Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 11-10-2008, 02:37 PM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Talking Weekly Chick Chat: November 24th - 30th

Hi Everyone,

Hope you all had a great weekend. I'm still catching up from vacation. We went to Disney and had a blast. It was our first vacation since we got married (20 years).

How are you chickies??

Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 03:14 PM   #2  
Burning it away

Height: 5'2

Leenie, wow! I bet it was a well deserved vacation Glad you have fun!

I'm doing okay, sill feeling positive. I cant stop eating but I figure that beats lying in my bed all day feeling sorry for myself!
Spoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 03:26 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/180

Height: 5'5

All is well. Finally trying to get a hold of this eating. I am stressed out at work and dealing with some pain BUT I didnt turn to food. I had a BIG salad and Cyrstal Light for lunch. One day at a time!!

Also, I am excited because I bought a OLD cookbook. Cooking Light 1997. It has the recipes for the whole year of the magazine ini there. I saw some really doable stuff. When I get to goal (160-180) I can start playing around with cooking. It is something to look foward too. Have a great day all!!

Lauren ~ I am glad that you are not hiding yourself from the world. Although, you can't stop eating maybe you can eat some healthy snacks like popcorn, pretzels and etc. Hang in there! I dont have room to advice anyone. But I soooo much understand where you are coming from. I eat like a zombie sometimes. Just shoveling it in and not even being aware of how much I am eating and etc...Stay motivated!!

Last edited by RoyalAthena; 11-10-2008 at 03:27 PM.
RoyalAthena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 12:54 AM   #4  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

Default blue day

The sleep deprivation I get with work definitely affects my mood. I have been doing quite well, for a couple of weeks. but today, blahhhh
I was up working in the night, had a nap in the afternoon, but have been feeling blah all evening, and playing my addictive little game on my blackberry.
Which I do to ignore or block out my life.
So I didn't exercise, or play music or anything worthwhile.
I didn't over eat tho, so something went right.
My plan is that tomorrow is another day, and let myself have this blue day, and get back on track in the morning.
Goodnight everyone, heres hoping sunrise brings joy.
fatmad
fatmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 07:07 AM   #5  
Heather 2.0

S/C/G: 290/281/139

Height: 5'8"

Morning!

Still not entirely on track... not sure how to boot this butt in gear... and driving in the snow is just irritating me - !

Chat soon - have a great day,
Heather
HeatherAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 10:52 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 246(s)/238(c)/130(g)

Height: 5'4"

my sister-in-law/best freind had her baby yesterday...It was a longgggg day..But it was awesome...I got to be in with her. I did get to see it but I was mostly helpin her and concentrating on getting her thru it. I counted for her while she pushed so I couldn't really watch that closesly!! Completely exhausted cause I got home late late into the morning then my baby and 2 year old woke me up at like 5:30 and the 2 year old wouldnt go back to sleep until like 6:30-7...ughhh
Ill put a picture up of my little nephew 5lbs 5oz 18 & half inches long..
momof4under5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 01:00 PM   #7  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

Default cute baby momof4

What a sweet little boy, but he is little! Glad she had you for support. Its always good for a woman to have familiar faces at that time.
Im off to bed again, have been up since 4 this morning, AGAIN, for another delivery. So my diet and exercise have been messed up again. Hope not to feel too down from it. Will have a nap and try to be positive and active when I get up.

well maybe
fatmad
fatmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 06:58 PM   #8  

Hi everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have missed this place sooooooooo much
Looking forward to chatting with both new and old friends
xoL
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 07:06 AM   #9  

S/C/G: H178/S170/140/135

Height: 5'3"

Good morning everyone,

Just wanted to update on DH. He's gotten into a new drug (human) trial. He had a one month window in which to be involved at no cost to us. The drug is $400 a pill; 3 weeks on, 1 week off. (I teased him and told him that's like birth control!!) That makes the cost $140 000+ a year... a little bit out of our league!! He started a week ago today, so we should know by his Dec. 18th appointment whether or not it has put the cancer back into remission. If not, then we have to take the bone marrow donor route.

He's in pretty good spirits, all and all. That few weeks or so were so incredibly rough for us both. But, we are both optimists and perhaps the cancer came back now so that he could be on this drug. Otherwise, this opportunity would not have come to be.

I'm managed to keep on program. Bit of a rough go for a week or so, but I seem to be back on track now. I have 8 pounds to go to reach goal. I haven't done any toning and it's very obvious, so that is my goal this week. I have already bought some hand weights, a resistance band and an exercise ball. I just have to get my ample rear in gear and get downstairs and use them now!

Have a great week everyone,
JM
JudoMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 11:08 AM   #10  

ok question in general...when your losing this weight how do you do it so you dont have a bunch of skin just hanging after you lose a lot of weight?? Was just thinking about that..I know my body wont be perfect but I want to do what i need to so I can look as best as possible!! ok got stuff to do today since i have been gone and running for the last two days...ok lata
Old 11-12-2008, 10:33 PM   #11  
Just keep moving ...

S/C/G: 241/238/140

Height: Just short enough (aka 5'4")

Heya gang - darkish days are still here I was so upbeat the first couple days this week, but I'm back to the "staring at the wall not doing anything stage." At least I'm finally watching what I eat again, hopefully that will help even things out in the long-run.

to all!

BTW - Mof4, love, love LOVE your find X thingy... teehee
Amarie2pt0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 12:12 AM   #12  
Starting Again

S/C/G: 202/163/120

Height: 5'1"

Hi everybody,

It's so good to see so many oldies in here. I've missed you all so much!

Gotta hit the hay but I'll try to catch up tomorrow.
hope4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 06:46 AM   #13  
Heather 2.0

S/C/G: 290/281/139

Height: 5'8"

Hi all -

Can't actually believe how l;long I've been 'off plan' and making excuses. Back at it today - wish me strength!!

Heather
HeatherAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 09:23 AM   #14  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Hi all

Hope your all well.

Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 10:45 AM   #15  

MeA-Staring at the wall depression is not good at all...I loved the x one too...lol

Heather-I hope you are able to keep your motivation!!! You will do well I know it!!