Old 11-11-2008, 06:26 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 217/199/175

Height: 5'7"

Default new member needing support

i am a new member to the community and really need help i am trying to lose30 pounds and nothing seems to help i tried dieting changing my eating habits even the foods i eat and have not lost weight ineed help
cntgtbck175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 06:29 PM   #2  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

welcome! first of all you might like to say what exactly you have tried so we can see where you might be going wrong
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 06:37 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 217/199/175

i have tried only fish and chicken all baked yogurt fresh fruit no pop i try water but i really dont like it so i drink a lot of fruit drinks i skip meals sometimes because i dont have time to prepare meals i only do walking i have a two mile exercise video and i do it three times a week
cntgtbck175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 06:43 PM   #4  
This is not a test.

ok, well firstly (this is my 2 cents only >.<) try not to skip meals. Thats just going to slow down your metabolism and make you hungrier and more likely to over eat later. Secondly, you have a lot of fruit drinks- they're going to be high in sugar (you might be surprised when you check the calories!) which doesnt help. What you could do is try watering down the juice so you have a taste in your water but you're not having a whole heap of sugar with it. You can also have more than chicken and fish maybe look on here for recipes, definately have lots of vegetables- low calorie, high fibre, very yummy
Old 11-11-2008, 06:56 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 290/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

I would recommend something more structured, like calorie counting, at first- after you lose the bulk of what you want to, eating like you currently are seems like a great way to maintain at that point.
Calorie counting is the only thing that has ever worked for me, and I've lost 42 pounds so far in the first 90 days. Its easy to see exactly what goes in so you know the math of what it will take to lose weight.

or if that's not for you, other people prefer other programs.
kelly315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 06:57 PM   #6  
This is not a test.

i am also a calorie counter, and i love it ^_^
Old 11-11-2008, 07:06 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 170/Ticker/124-126

Height: 5'3"

Welcome to the site!
jahjah1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 07:40 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 180/152/140

Height: 5' 6"

Welcome! I agree that something structured will work much better than just making an effort. There are so many ways to get extra calories! I've had a lot of success with weight watchers, which is essentially a more structured form of calorie counting. You may want to work on adding in some whole grains in place of refined products (white rice, white bread, etc) to help fill you up and keep you going. Believe it or not, not all carbs are bad for you. Fill yourself up on lots of veggies!

Iced tea makes a great alternative to water- just don't add any sugar or use a sugar replacement.

There are a lot of helpful people on here and many wonderful recipes. You can do it and you don't have to feel deprived!
Cassidy Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 08:16 PM   #9  
Queen Yo-yo

S/C/G: 185/169.2/135

Height: 5'4"

Hey darlin! If you listen to the intelligent ladies on here, you can't HELP but lose weight, they're fantastic!

I noticed you didn't mention an exercise routine in there.
Don't get me wrong, I'm the absolute last person in the world who should be preaching about the benefits of exercise. For the hour before I go to the gym three times a week, I throw a childish hissy fit in my head, complete with "I DON'T WANNA!"s and "I wanna go back to bed! "s.

That being said, when I get outta there... good god do I feel fantastic. I eat a big bowl of oatmeal for breakfast with organic honey that winds up setting me back 300 caloriesish. But when I go to the gym and rock out on the elliptical for half an hour, watchin 40 Year Old Virgin on my iPod, I burn 350 calories or more sometimes. I feel great, because I rationalize that I've not only completely negated eating breakfast (without the health and metabolism killers of just SKIPPING breakfast...), and I've gained muscle which will help to burn fat!

Even if you don't join a gym, or like treadmills/ellipticals (I hate treadmills, a particularly evil one gave me achilles tendonitis, but the elliptical is my friend still..), at least start adding in small amounts of extra exercise you weren't getting before. Download an audiobook onto your mp3 player, or buy an audiobook on CD for your CD player, and take an hour long walk a few times a week. (Audiobooks keep me from being bored. Nature is only pretty for so long before you're all, "Been there, seen that." and then I get bored on my walks.) Starting small can help to ensure that you keep goin'.

Stick around honey, I have faith in you! I know you can lose this weight!

Also.. I agree, don't skip meals. It makes your body think you're starving, and then when you DO eat, your body turns the food into fat, thinking you'll need it when you're outta food.

Last edited by Jelbb; 11-11-2008 at 08:17 PM.
Jelbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 09:17 PM   #10  
Feelin' Sassafrassy

S/C/G: 317/271/165

Height: 6'0''

I agree with Jelbb, exercise is also key to weight loss and maybe doing a more structured routine would help you. I lost about 30lbs on basically just doing Weight Watchers, I don't do meetings they are stupid expensive. However, I see the benefit of accountability. However, now that I am past that point in order to still lose around 2 lbs a week I have to go to the gym. I like Jelbb also throw a hissy fit before I go, but afterward I am always glad i went.

I would say also, try like the crystal light packs in your water it will save you a ton of calories instead of the fruit juice. I would also try a more diversified diet. Just because its lean doesnt mean its the best for you, I have found that sometimes eating something "bad" in small portions does a body good. It reminds my body how to process stuff like that.
Bee20nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 09:23 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 225/225/175

Height: 5'5

I'm just starting also and i'm trying to lose 50lbs. stay tuff. we'll get through it!
kristynewton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 03:22 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 268/268/160

Wink

I totally agree wit bee20. Chrystal light is super good and will help with your water intake. Multi small meals are may be helpful if you are short on time. Good Luck!

Last edited by tlindsey82; 11-13-2008 at 03:22 PM.
tlindsey82 is offline   Reply With Quote