South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2008, 06:20 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default TGIF On The Beach

Happy Friday!

I think it's foggy and overcast outside, but it's too dark to be sure. Last night I drove some in some thick pea soup fog through an area heavily populated with deer. I had to drive like 20 miles an hour, but I think all the deer had enough sense to be under cover, thank goodness!

I'm going to try to get some cleaning done this morning, and the kitchen floor needs a good scrubbing. I wish I'd asked Cindy for my paycheck last night, then I could get my banking done this morning, too.

What's everyone's plans for this lovely Friday?
Old 11-14-2008, 06:38 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Cottage. No fog here but a clear sunrise about to happen. The next four days are predicted as rain and snow though! I'll enjoy the decent weather while I can.

My gentlemen callers had a good lunch yesterday and I have exactly two scant servings left of my large crockpot of soup! Cousin Ian had four servings and managed to eat about a half pound of my best cheddar along with two apples. I ran out of time to make the apple crisp so it was fruit and cheese for dessert. Cousin Peter will be back this way Monday afternoon after doing a lecture at Queens U. in Kingston and I have been advised that blueberry pie would be appreciated. I forget how much men can eat.

This morning I need to bake that rum cake for a silent auction tonight. Then I'll take it to the venue and help with some of the set-up. I really don't want to go to the event tonight as there is a music group I don't enjoy for entertainment. Besides that, I detest night driving, it's a half hour away and we have many, many deer on the move to escape the hunters.

The new dog is still on my list. I am going to suggest to Holly that I get Tazz tomorrow. The weekend looks pretty clear of time away from the house and I will need to spend lots of time with the wee lad and get to know him. I'm not sure if I need to puppy-proof my house so need to observe.

Hope your Friday is a good one.
Old 11-14-2008, 06:56 AM   #3  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Chicks A gray day all around here too -rain, fog, but none of that other stuff!

Cottage - Good morning It was foggy and rainy last night here too - scary driving home. Have a good day.

Ruth- The puppy is incredibly adorable. Have fun visiting.

We are planning our weekend while looking at weather forecasts. DPs gallery show/sale has a reception tonight and runs all day tomorrow. I had planned to bird, walk, and shop while she was busy but weather is going to make that challenging. Right now I'm checking out restaurant menus again because we opted to eat out rather than find a room with a microwave. We did find a health food store there last time and there are a couple of other options that should work. I purchased a lovely, slinky top to wear with black slacks tonight. I'm getting a little braver about my clothes

What is on your agenda this rainy gray day?
Old 11-14-2008, 08:32 AM   #4  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Cottage- yesterday was like pea soup here as well.

Ruth- How great a new puppy. Have fun today

Cyndi- have fun at the reception tonight

As for me busy week as it has been short- too busy at work since I am taking on more supervisory role to not have any free time except at lunch for a few minutes. I'll take it though hehe. Have to take DD2 to dentist for checkup today and then just plan relaxing evening at home since DH is out of town. Have a great day ladies
Old 11-14-2008, 08:58 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 144.4/137/120

Height: 5

Horray it's Friday! A rainy one at that, they are calling for some flurries tomorrow!

I am guilty of doing nothing lastnight but dishes, laundry and watching Survivor. The boxes can wait til this weekend. Not sure what is on tap for this evening, a movie and nothing sounds good to me.

Hoping my deposit from the gas company comes back today. Not sure if I mentioned this or not but I found out that my deposit has been collecting interest for the 8 years I had an account there and is at about $900!!! Time to start some christmas shopping and buy the last few things I need for the house!

Suppose I should get to it, I have a million little things I need I to wrap up at work today. Have a great day chicks!
Old 11-14-2008, 08:58 AM   #6  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Morning! Fly by for me. Will pop in later when I come home from work!
Old 11-14-2008, 08:59 AM   #7  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

WOW! where is everyone this morning

Foot is doing much better and I plan on startingagain with some slow/low working out on Sunday

Have a great day cottage

Ruth rum cake sounds good. Enjoy that new furbaby

Cyndi hope yall enjoy your weekend and hopefully the weather will workout

Hi Pearl

Not much planned for the weekend except some housework and the Jaguar game on Sunday - weather suppose to be a bit cool and rainy so we will see
Old 11-14-2008, 09:01 AM   #8  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Where I will be tonight: http://www.fws.gov/northeast/parkerriver/artshow08.htm
Old 11-14-2008, 09:15 AM   #9  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

Cottage - I like spaghetti squash, DH doesn't...I guess it isn't the end of the world. Maybe I should bake it longer? I've just been microwaving it, maybe I'll do it in the oven until tender.

Cyndi - have fun at your art show! It sounds like a lot of fun. Have fun in your new top as well

Stephanie - how nice that your deposit earns interest! We just got a few of our deposits back from living in another parish (county) - no interest It was nice to have $400 in the mail though

Gonna - glad your foot is feeling better. Don't work too hard!

-
So, it looks like it is raining everywhere! Rain is in the forecast all day today.

We planned to take DS to play with trains at the bookstore while we read tonight - DH told him last night about it. The kid was so excited he couldn't sleep and the first thing he said this morning was "when are we going to play with the choo-choos?"... I have a feeling it is going to be asked a LOT more during the day. Thankfully DH gets off of work early.

Water is off due to a leak - no shower for me for who knows how long. Hopefully it should be back on within an hour!

Off to get breakfast on the table and some chores done...
Old 11-14-2008, 09:31 AM   #10  
Vegan.whole.foodie.

S/C/G: hw252 csw220/???/160

Height: 5'7.5 ;)

Morning ladies-quickie for me this morning... I am struggling to get back on track and stay on track. It usually isn't this difficult for me- I need to figure out a solution though! SO, today I will drink lots of water and eat "healthy". I have been thinking about doing combo sbd/ww. I usually do way better with the you can have this but not this type thing, but maybe just through the holidays I need to be able to just use sbd as a general guideline for what is good for me, and count everything eat, although I have been using calorie king and that doesn't seem to stop my hand going to my mouth with spinach dip and triscuits, or the thai food I had yesterday for lunch! UGH...

OK, well... back to my quickie posting! lol

Good Morning Ladies! I hope you all have a great day!!! I am off to get ready for work and will try to pop in later tonight but we have actually been very busy tonight at work with the CMA's wednesday we were slammed and yesterday was very busy too- hopefully some more of the same today! If I don't get back here today I will def be back Sunday. Soooo much easier to post on the days that I don't have to work

Last edited by rdw1; 11-14-2008 at 09:31 AM.
Old 11-14-2008, 09:31 AM   #11  
Heather-Nic

S/C/G: 293.5/248/220

Height: 5'7"

Quick pop by this morning. We were up late from the dinner we went to so I slept in. Hope everyone has a great Friday.
I'll try to be by later!
Old 11-14-2008, 09:46 AM   #12  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Lisa hope your feeling better

Zeff you make me want to go play with the choo choos too

hmac we slept in as well but not by choice

rdw1 i sure hope my JAGS.jpg beat your titans sunday
Old 11-14-2008, 09:48 AM   #13  
Vegan.whole.foodie.

S/C/G: hw252 csw220/???/160

Height: 5'7.5 ;)

Ruth- That doggie is super cute!!!!

and Gonna be- Not a chance! lol ( I hope!)
Old 11-14-2008, 11:45 AM   #14  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

Dh told me last night that he was canceling class so that I could do whatever I wanted on my birthday. I chose to get a haircut (I haven't had one in months!), a facial and a pedicure.

I just made my appointments. I'm so excited!

...I just realized that DH can't cancel his morning class....I don't know how my hair appointment is going to work Hopefully I can push it back!
Old 11-14-2008, 03:44 PM   #15  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Good afternoon! Home again, home again.... I left another message at the dr's office since she's booked today. I'm pretty sure it's pneumonia, not pertussus. I know I've only been on the z-pack a few days but I want it to hurry up and make me better! Or at least have my dr give me something to help my cough.

Just made some tea and am going to watch my Dr Phil. That'll help me relax this afternoon. Hope everyone's having a great day!
Closed Thread