Old 11-15-2008, 02:22 PM   #1  
career counselor a-gogo

S/C/G: HW:~330 325/ticker/145

Height: 5'7

Default Thanksgiving

Hmm so I'm not sure what to do on Thanksgiving. I'm thinking I won't even try to count calories because it probably wouldn't be very accurate but to try to stick to reasonable portions, eat slowly, enjoy every bite, and go for a walk after dinner.

What are your plans for Turkey Day?
rodeogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 04:29 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 242/187/150

Height: 5'9"

Funny you bring this up, I was thinking about this dilemma earlier today I think I'm going to enjoy Thanksgiving. I'm gonna try and make healthy choices. Seeing as I'm on South Beach I'm gonna keep those "forbidden" foods such as stuffing and mashed potatoes to a minimum. I'm gonna have dessert, but I'm going to have small portions. I'm only going to eat the things I really really enjoy. And most importantly, Thanksgiving will be a one day thing for me. When everyone else is enjoying leftovers I'm going to be right back on my plan. I'm only endulging for that day and that day only.
QTestRDH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 06:07 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 138/114/105

Height: 5'0

Thanksgiving in my favorite holiday. So... I am going to try and not count calories but still not go TOO crazy. I'll be away from home, so I won't be able to exercise. I will dig into my favorites (sweet potatoes, apple pie), but this year I am going to TRY and give up stuffing, mashed potatoes, and have small portions of the string bean casserole and pumpkin pie, etc. I'm just going to try to be more conscious of what I am eating and how much of it I am eating so I don't go tremendously overboard.
mermaid20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 07:34 PM   #4  
Changing Inside and Out

S/C/G: 276/249/150

Height: 5'5"

Smaller plate and no 2nd helpings
luvin2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 08:12 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 268/ticker/140

Height: 5'6

Small plate, a taste of the things I want but aren't sensible...JUST a taste Definite extra exercise and lot's of asking myself..."Is it really worth it and would I rather have this or that?", kinda thinking.

I will *not* deprive myself and give myself absolutly no treats.
S.A.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 09:34 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 305/172.6/135

Height: 5foot 4 inches

I usually give myself one meal a week to eat what i want, so i am going to save that meal for thanksgiving. I wont have left over's. I will try to walk that day to counter act the eating
we use to have deep fried turkey, but this year that is out of the question! thanksgiving is yummy food, but it's not like my favorite food of all time, so i think i will be ok. I will enjoy the meal with desert, and that will be that.
HVEECK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 09:54 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

We do Thanksgiving in October, and my plan of attack was a different one. Normally we do holiday's with my family, and they are SUCH good cooks, so I don't bother counting the one meal. This year they weren't around, so it was with my bf's parents.. and I feel bad saying this, but man.. nice people, horrible cooks! So I skipped it. I picked up a shift at work!

Good luck! And stay away from those leftovers!!

-Aimee
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 08:53 AM   #8  
Almost the Big 50!

S/C/G: Goal of 150!

Height: 5'8"

I am eating on thankgiving, bought everything from honeybaked, then off to the car show
I always start my diet on thanksgiving and has worked in the past, so doing it again this year no leftovers as eating at my sons house!!!

Last edited by CyberGypsy; 11-16-2008 at 08:53 AM.
CyberGypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 03:17 PM   #9  
Ufi
Persistence

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Height: 5-4

I decided to host Thankgiving orphans this year. I haven't developed the menu yet.

I'm not going to restrict the type of foods I eat, but I certainly don't plan to get stuffed. Not because of weight loss but because I now recognize how uncomfortable I feel when I eat too much, and I don't want to feel miserable on the holiday.
Ufi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 03:28 PM   #10  
BELIEVE!

We are going out of town for Thanksgiving to visit my FIL. He is ordering dinner from a local store. I am certainly going to enjoy my time with the family and enjoy a Thanksgiving dinner, but I will enjoy the food in moderation. There is no reason to go crazy. Load up on the healthy stuff and a few small bites of the treats will be just fine. I'm looking forward more to being with family and friends. I'm actually glad that I'm not cooking dinner from scratch because I would be much more tempted by homemade goodies.

I've already got a plan to hit the gym on Thanksgiving morning. There is one near the hotel we'll be at and they are open for a few hours on the holiday.

Whatever you all decide to do with your holiday...Enjoy.
BarbPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 03:46 PM   #11  
Loving life!!

S/C/G: 360/159/145

Height: 5' 8"

We are going over to my dad's house (he lives next door to us) and will be sharing a meal there I'm going to get a salad plate and try to fill it with as much healthy stuff as I can (I'm bringing WW friendly stuff to share) and have a little bit of the traditional things. Then just take my time to eat what's on my plate.

Leaving leftovers there though! lol
TJFitnessDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 03:52 PM   #12  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

I am running a 5K at 8:30am on Turkey Day. Then DH and I are going to have some coffee at Starbucks (they are open on Tday).
We will then go to my sister's house and will do a good share of the cooking. I plan on counting everything to the best of my ability. I am going to eat a bit of the foods that I want, but try to stop 2nd helpings of rolls and stuffing.
My sister has also been trying to lose weight, so healthy options will be available, as well as junk LOL!
fiberlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 04:18 PM   #13  
career counselor a-gogo

S/C/G: HW:~330 325/ticker/145

Height: 5'7

I think I'm going to make sure turkey breast is taking up a fair bit of room on my plate because oz for oz it's probably the best thing on the menu. I've decided to have moderate to small amounts of everything else except stuffing. I don't ever get stuffing. My mom makes really good stuffing, my grandmother's recipe. I am going to eat as much stuffing as I want with gravy even...mmmmmm. But no leftovers and then no stuffing until next Thanksgiving.
rodeogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 06:07 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/168

Height: 5'6"

I'm going to count calories. I have my healthy Thanksgiving recipes up on my blog from last year if anyone is interested.

http://escapefromobesity.blogspot.co...g-success.html
Lyn2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 11:11 PM   #15  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

our thanksgiving was last month but I still counted calories and portioned out what I was going to eat. I had little portions of everything (and even had a small slice of pumpkin pie!) and had a great time
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote