Old 11-10-2008, 01:03 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 222/222/145

Height: 5' 8"

Default Wendie Plan

Hi! I was wondering what everyone thinks about the Wendie Plan. Is anyone on this? Does it work? Has anyone tried it and it didn't work?

Thanks for all of your thoughts!! They are greatly appreciated!!
sleepheight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 01:37 PM   #2  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

I have been using the wendie plan for several weeks, I switched when I hit a plateau on the regular plan. It seems to work much better for my lifestyle than the traditional plan.
Good luck which ever way you go!
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 01:51 PM   #3  

Thanks so much nancylmrn for your response!! I am considering trying it. So do you feel like it is something that you could stick with for the long haul? Are you seeing results? THANKS!!
Old 11-10-2008, 02:07 PM   #4  

Sorry, but I had another thought: What kinds of things do you eat on your high day? How do you keep from eating stuff that's completely horrible for you? Or is that the point.....you can eat "bad" stuff that day? THANKS!!
Old 11-11-2008, 08:02 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 354/252/180

Height: 5'5

Sleep - I started the Wendie plan as soon as I started WW - for me, I don't gorge myself on "bad" food. If I want to eat out, I do, but I take note of the points. I don't think that the Wendie plan works effectively if you are using it to stuff yourself with junk on one day.

To make up points on my SHD, I normally eat nuts, full fat cheeses, "fattier" cuts of meat, or butter or full fat dairy. Now don't get me wrong, I do indulge in a few less suitable items, but I find wen I do that, it throws me off for the week. You usually only get about 10 extra points on the Wendie plan, so it really isn't that much when you start eating out or adding in those high point foods.

I started using the Wendie Plan in July '08 ad have dropped 46 lbs. When I stick to plan I easily lose 1-2 lbs a week without a stall

HTH!
texscrapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 12:47 PM   #6  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

sleep I agree with texs, on my shd I tend to eat 'out' and also have my wine but I watch what I eat and don't go crazy. I have never eaten all my points on that day but have gotten pretty close.

I am losing on the wendie plan and I tend to go for about 4 weeks then get hung up for a week or so then 1-3 pounds start to come off each week. I started ww the last week in Aug 08 doing no exercise and have lost 15 pounds..not near as many pounds at texs but -- again I was not exercising (for you texs)

For me this is something I can do for the long haul, the rest of my life. I am not finding it to difficult to stick to what I am doing now it just takes some pre-planning for each day and the overall week. I realize I now need to make a effort to plan when I want to go have a meal in a resturant, have a few glasses of wine, indulge in some 'junk' but it is certainly doable.

Keep us posted on how it is going for you!
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 01:03 PM   #7  

Thank you so much Tex and Nancy for responding!!
Planning to out to eat the SHD sounds like a good plan. It just seemed like so many more points, I just wanted you ideas on how to use them. This plan will be very useful around the holidays. I just haven't quite decided if I want to wait for a plateau to try this plan, or to just go ahead.
This is my fourth week on the WW plan and I'm also doing to C25K running program. I've lost about 12 pounds so far. Last week I was really afraid that I wasn't going to lose anything; I ended up losing 1 pound though. That's why I had considered doing the WP. I was thinking if I started not losing anything, as hard as I'm working on this running program, I might need to adjust my plan.
Thanks so much for letting me know your thoughts!!
More ideas or thoughts are very, very appreciated!