make great choices and not eat stuff I dont want to just cause its tradition.

Well gotta run to work. And then I gotta work out tonight for sure. Gonna make sure that number is still correct tomorrow.
AvsGirly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 08:55 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 189/184.5/150

Sorry some of you had a rough week/weekend. It it such a hard time of year to be good and not just what eat what is convenient! I had my WI this morning. I lost .4 lbs. Not happy, but definitely better than gaining or not losing. I have GOT to have a good week this week. I have got to stop "stop counting" points around dinner time. Yes, it's harder to figure out points when I'm cooking for the whole family, but not impossible. I just need to stop being so lazy! I'm sure the 4 (fabulous) truffles and their 12-15 friends throughout the week didn't help. I need to set a goal for no more than 1 truffle a day (at 1.5 pts, I can handle that, but they get out of control too easily!). (BTW, my parents bought these at Sam's Club when they were visiting and LEFT them here... they are my favorites!) I had a fabulous jog/walk Saturday. Did I already say that? I thoroughly enjoyed it and even jogged for 7 minutes straight! (a big deal for me) Hoping to do SOMETHING active today, even if it's just 15 minutes of Tae-Bo or DDR or something.
In other news, my baby girl is growing up! She's 11 months old now and starting to crawl "up" (not army crawl) and pull up and fall down the stairs (she's okay, thankfully) and all sorts of things. It's so crazy!
Hope you're all having a great week!
ctrsara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 12:30 PM   #7  
Work in Progress

Well I started with such good intentions on Sunda to stay op and of course blew it on Sunday night - there was alcohol left in the house LOL- anyway not only is that bit of binge out of my system I am ready to get back on track. These past few days with the gain and everything I feel like my body is made of lead and I can hardly move.

Tonight I am going to get on my daughters mini tramp for 30 min while I watch tv. At least it is quiet. The stepper I am afraid going to be a thing of the past with the noise it makes.

imnot--welcome and it sounds like you have a plan when it comes to that turkey dinner...just bites of it all!

texs - sorry you were sick, but I think you bumped your head to have 11 boys over for a sleep over..you are made of some tough stuff! Girls night out sounds wonderful. I know what you mean about not wanting to be on a 'diet' anymore. I have been at it for 12 weeks and only managed to drop 15pounds and when I look around to others who have droped 40 I get so discourged. Then to gain this past week, well needless to say I have to find my motovation again just not sure where I put it

Avs take the loss and accept it! LOL

spry well glad to see you are back, and back op I think we all need a week of super indulgence every so often, and boy did I have mine this past week

sara I think one of the greatest joys I had rasing my children was watching them learn to crawl, then pull up and walk. please take every moment to enjoy..oh and take lots of picutres
Old 11-17-2008, 11:06 PM   #8  

I did it! I counted my points all day and DIDN'T go over! I even exercised! (About 30 minutes of Tae-Bo and aerobics) Yay me! How did everyone else do today/yesterday?
Old 11-18-2008, 07:28 AM   #9  

Hello all! I'm just starting this week on WW and already had a great day yesterday. This is my 3rd time on WW (once for each child LOL). I resisted WW for quite some time and tried calorie counting, but it wasn't working for me (I know my ticker says I've lost weight - but that was more from getting bronchitis than calorie counting). So, I weighed in at 146 on Monday and have 16 pounds to lose to get to my healthy goal. I look forward to doing WW with everyone!
healtheeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 07:35 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

morning all...

not so good yesterday.. did good up until dinner. My father in law passed away almost 2 months ago now and my 7 year old has been having the hardest problems with it. He has ADHD too and this has really aggravated his symptoms. I'm about at my wits end. He is having agression problems etc and was kicked out of his after school care last thursday and I've been having to pick him up at school during the day for being violent etc.. things have just been hard. I honestly think I'm gonna take a break from me for awhile and try to get him through this time. I'm so tired of feeling like i'm working hard on my weight and then when I get stressed I over eat and then I feel guilty and it's a bad cycle to get in and then trying to deal with my son on top of it. So I think I'm just gonna stop dieting right now until after the holidays or so and then once we are through some of this I can focus on me again. I don't mean I'm going on a free for all until then just not gonna count and such so I can't beat myself up at night for "cheating" etc.. I'm so sorry you guys. I feel like I'm letting everyone down including myself but right now my plate is so full and with the holidays looming that is a battle in itself. So I'm gonna just put some brakes on right now.
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 08:27 AM   #11  

So today for me was WI day. I was down 1/2 pound again for the week. So I thought that scale was lying to me yesterday. So this week I need to get on the ball and count thos points and log. Ive been a little lazy about that lately and maybe thats why for the past couple weeks its only been 1/2 pound.

Spryng - Im so sorry for whats going on. You and your son will get through this.
Health - Welcome to the board!
Sara- Congrats on sticking in your points and exercising!

Well gotta run to work. I'll catch you all later.
AvsGirly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 11:45 AM   #12  

Spryng - being healthy is important, but physical health is only part of the equation. It's totally fine to take a break and concentrate on your family for a while. You are not letting anyone down! Just concentrate on making good choices and portion control over the holidays (when you can) to keep from gaining, so you don't have more work to do when you're ready to start again! Good luck!

AvsGirly, I hear you. I've been in 1/2 pound land (and 1/4 pound land, which is a silly place to be) a few too many weeks now. I need to get going and get some better results again!

Last edited by ctrsara; 11-18-2008 at 11:47 AM.
Old 11-18-2008, 12:26 PM   #13  
Work in Progress

ctsara, great staying op and exercise! it always feels so good when you can say I did it each day

health, welcome gald you are posting!

Avs congrats on the loss. It is better than a gain, which is where I have been at this past two weeks either no loss or gain--at this point I would take 1/2 pound loss

spry, you have a lot on your plate and if what you need is to take a break from 'dieting' to releive some of the stress please do so, but check in with us on occation. I do not have any solid experience with ADHD but my daughter has ocb and when she does not take her medication she is another person entirely. I hope things improve and we will watch for your posts when you can.

Well I had an OK day yesterday, I stayed on op and even earned some exercise points but used them up when I had a few glasses of wine.....the good news is there is no more wine in the house to tempt me so the rest of this week and next (up until turkey day) will be a breeze?
Old 11-18-2008, 01:45 PM   #14  
cher37

ok ladies ... I am changing my weigh-in day to Sunday AM (instead of Friday AM) - I seem to have been going back into not keeping track of my food on weekends & obviously eating too much & not enough veggies & water = +4lbs!!!!

...so I'm going back on core & only eating equivalent non-core foods to AP earned! wish me luck
Old 11-18-2008, 05:08 PM   #15  
Work in Progress

Hey cher we are behind you 100% you have to do what works for you. I know I have my wi on Sunday am just becuase it keeps my weekends in check--well except for the last one and I was up 1.5 pounds that week.

I am doing the wendie plan for flex but still struggle some days.

I will have to do more reading about core though I am curious