Old 11-12-2008, 02:00 PM   #1  
Feelin' Sassafrassy

S/C/G: 317/271/165

Height: 6'0''

Default To all of us that have the sisters, brother, other over-invovled family members

Do you ever feel like everything that you own is not your own?

I am talking everything from clothes to cars. I still live at home (im 23, and in school) with my twin sisters (they are 19) and it seems that everything that is mine is theirs. We all are pretty much the same size, and none of my clothes pretty much make it to my closet after laundry is done. I work very hard for the nice clothes I buy and my sisters just mooch. I also have to share my car because we don't have enough vehicles to go around. They also feel whenever necessary to use my camera, go through my cellphone etc. There is no such thing as personal space in our house, I guess because its little.

Just wondering if anyone feels this frustration.
Bee20nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 02:07 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/187/140

Height: 5'8

Oh man, what a bummer! I'm sorry. I can understand how it would be frustrating to work for something and have people take it whenever they feel like it.

I was the only girl growing up -- boys didn't want my stuff. Now I share everything with the bf. But I dont mind it. He can have anything he wants of mine. He's a little more greedy with "his" stuff, though.
raw23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 02:12 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 350/350/170

Height: 5'9"

i grew up with two older brothers, one of which was a lot older so he was out of the house by the time i was in 2nd grade. my niece lived with us when i was in college and we shared a room, but that was my idea. now i have my husband who uses my stuff, but i guess it's his stuff too

just think about when you are buying smaller clothes and they can't mooch off of your wardrobe! that will be nice! can you lock your phone? i know on mine i can lock it and you can't do anything on it unless you unlock it with the 4-digit numerical password.
jmb1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 02:16 PM   #4  
Feelin' Sassafrassy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmb1981 View Post
i grew up with two older brothers, one of which was a lot older so he was out of the house by the time i was in 2nd grade. my niece lived with us when i was in college and we shared a room, but that was my idea. now i have my husband who uses my stuff, but i guess it's his stuff too

just think about when you are buying smaller clothes and they can't mooch off of your wardrobe! that will be nice! can you lock your phone? i know on mine i can lock it and you can't do anything on it unless you unlock it with the 4-digit numerical password.
That is a great idea, except I would probably forget the code. ROFL
Old 11-12-2008, 02:18 PM   #5  
Feelin' Sassafrassy

It seems the only thing I have that no one really touches is my laptop even then it gets the occasional invader. But everything from clothes, camera, car, etc get raided.
Old 11-12-2008, 02:49 PM   #6  
I'm a khaleesi!!

S/C/G: 260/188/130

Height: 5'3"

My sister is a home invader. I have to be careful who gets my house keys when I leave town or she'll make a copy. She goes grocery shopping at my house, steals clothes, cell phones, money, movies, she's even taken furnature and electronics in the past. I was on vacay last week and got a call from a friend "uh, is larz supposed to be driving your truck?" NO! OMG, I so feel your pain, except, I have my own house. And try as you might you'll never get rid of them, they'll always be your sisters and they will always take your stuff! Good luck, if I were you I'd tell them you have a terrible contagious rash and NOT to borrow your clothes or they may get it too. Although, that only works till they want to see the rash...
ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 02:57 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee20nine View Post
It seems the only thing I have that no one really touches is my laptop even then it gets the occasional invader.
Put a password on it.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 03:27 PM   #8  
Losing weight - Toning up

S/C/G: 159/128/120

oh man oh man, i feel your pain. Although i don't have sister that go through my clothes but my computer. My cousins always get on it and download stuff i don't want to see. And sometimes they crash it too and it usually at time when i really need to use my comp too. It's just soooo annoying. They even unlock my password i put on (and i don't even know how they do it).
The only thing i could do was to tell them straight that "don't ever get on my comp again".... although after that, i do feel i'm selfish but then again.....it's still better that way for me ^^
Annita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 06:35 PM   #9  
Feelin' Sassafrassy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieJ08 View Post
Put a password on it.
I do, trust me. Its to no avail.
Old 11-12-2008, 07:04 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Something's wrong with all these passwords that don't work ...
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 07:11 PM   #11  
Feelin' Sassafrassy

I guess to me I shouldn't have to change my password every x amount of time so my family doesn't gain access to my computer. It just irks me that they don't have enough respect for my stuff to leave it alone they feel entitled to use it because its in the house.
Old 11-12-2008, 07:51 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 194/139/125

Height: 5'8"

Default Ugh...

I had a drug addict best friend, and my younger sister was a horrible thief.

I remedied the younger sister problems by making sure I put all of my stuff away in my room and installing a heavy duty bolt lock on my bedroom door.

I ended up having to do the same with my bedroom at the apartment I shared with the tweaker friend once I moved out on my own the last two years of high school. Eventually I threw her out and changed the locks on the doors, but we kinda lived in the ghetto and she managed to get in by sneaking into the attic and wiggling her way through the large furnace vent in the kitchen. Yeah, I know...

I came home and heard her moving around in there. Buzzed on the intercom, and like a dumbass she answered it, so I parked my car around the block and called the cops to report a break-in in my apartment and that the person was still there. Heh...

I didn't stay long after that incident. My part time moonlighting job ended up netting me a few grand a week just from scheduled regulars so I moved into a gorgeous 3,000 sq ft townhouse in a beautiful gated community with my dog and never had to deal with people and their crap again.

As for my husband, he has his things and I have mine. The only people in this house who mess around with other peoples stuff without permission is the cats, and they're obnoxious about it. I think i've had at least 20 ponytail elastics go MIA in the last month, and when I was vacuuming I found nearly 10 of them, chewed up and hidden in one of the caves of their 9 foot tall cat jungle gym thing. You can't hide stuff from them! They steal earrings, socks, nail clippers, my tape measure, my wedding set when I take them off to wash dishes, wash cloths. The list is endless.

Get a P/T Friday and Saturday night gig as a dominatrix. It's recession-proof, the tips are awesome, and then you could save up to get your own place! Problem solved!
NishKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 08:33 PM   #13  
Back on the wagon

S/C/G: 205/162/125

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Get a P/T Friday and Saturday night gig as a dominatrix. It's recession-proof, the tips are awesome, and then you could save up to get your own place! Problem solved!
nish, that is freakin' AWESOME. you rule.
kuhljeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 10:53 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 170/Ticker/124-126

Height: 5'3"

i have a sister like that but she lives 500 miles away .. so when she visits she can just steal what she wants and i will never see any of it again lol
jahjah1223 is offline   Reply With Quote