Old 11-11-2008, 10:20 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 260/252/150

Height: 5'7"

Default Unsure...

Being that I am a new member I am not quite sure what to do. In my other post I go on about my weight issues amongst other things, but I never really mention about me...I am a college student...and it is quite hard to stick to a diet on campus. (not that it isnt anywhere else) I feel like I am alone in this journey that I am going through, and I don't know what else to do.
mashfreak077 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 10:25 AM   #2  

Height: 5'9"

You've come to the right place then. I to WAS alone in my weight loss journey. No one really cared, plus the people I live with don't eat healthy. So I was doing it by myself.
I thank God for this site. It's been a staple in my journey. I get all the support I could ask for here, plus where else could I post a weird diet related question at 3 in the morning, and someone actually answers it promptly?
My favourite part is reading peoples success stories and seeing pictures, they inspire me.
3FC
luvja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 11:42 AM   #3  
Kae
. * . * . * . * . * . * .

You are in the right place. Feel free to talk about whatever you need to.. we are all in this together. I know a lot of people feel the way you do. I can relate. I am 25... it's not that long ago that I was in college and now I am looking at going back again. As for being alone in the journey, YOU will be your best friend when it comes to getting healthy. As with lots of people, my family chooses not to eat healthy and is not in this weightloss journey with me. Sure, they think it is great that I am doing it... but that doesn't mean they are going to stop having junk food and candy at home and eat fast food for dinner... I am learning to control my choices and not be influenced by the choices of those around me.

Feel free to message me anytime, all the best---
Kae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 11:45 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 259/224/148

I am not in college but I am the only person in my house with a weight issue and it is hard to be the ONLY one. This place is great because you don't feel alone, it helps to motivate and is a great place for support. You can do it and we are all here to help cheer you on!!!
Nichole28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 11:56 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 260/252/150

Height: 5'7"

Thank you all for that...knowing i am not alone in this helps make it seem a little easier...best of luck to everyone
mashfreak077 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 12:07 PM   #6  
inspired this time around

S/C/G: 161/149/130

Height: 5'3''

Dear..... I know it's a tough journey.... I am a wife to a skinny man and mom to 2 healthy/active boys.... It seems like food is always in my face....Alone or in the heart of a happy family, it is tough....You only have yourself to think of....stay focused...Good luck!!!
whoIwannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 03:05 PM   #7  
career counselor a-gogo

S/C/G: HW:~330 325/ticker/145

Height: 5'7

I'm back at college but I live in an apartment so I have a kitchen. But I do have to eat on campus some days. We have a mixed salad station and a sandwich station that both offer healthy alternatives. I went through our student union building and scoped out the best choices then went home and put the ingredients in DailyPlate. You should be able to get the nutrition information on what they are serving if you ask for it.

Also you might have access to resources (that many of us would love to have) on your campus. Here are some we have, though not all are very well advertised.

Counseling Center
Medical Clinic
Nutritionist
Wellness office
Pool and Gym
Running/Walking Track
Campus support groups (christian groups, GLBT groups, intramural sports)

See what your school has and take advantage of it while you can. I use our health clinic a lot.

Last edited by rodeogirl; 11-11-2008 at 03:06 PM.
rodeogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 09:09 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 268/ticker/140

Height: 5'6

Have you thought about getting a buddy? Even if its just online, someone to email with, chat with etc..it can be a great source of more intimate support Id be happy to volunteer if you like
S.A.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 12:04 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 291/285/160

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoIwannabe View Post
Dear..... I know it's a tough journey.... I am a wife to a skinny man and mom to 2 healthy/active boys.... It seems like food is always in my face....Alone or in the heart of a happy family, it is tough....You only have yourself to think of....stay focused...Good luck!!!

I totally agree with whoIwannabe! I am in that same situation and feel like I'm the only one having to watch what I eat. But here, I feel like everyone understands and is there at any time.
You can also send me a message at any time
mikeysangel is offline   Reply With Quote