Old 11-13-2008, 09:35 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 180/169/133

Height: 5feet 2inches

Default New to WW Flex

Hi
I am new to all this I do not go to meetings mainly due to cost and being on a very low income.
A friend has given me information and booklets about the Point system as she knows I really want to shed the unwanted pounds.
So I am here to get some support and ideas as well.

I am trying to work out the points of some of the things I have in the storecupboard so I can have them for lunches. Things like tins of soup could I have a whole tin or only half? calories for half a tin works out at 97 calories or less around 83 calories depending on what the soup is.

Breakfast and Dinner is not a problem I find Lunchtime the hardest.

I now weigh 165 pounds
Height 5feet 2inches
Age 55
Occupation Housewife
I have worked out that my Points for the day is 22. Plus the extra 35 points during the week.

Now all I have to do is work out what I can have throughout the day for this amount.

I need to re-read the information on exercise points I am not sure how this works.

My reason for losing weight is I want to be healthier as I have problems with osteo arthritis and high cholesterol so losing weight will help a lot.
I am going to set myself some short term goals so I can acheive them and see results. Long term goals seem to be too far in to the future so small goals will help me keep on track.

I hope no one minds I am not going to meetings.

Last edited by paula953; 11-13-2008 at 09:35 AM.
paula953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 09:39 AM   #2  
Make it to the moon...

S/C/G: 5/8/19: 319/254.0/150.0

Height: 5'5"

KimL1214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 09:52 AM   #3  
Bride-to-be!

S/C/G: 192/187/150

Height: 5'7"

Hi! Weight Watchers is a great program, and I personally love the "flexibility" of Flex!

I get 24 points a day at this point, plus 35 Weekly Points Allowance. There is a formula for how many Activity Points you earn, but it can't be over 4 per day. H2O is really important... remember to drink at least 6 cups a day! Weightwatchers.com has great (free!) recipes, too!

You will have to play around with your menu to figure out when you're the hungriest and how you would like to distribute your points. I personally like to have a big dinner, as it's the only "meaningful" meal I can have with BF on a regular basis. Because of this, I personally strive to use 10 points for breakfast, lunch and snacks so that I have 14 for dinnertime festivities. I also tend to work out really hard for about an hour 4x a week and on those days, give myself 4 AP's.

I typically include my daily menu on my blog if you want to check it out! A great site for WW points is dwlz.com. Check out the "Restaurants" link at the top, and also the "Food Lists" link halfway down on the right! Good luck, we're here for you!!!!

Last edited by Petunia418; 11-13-2008 at 09:53 AM.
Petunia418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 10:00 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 259/224/148

Hi there and welcome!!! I don't go to meetings either, but I did for a long time. I am not sure if we can post other sites on here but this one is a life saver for me as well as this one but here it is www.dwlz.com. it has point values for ALL kinds of foods and is free to use which is nice. Good luck with your WW journey I love this plan
Nichole28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 10:53 AM   #5  

I am new to WW too and have started about 3 weeks ago, actually my 3rd weigh in is on Saturday. I love the flex plan and have lost 3 lbs. It don't seem like much but for me it is huge. I have lost two inches in my waist and fitting into my size 8's pretty comfortable. I am looking to get back to my size 6. I am a fitness trainer so I need to stay in shape and look the part

Denise
networkmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 02:20 PM   #6  

Height: 4' 10"

Welcome,
there are lots of us that don't go to meetings. As far as your soup, you need to figure in fat and fiber also to figure out the points, your soup is low in calories you can eat the whole thing if you choose. Do you have a points calculator? This is a must to be able to figure out points. You can do it online by doing a search for WW points calculator. Make sure you write down everything you eat and make sure your getting 5 servings of fruits or vegetables, oil from either fish, nuts, seeds or 2 tsp. canola, olive, safflower, sunflower or flaxseed oils, 2 servings of milk products, some protein and water, water, water. Make sure you take a vitamin every day too. Please feel free to send me a message if you need any help!

~Dolly

Last edited by DollyLang; 11-14-2008 at 10:20 AM.
DollyLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 08:30 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 180/169/133

Height: 5feet 2inches

Thank you for all your help and advice I will look up the site mentioned as well.
I am going to enjoy this as I can make foods that DH likes and still have a good healthy diet.
I just have to be aware of portion control. I am using a smaller plate to stop me over doing things.
I will keep coming back.
paula953 is offline   Reply With Quote